“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Save Saved
You added Andaz Wall Street to your Saves list
Andaz Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Wall Street, Entrance on Water Street, New York City, NY 10005 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #24 of 451 hotels in New York City
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Just returned after a week staying at the Andaz. The room was large, clean and modern. The reception staff were very helpful and always had a smile and hello.

Though the hotel is not in Times Square we found it a perfect place to stay. The subway was just around the corner, restaurants were very high quality and the Squires Diner was perfect for breakfast. I would definitely recommend the Andaz and hope to return next year.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

1,630 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at Andaz quite a few times while on business, do this review is based on my experiences over last 3 yrs.
Location: great for Wall St, not so great for mid-town or Central Park area. Best location if you're on a business trip.
Rooms: on a smaller side, but very functional and convenient, unfortunately not very quiet. It's worth upgrading if you can. Proper large bath and walk in showers are great, beds are comfortable and firmer than in some other hotels. Radio/ I-phone dock is poor quality.
Facilities: both bar and restaurant are reasonably priced and good, and in my view got better over last yeat. Gym is ok, but currently closed (ask for a voucher to go to proper gym on Wall st).
Service: friendly and attentive, as almost always in good NY hotel, can't complain.
Although I stayed only on business, prices are reasonable and I would definitely consider staying over for the weekend as well.

• Stayed February 2013
Kary T, Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Vadim T,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are currently renovating our gym and looking forward to the re-opening. We truely appreciate your loyalty to us and we hope to welcome you back many more times in the future!

Kind regards,
Kary Takach
Assistant Executive Manager
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed there with my mother and grandmother just last week and had a wonderful experience. The hotel is very modern, clean lines and excellent service. The rooms were great, equipped with shades that slide down over the windows in the evening for privacy and complimentary snacks every day - just watch out for the glass walled bathrooms! I would definitely stay there again, breakfast was great and the hotel is situated in a convenient area of lower Manhattan. Would recommend it anyone traveling for business to the Wall St. area or others just vacationing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I read all the reviews gushing with praise for this property but I was disappointed when I got there. I feel like I am overly picky about the place. Sure, the room was high-tech but the lighting was poor. Staff was friendly and courteous but the iPad check-in system was not working properly - 10 minute wait for them to sort things out. Restaurant was an expensive event with so-so food. If you are going visit the theater district, it is a $45.00 round trip cab fare. If you drive there and park, it costs about the same for 5 hours. The room was not attended to:
* Clock radio had not been adjusted for daylight savings time. I couldn't figure out how to set the time so someone had to come up and do it.
* Cordless telephone by night stand not working - needed to be replaced.
* WIFI problems throughout my 3 day stay - reported it several times - no resolve.
* Parts missing from shade pulls, shower spray.
* The bathroom was dark with very "warm" light bulbs - terrible for shaving let alone putting on makeup.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the first time this past weekend. We didn't pay for the room because it was picked up by the sponsor of the NYC half marathon so I can't speak to price, but this place was great. Great location, ultra modern styling from the lobby through the room, and a very friendly staff.

The room was very cool. All the furniture was modular and moveable. The bath area in the room was also very nice - open concept where you have a large shower area with a rain shower head that opens up to a very large soaking tub. Not great for families since there is no door for the bath area and there is a glass window that looks directly into the bedroom area - no privacy.

The area is also very nice - many things within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper level floor that faces the water
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Let me first say I booked this hotel through a third party website and was nervous about staying. Then I saw that this hotel had a #16 (now #14) ranking in all of New York City, which if I may say is pretty damn awesome to begin with. So wow, where do I begin?
First, they fully met my request to have a room on the highest floor allowable, which was pretty cool.
Second, I told them I was there to run a NYRR race in Brooklyn and they immediately engaged me in conversations about health and fitness (which I love, btw). Even turns out they have one guy at the check in table who had lost over 100lbs already. I do not remember his name, but I wish to applaud him again for that success and hope he continues his journey towards a healthy lifestyle (notice I did not say diet, ugh I hate that word). I told him about my journey of losing of 210lbs myself and it was quite an intriguing conversation. What customer would not appreciate that. But this story get topped by another staff member at the checkin counter....details coming up. Speaking of check in:
Third: I was quite amazing with their contemporary style of guest check in. At any normal hotel or motel, the employees are usually behind a desk...not here! These guys check you in from a meeting table using iPads....how sick it that?! I've never seen anything so cutting edge. But when it comes to REAL cutting edge:
Fourth:
Let's talk about the room. Let me first state that I am an Architect by trade....therefore, I definitely KNOW good design when I see it. When it comes to design....good simply does it no justice. Their rooms are IMPECCABLE! First of all, for a New York Hotel, their room quite spacious. Something you'll RARELY find in New York City. Next, their choice of materiality and layout quite posh. They've done a great job mixing black and white color palates with wood finishes. The carpet seemed a little stained, but it was no biggie. However, the grand prize of design went to the bathroom. Its jet black stone veneer was so sleek and sexy its just heart melting. You combine that with state-of-the-art lighting system in every room, its so captivating it makes you NEVER want to leave your room! Now comes the best part of the stay:
Finally, the Gold Prize to what makes the Andaz the best hotel in Lower Manhattan is their guest service employee named Erin. Not only was so sweet and professional, she had the most amazing story I've ever heard from a hotel employee. I almost died literally!! It too loong and funny to explain but lets just say it was GOOD! So Erin, if you are reading this: next time you run a Half Marathon, make sure you eat BEFORE the race, hahahhahaa!

Bottom line, if you're looking for a hotel in the Financial District/Wall Street Area head over to 75 Wall Street and stay at the Andaz Hyatt Wall Street. You'll get 5-star quality WITHOUT paying a 5-star price ;-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We planned to stay here, but upon seeing our room we felt it was too dirty to stay. The bathroom was dark, but upon close examination it was not cleaned well. Also, we requested a hypoallergenic room, but there was still a stuffiness and odor to the room. We asked to switch to another room, but the second was worst than the first. It doesn't seem that cleanliness is a priority at this hotel. Even the hallways could benefit from a good cleaning and some paint. We left to find another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kary T, Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear GoldenMonarch,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to learn that you feel cleanliness is not a priority for us and I am even more concerned that you departed the hotel as a result of this. Our housekeeping team takes pride in their jobs and it's disapointing to know we failed to meet your expectations. Please know, we discuss guest feedback with our teams frequently and will utilize your comments to improve our services moving forward.

Kary Takach
Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Andaz Wall Street? Share your experiences!