“Overall sincerity deserves an A+” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Wall Street

You added Andaz Wall Street to your Saves list
Andaz Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Wall Street, Entrance on Water Street, New York City, NY 10005 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #33 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Dallas, Texas
“Overall sincerity deserves an A+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at the Casablanca for a couple nights and one night at the Andaz Wall Street. The Andaz is very modern, sleek, and stylish. The restaurant inside is immaculate with great tasting food so hats off to the chefs. Veronica and Erin was very helpful at the front desk and was very enthusiastic about everything which made us feel alive. A lot of road noise and construction goes on during the night and it was distracting which aggravated us a lot. Daniel the assistant manager put up with our yelling most of the night. Even then he apologized and remained calm while still trying to find a solution instead of an excuse. He personally moved all of our luggage to another room...a manager did that. A nice final touch was a card with a note stating "Yours in Service". This made us forget the sleepless night. The hotel staff in general is amazing and exudes sincere genuine personalities. This is what makes a hotel memorable even if there are problems.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

While I live in NY, once in a while I like doing a staycation and treat myself to a weekend of room service and relaxation. Anyone living in New York City knows of the cramped apartment life that we experience. Andaz Wall Street is always my go to hotel for top notch service and amenities. My most recent stay was Labor Day weekend staying in the Andaz suite. Can I say amazing room, huge soaking tub and rainfall shower. Not to mention amazing windows which allowed lots of light. My only negatives I would say was that our fridge was not stocked when we arrived, something the hotel was happy to correct. Also the people staying in the neighboring room were quite noise sensitive (not the hotels fault). Perhaps next time the hotel would consider moving them to a quieter part of the hotel? The financial district is low key on the weekends but its a great time to do a walking tour and visit some historic parts of New York. I will definitely stay at Andaz again when I need another escape from my neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear stylistagirl,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Andaz Wall Street. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your weekend getaway from home. I do apologize for the noise concerns and for the refrigerator not being stocked upon your arrival, but I am happy to hear that the staff took care of this immediately. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

All the best,
Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Beautiful, elegant and modern hotel. A boutique hotel for grown-ups. Atmosphere is tranquil, a welcome contrast to the hubbub of NYC. Rooms are spacious and well apoointed. Food is excellent. Cocktail list is interesting. Conference facilities and gym are very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Andaz

Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've stayed here two or three times (both pre- and post-Sandy... actually I was there an hour before they had to evacuate) and I absolutely love this hotel. It's just beautiful. I love modern architecture, I love comfortable hotel rooms, and this place is just a dream come true for me. The bed is lovely to sleep in, the room is very large for Manhattan, the shower is huge and the bathroom is quite striking, design-wise.

I had a very tight schedule on one trip - arriving in NYC at 3PM and had to squeeze in a client meeting before 6PM. I suggested we meet at my hotel since we needed to be somewhere with wifi and somewhere I wouldn't have to spend time traveling to. She remarked several times on how beautiful the room and hotel were.

The location is great if you're going to be spending time downtown - it's fairly close to a lot of different subway lines so you can get all over the city pretty easily. It's also very close to the river, which I like - it's nice to walk over and get a bit of fresh air on the waterfront.

I have zero hesitation recommending this hotel! I've probably stayed in 20+ hotels in NYC and this might be my favorite so far.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

In the ongoing saga of moving back to New York, I checked into the Andaz Wall Street for four days after going from a motel in Newark to sleeping in my GMC Yukon XL rental car near the Waverly Restaurant in the West Village (The Waverly Restaurant is open 24 Hours and the waiters are gentleman and incredibly kind guys).

The Andaz Wall Street staff - Veronica, Erin, Josh, Ryan, Bryan, Alexandra, and especially Alyssa were not only understanding about my credit and debit card crises with my bank but they went above and beyond to make me feel safe, welcome, and taken care of.

I was so appreciative of the service and assistance at the hotel (not to mention the tasteful decor and quiet atmosphere) that I have contacted Hyatt headquarters and spoken to my banker at Chase to start arranging the Hyatt Gold Card so that I can make it possible (and much much easier on myself) to stay at the Andaz Wall Street when I need to in New York.

Thank you to Hyatt, Andaz Wall Street and to the staff. I not only learned a lot about navigating the world of hotels and fees in New York - but I found about ten safe, well lit, and amazingly available quiet public space in the Financial District where I can get work done and get my thoughts together after those busy New York days.

Room Tip: Always book with the staff or by calling Hyatt reservations for secure rates and straight forward an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Rachel P,

Greetings from Andaz Wall Street and thank you very much for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay. Knowing that you enjoyed your stay so much is our greatest motivation to achieve our main goal, which is to make our guests feel more than welcome. I am looking forward to sharing your comments with our staff. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back.

All the best,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I visited this hotel for a work conference that was held nearby at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park. It was my first Andaz experience and I was very impressed. The hotel was very similar to a W Brand property, only much nicer. The check-in procedure is easy, the serivce was great and the room was very well designed. I especially liked the remote control lights and blinds, and the bathroom layout. The fitness center is well equipped and this specific property has a nice restaurant, bar and spa. I had not before stayed in the Financial District, but I definitely will do so again. It is much quieter and relaxed than midtown. Overall, a very nice experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Camsen,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your first Andaz experience! It is so nice knowing that you enjoyed your room accommodations and the service you received from our staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Andaz Wall Street on your next visit to New York City.

Kind regards,
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Having stayed at several hotels in lower Manhattan over the years, I think this large king room was the most spacious for the price. The room has a lot of good features - multipurpose rotating closet, rain shower head, bathtub. Staff was friendly. Complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic drinks was nice.

I do think the lighting in the bathroom is too dark. We could hear some street noise on the 12th floor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaz Wall Street? Share your experiences!