“Great Hyatt Redemption” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Wall Street

You added Andaz Wall Street to your Saves list
Andaz Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Wall Street, Entrance on Water Street, New York City, NY 10005 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #45 of 464 Hotels in New York City
“Great Hyatt Redemption”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed 1 Thursday night for a Staycation (since we live in Manhattan), but we needed to be out of our apartment, so we redeemed 22,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points for a night at Andaz Wall Street. Regular cash rates were $411 using the AAA rate and $457 otherwise. However, on weekend nights, the cash rates fell to $236 (AAA) and $262 (regular). Just something to keep in mind for those who are traveling for weekend leisure and not (weekday) business.

Given Andaz' reputation, we were expecting and received excellent service as soon as our taxi pulled up in front. A well dressed bellman came over to the taxi and started loading up our bags with a smile as we made our way out of the humid sweltering heat and into the perfectly air conditioned hotel lobby.

When I walked in, a receptionist walked over and brought me to the check-in area which was a long table of Macbooks and iPads instead of the usual "Front Desk" format.

She mentioned to me that I must really like Hyatt hotels after seeing his Diamond status to which I smirked. She offered the standard options for welcome amenities (1,000 Hyatt points or a local gift) but also said they offered a new option - a $10 donation to the Wounded Warrior Project (a charity supporting injured military veterans) on my behalf. Interestingly enough, she really spoke poorly of the local gift saying it's really not worth selecting. We selected the donation.

Diamond Amenities: Fortunately, given the hotel wasn't full, we were upgraded to a suite (Room 1525) for being a Diamond member. We were also given a late 4PM checkout the next day and were given $40/person for breakfast in the hotel restaurant in the morning.

The Room
Upon wanding the card over the lock, we opened the door and entered the sleek looking livingroom area. Unlike other hotel suites we've been in, the Andaz suite was more of a very large single room with a half-wall partition separating the livingroom area from the bedroom area. The partition was a livingroom TV on one side and a bedroom closet on the other. Clever. Odd, but clever. But this partition actually made the room a lot better for my family because I could constantly keep an eye on my 2 year old no matter which part of the suite she was playing in.

The bathroom was also very unique. While most hotels use a clean white tile to show you how sterile it is. But of course, the Andaz does it differently and uses a high contrast black tile. Further, they have glass doors separating the sink area from the toilet and the spa-like bathtub and rain shower.

Amenities
But my personal favorite feature of the Andaz stay was that WiFi and non-alcoholic drinks/snacks in the mini-bar were complimentary. Instead of nickle and diming (or quartering!) for every little thing, the Andaz just wants you to enjoy your stay and not worry about extra charges.

So while we usually just drink the free bottles of water at most hotels, now we could have a cold Coke or orange juice or green tea. In addition to the soft drinks, they had a few granola bars, artisan chocolate bar and spicy dill pickle flavored potato chips for free as well.

Some Issues
However, the room was already showing some wear and tear. The floor boards seemed to be warping where there were bubbles in the floor. Additionally, there were several visible scuff marks on the walls where furniture/luggage may have scraped against the wall. Additionally, there were several large cracks in the bathroom floor. None of these made a big impact on our 1 night stay, but just something that stuck out given how high end and new the hotel is.

The one service issue was that they seemed to be understaffed. When we were checking out, we called downstairs to help with our luggage. After 20 minutes, no one showed up. I called back down and made a 2nd request. The woman who checked us in appeared at our door and loaded up our luggage on the cart.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Songer5,

I wanted to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your loyalty with Hyatt and happy you chose to use your Gold Passport points to stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room accommodations and that we were able to upgrade you to a suite based on your Diamond level status. I apologize for the delay in service you received upon your checkout. Please know that is not the level of service we typically provide here at Andaz Wall Street. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Adrienne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at the Casablanca for a couple nights and one night at the Andaz Wall Street. The Andaz is very modern, sleek, and stylish. The restaurant inside is immaculate with great tasting food so hats off to the chefs. Veronica and Erin was very helpful at the front desk and was very enthusiastic about everything which made us feel alive. A lot of road noise and construction goes on during the night and it was distracting which aggravated us a lot. Daniel the assistant manager put up with our yelling most of the night. Even then he apologized and remained calm while still trying to find a solution instead of an excuse. He personally moved all of our luggage to another room...a manager did that. A nice final touch was a card with a note stating "Yours in Service". This made us forget the sleepless night. The hotel staff in general is amazing and exudes sincere genuine personalities. This is what makes a hotel memorable even if there are problems.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

While I live in NY, once in a while I like doing a staycation and treat myself to a weekend of room service and relaxation. Anyone living in New York City knows of the cramped apartment life that we experience. Andaz Wall Street is always my go to hotel for top notch service and amenities. My most recent stay was Labor Day weekend staying in the Andaz suite. Can I say amazing room, huge soaking tub and rainfall shower. Not to mention amazing windows which allowed lots of light. My only negatives I would say was that our fridge was not stocked when we arrived, something the hotel was happy to correct. Also the people staying in the neighboring room were quite noise sensitive (not the hotels fault). Perhaps next time the hotel would consider moving them to a quieter part of the hotel? The financial district is low key on the weekends but its a great time to do a walking tour and visit some historic parts of New York. I will definitely stay at Andaz again when I need another escape from my neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear stylistagirl,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Andaz Wall Street. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your weekend getaway from home. I do apologize for the noise concerns and for the refrigerator not being stocked upon your arrival, but I am happy to hear that the staff took care of this immediately. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Beautiful, elegant and modern hotel. A boutique hotel for grown-ups. Atmosphere is tranquil, a welcome contrast to the hubbub of NYC. Rooms are spacious and well apoointed. Food is excellent. Cocktail list is interesting. Conference facilities and gym are very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Andaz

Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've stayed here two or three times (both pre- and post-Sandy... actually I was there an hour before they had to evacuate) and I absolutely love this hotel. It's just beautiful. I love modern architecture, I love comfortable hotel rooms, and this place is just a dream come true for me. The bed is lovely to sleep in, the room is very large for Manhattan, the shower is huge and the bathroom is quite striking, design-wise.

I had a very tight schedule on one trip - arriving in NYC at 3PM and had to squeeze in a client meeting before 6PM. I suggested we meet at my hotel since we needed to be somewhere with wifi and somewhere I wouldn't have to spend time traveling to. She remarked several times on how beautiful the room and hotel were.

The location is great if you're going to be spending time downtown - it's fairly close to a lot of different subway lines so you can get all over the city pretty easily. It's also very close to the river, which I like - it's nice to walk over and get a bit of fresh air on the waterfront.

I have zero hesitation recommending this hotel! I've probably stayed in 20+ hotels in NYC and this might be my favorite so far.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

In the ongoing saga of moving back to New York, I checked into the Andaz Wall Street for four days after going from a motel in Newark to sleeping in my GMC Yukon XL rental car near the Waverly Restaurant in the West Village (The Waverly Restaurant is open 24 Hours and the waiters are gentleman and incredibly kind guys).

The Andaz Wall Street staff - Veronica, Erin, Josh, Ryan, Bryan, Alexandra, and especially Alyssa were not only understanding about my credit and debit card crises with my bank but they went above and beyond to make me feel safe, welcome, and taken care of.

I was so appreciative of the service and assistance at the hotel (not to mention the tasteful decor and quiet atmosphere) that I have contacted Hyatt headquarters and spoken to my banker at Chase to start arranging the Hyatt Gold Card so that I can make it possible (and much much easier on myself) to stay at the Andaz Wall Street when I need to in New York.

Thank you to Hyatt, Andaz Wall Street and to the staff. I not only learned a lot about navigating the world of hotels and fees in New York - but I found about ten safe, well lit, and amazingly available quiet public space in the Financial District where I can get work done and get my thoughts together after those busy New York days.

Room Tip: Always book with the staff or by calling Hyatt reservations for secure rates and straight forward an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Rachel P,

Greetings from Andaz Wall Street and thank you very much for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay. Knowing that you enjoyed your stay so much is our greatest motivation to achieve our main goal, which is to make our guests feel more than welcome. I am looking forward to sharing your comments with our staff. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I visited this hotel for a work conference that was held nearby at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park. It was my first Andaz experience and I was very impressed. The hotel was very similar to a W Brand property, only much nicer. The check-in procedure is easy, the serivce was great and the room was very well designed. I especially liked the remote control lights and blinds, and the bathroom layout. The fitness center is well equipped and this specific property has a nice restaurant, bar and spa. I had not before stayed in the Financial District, but I definitely will do so again. It is much quieter and relaxed than midtown. Overall, a very nice experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Camsen,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your first Andaz experience! It is so nice knowing that you enjoyed your room accommodations and the service you received from our staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Andaz Wall Street on your next visit to New York City.

Kind regards,
Adrienne

Been to Andaz Wall Street? Share your experiences!