“Awesome Hotel! Great Value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Save Saved
You added Andaz Wall Street to your Saves list
Andaz Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Wall Street, Entrance on Water Street, New York City, NY 10005 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #25 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome Hotel! Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I booked this hotel through a third party website, negotiating a very low rate before seeing the hotel. Once I arrived I was blown away by the value I received for my money. Beautiful, modern hotel. Very large rooms with high ceilings and huge windows, ample closet/storage space and amazing walk-in shower.

The Andaz also doesn't nickel and dime you. Complementary non-alcoholic beverages and snacks in the in-room minibar. Wine hour in the lobby in the evening and coffee bar in the morning. Check in and out is painless and the staff is extremely helpful and flexible. I was able to check in at 11:30AM, well before the 3PM standard check in and check out at 1PM, an hour after standard check out.

In terms of location, the financial district can offer a nice break from the traditional mid-town Manhattan experience (on the weekends, during the week the area is bustling). Duane Reade and Starbucks right across from the hotel. Row of about a dozen restaurants/bars around the corner with a cool alfresco dining experience on historic cobblestone streets. 5 minute walk to subway lines. Less than 10 minutes from many other sites including: south street seaport, battery park (ferries to Staten Island, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island), 9/11 memorial and new Freedom Tower, NYSE, and much more).

Highly recommended. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is ok. Great location in the Financial District. Room is large by NYC standards. Asked for more towels they never arrived. Asked separately for silverware also never arrived. Disappointing to have such poor service when staying at an Andaz. I hope that they get these issues fixed.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
JMillerAndazWS, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Lisa G,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Andaz Wall Street. I am sorry to hear we failed to respond to these simple requests. I hope you will allow us to serve your needs again on a future trip to New York City.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss these items as well enhance your next stay as I know we can provide a much better experience.

With kind regard,

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here for one night and enjoyed it overall. Our room was relatively spacious compared to others in New York we’ve stayed in. The overall design of the hotel was nice and contemporary. The location would be ideal for somebody with business on Wall St, but, thanks to the location not too far from the subway, it wasn’t a bad base for exploring the rest of the city, especially if you’re going between Brooklyn and Manhattan. We didn’t eat in the restaurant, but did have drinks in the bar, which was nice. There were a few drawbacks, however. The free wine reception, which is advertised at all the Andaz hotels, was not held the night we were there and we were told it was not being held due to Sandy - that happened months ago - which seemed odd as there was no apparent damage or work being done anywhere. Also, the area around the hotel really empties out at night- we did manage to find a place to get a drink, but if you’re looking for nightlife, this is not the spot for you. Overall, the hotel was very solid, service was friendly, but I would hesitate to recommend it to somebody visiting New York for the first time or on a purely leisure trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We booked through a third party website with an excellent rate.It was so good, in fact, that I half expected them to tell me that it was a hoax when I showed up a the front desk after a long flight.It wasn't a trick. Then, I was scared that the reason it was such a good rate was because I was really paying for a room to share with 12 Swiss back packers in a hostel like setting.That also wasn't the case. This hotel was amazing. The rooms were gigantic.The decor was modern.It had enough closet space to store all of our belongings and even more for all the impulse buying I did there. The staff was nothing but gracious and friendly the entire time I was there. The only negative I would give this hotel is the location, which is a little bit out of the way for most tourists, but there are several metro lines within a 10 minute walk from the hotel and there were cabs constantly in front of the hotel. I would stay here again without hesitation. If you value a large modern space with a giant bathtub and a quiet setting, this would definitely be the hotel to book. We will be back.

Room Tip: Our room on the 10th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind remarks and we look forward to your next visit here on Wall Street.

We appreciate your business and happy to hear you loved you oversized bath.

Houston Metro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Andaz Wall Street is awesome!!! I am not one for writing reviews unless I am really angry or unsatisfied about something. However, that was not the case here. The Andaz is well worth the money you are likely to pay. My only issue is the lighting in the bathroom, but the staff said they are working to change it. The lighting is really dim, which is not so good when trying to put on makeup.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Andaz

Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This was my first stay at one of Hyatt's Andaz properties and I was quite pleased. I had checked-in on-line, so when I got to the front desk I just presented my photo ID and was handed my keys. By New York standards, the room was large, decorated in simple modern chic.

Once I figured out the lighting and shade controls (an instruction sheet would be nice), they were great. From the front door and the bedside, I could control the lighting in the room, including a night light feature for the bathroom. So, I didn't have to use the night light I travel with. The night shade was power operated and it took my a while to find the switch, as it was bedside rather than near the window.

The bathroom was great. A huge @4x6 shower with an overhead rainfall and handheld spray. Plenty of accouterments, nice shelf space and a built-in mirror--great for those who like to shave in the shower.

I also liked that I wasn't nickeled and dimed. Free internet with good speed--good enough to stream video. The mini-bar was free for everything except alcohol. However, there wasn't quite enough to substitute for a meal. The hotel also made available lots of complementary items that one could easily forget.

The desk space was plentiful and the TV looked to be at least a 42" model with good channel selection.

I had no real complaints. Room service was a few minutes slow. The room was too warm and I had a hard time figuring out how to open the window as no air conditioning was available. Their system was one of those where it's either heat or cooling--it can't do both.

Check-out was done on-line, so not stopping by the desk.

The location is great if you have work to do in the financial district. I had four appointments/meetings--all were within a 5-10 minute walk.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Florianopolis, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My son and I stayed at Andaz Wall Street NY for 16 days and We really enjoyed the service, especially the outstanding professionalism of all the Front Desk Assistant Managers who were excepcionally helpful and friendly in all aspects. They were readly available to assist us in all of our needs at all times. We stayed in a very large standard type room (32 square meter loft-style) with 2 very large and confortable beds, offering free wireless Internet access, plus complimentary mini bar with snacks and non-alcoholic beverages and local telephone calls. The room featured two plush double beds and bathroom with walk-in shower and C.O. Bigelow bath products. The cons of the room were very poor ilumination and total lack of privacy of the bathroom (see through door without a lock!). The location is excellent (about 5 minutes walk to the subway station) taking about 20 minutes to get to Times Square (Get off on 42nd Street). It's within walking distance from the World Trade Center Memorial and Battery Park. We loved to have a Duanereade Store right across from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the standard with 2 double beds.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rafael L,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your stay with us on Wall Street. Also, thank you for your feedback and I would like to let you know that we are currently working on a project to improve lighting in the bathroom. This will be completed in the near future.

Until next time,

Jeffrey

Been to Andaz Wall Street? Share your experiences!