“Great hotel & Amazing location!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Distrikt Hotel

Save Saved
You added Distrikt Hotel to your Saves list
Distrikt Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   342 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Special Price
UP TO 20% OFF ROOM RATE
Ranked #16 of 449 hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Great hotel & Amazing location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is not a very fancy hotel but is a gem!! The rooms are a clean , good size.It is conveniently located close to the bus authority, times square and other metro stations.The staff is great and helpful.

3,120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I would like to start this review by saying that this was my first trip to NYC. I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and what a find it was. The desk staff was awesome and welcomed me to the city with a room upgrade. Room was clean and very comfortable, location was great. I will repeat.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I've stayed at a few similar hotels in the same area (between Times Square and the Garment District) and this one is definitively the best I've found (for similar rates/level of service).
The rooms are clean and the furnishing very recent. Nice design both in the rooms and in the public areas (to include the restaurant).
Breakfast at reasonable price and good service. Front desk staff very kind and helpful. Definitively in my short list if I were to visit NY again!

Room Tip: I've stayed at the 27th floor. I strongly suggest staying at 20th or above (much more quiet).
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The location is very good.. near from almost everything.. just gotta walk a little bit..not bad. The people there are really nice and helpful. They did a really good job..The bed was really comfortable and I had a nice view..The price I think it was okay. Will come back if the rates are the same

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Had to attend a conference in a major hotel on 53rd Street. Could get a booking for the days I needed and consulted Tripadvisor. The Distrikt hotel came highly recommended so I took a chance. It is a very small hotel, only four rooms per floor but 33 floors. I asked for a room towards the top but the 9th floor was the only one available for the price I had pre-booked. It faced the Port Authority Bus Terminal, not the best view but the room was great. Everything seemed new with an excellent bathroom and shower facility. The staff were very friendly and did not make you feel as though you should tip them, quite novel in the US.
There was a small restaurant that served excellent breakfasts and provided buffet snack free early evening.
The location is excellent for tourists, albeit in one of the less desirable side streets, and even though I was in New York at a conference I could walk quite easily to spots such as Times Square, the Rockefeller Centre and Empire State Building. In addition it was right next to the subway from which you can get virtually everywhere in the five New York boroughs.
My only complaint was that the air conditioner was not tightly sealed into the wall and there was quite a draught and some traffic noise. The temperature dropped to minus 13C during my visit and I had to block up the draught with pillows and cushions. Fortunately there were plenty to use.
Great place to stay for business or pleasure, highly recommended.

Great Bend, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Clean, stylish, and comfortable hotel. Extremely friendly & helpful staff. The brownies that were in our room upon check in were really good! Amazing value for the price. We will without a doubt be staying here again, and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed five nights in New York at the Distrikt Hotel. We were looking forward to our stay given what we had read in previous reviews and certainly the rooms were very clean, and quite spacious for New York. The rooms were maintained well during our stay.

The location is good, being right next to the Port Authority Bus Terminus, which enables you to be located next to a subway stop and a bus terminal at the same time. I would describe the Hotel as being more in the Hell's Kitchen district as opposed to Times Square.

Unfortunately we did find the reception staff to be rather unhelpful during our stay. They rushed any questions we had and showed a distinct lack of interest, which was a real shame as that was not our overall impression of New York.

Also, sadly, my wife had planned for the hotel to provide a surprise cake for my birthday which never arrived on the day - this was despite the fact she had read that the hotel provided this kind of service for 'special' birthdays. The hotel receptionist seemed disinterested in hearing this on checking out and as disinterested in discussing any possibility of extending our check out time or in hearing of our overall experience. Indeed, during our check out she was as rude to someone on the phone as she was to ourselves.

I wouldn't recommend eating in the restaurant either as our breakfast arrived a little burnt and to be truthful we were having a lazy day - there are plenty of better places to eat out in NYC!

Such a shame, as the hotel has it right in many other aspects.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Distrikt Hotel? Share your experiences!