“Very nice hotel - ultra modern” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Wall Street

You added Andaz Wall Street to your Saves list
Andaz Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Wall Street, Entrance on Water Street, New York City, NY 10005 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #33 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very nice hotel - ultra modern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the first time this past weekend. We didn't pay for the room because it was picked up by the sponsor of the NYC half marathon so I can't speak to price, but this place was great. Great location, ultra modern styling from the lobby through the room, and a very friendly staff.

The room was very cool. All the furniture was modular and moveable. The bath area in the room was also very nice - open concept where you have a large shower area with a rain shower head that opens up to a very large soaking tub. Not great for families since there is no door for the bath area and there is a glass window that looks directly into the bedroom area - no privacy.

The area is also very nice - many things within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper level floor that faces the water
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Let me first say I booked this hotel through a third party website and was nervous about staying. Then I saw that this hotel had a #16 (now #14) ranking in all of New York City, which if I may say is pretty damn awesome to begin with. So wow, where do I begin?
First, they fully met my request to have a room on the highest floor allowable, which was pretty cool.
Second, I told them I was there to run a NYRR race in Brooklyn and they immediately engaged me in conversations about health and fitness (which I love, btw). Even turns out they have one guy at the check in table who had lost over 100lbs already. I do not remember his name, but I wish to applaud him again for that success and hope he continues his journey towards a healthy lifestyle (notice I did not say diet, ugh I hate that word). I told him about my journey of losing of 210lbs myself and it was quite an intriguing conversation. What customer would not appreciate that. But this story get topped by another staff member at the checkin counter....details coming up. Speaking of check in:
Third: I was quite amazing with their contemporary style of guest check in. At any normal hotel or motel, the employees are usually behind a desk...not here! These guys check you in from a meeting table using iPads....how sick it that?! I've never seen anything so cutting edge. But when it comes to REAL cutting edge:
Fourth:
Let's talk about the room. Let me first state that I am an Architect by trade....therefore, I definitely KNOW good design when I see it. When it comes to design....good simply does it no justice. Their rooms are IMPECCABLE! First of all, for a New York Hotel, their room quite spacious. Something you'll RARELY find in New York City. Next, their choice of materiality and layout quite posh. They've done a great job mixing black and white color palates with wood finishes. The carpet seemed a little stained, but it was no biggie. However, the grand prize of design went to the bathroom. Its jet black stone veneer was so sleek and sexy its just heart melting. You combine that with state-of-the-art lighting system in every room, its so captivating it makes you NEVER want to leave your room! Now comes the best part of the stay:
Finally, the Gold Prize to what makes the Andaz the best hotel in Lower Manhattan is their guest service employee named Erin. Not only was so sweet and professional, she had the most amazing story I've ever heard from a hotel employee. I almost died literally!! It too loong and funny to explain but lets just say it was GOOD! So Erin, if you are reading this: next time you run a Half Marathon, make sure you eat BEFORE the race, hahahhahaa!

Bottom line, if you're looking for a hotel in the Financial District/Wall Street Area head over to 75 Wall Street and stay at the Andaz Hyatt Wall Street. You'll get 5-star quality WITHOUT paying a 5-star price ;-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We planned to stay here, but upon seeing our room we felt it was too dirty to stay. The bathroom was dark, but upon close examination it was not cleaned well. Also, we requested a hypoallergenic room, but there was still a stuffiness and odor to the room. We asked to switch to another room, but the second was worst than the first. It doesn't seem that cleanliness is a priority at this hotel. Even the hallways could benefit from a good cleaning and some paint. We left to find another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kary T, Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear GoldenMonarch,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to learn that you feel cleanliness is not a priority for us and I am even more concerned that you departed the hotel as a result of this. Our housekeeping team takes pride in their jobs and it's disapointing to know we failed to meet your expectations. Please know, we discuss guest feedback with our teams frequently and will utilize your comments to improve our services moving forward.

Kary Takach
Executive Assistant Manager
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I just returned from a 2nd weekend stay at the Andaz Wall Street--my first stay was last year. I continue to love this hotel. You get a great hotel for cheaper than the comparable hotels in the midtown area due to the Wall Street location---however what you need to know is that you are within easy walking distance of both the red Metro lines and the green ones--the key being that one will take you straight up the west side of Manhattan and the other straight up the east side. This means you can easily get to many key locations in some ways quicker than you can from a midtown hotel location where the island is wider. I have stayed at several Andaz--and I really like this boutique concept from Hyatt. Nonalcoholic minibar items are free, and you are checked in by IPAD with roving receptionists. The only drawback this year? They have done away with the complimentary coffee/tea barista service they used to have in the lobby--which was a very hospitable feature.

The rooms are large--do spring for at minimum the large king; the lighting is poor in the bathroom area for putting on makeup or shaving; however large windows let in lots of light and a moveable makeup mirror means there are other options. The bathrooms are spacious and the staff is accommodating. You get free wifi. All for about $100/night cheaper than you will spend in midtown. Keep in mind there are fewer restaurants right around the hotel especially on weekends when many close--if this matters to you then this is not the hotel for you. On the other hand, I usually have already lined up my restaurants in the Village etc. so I don't need an option right around the corner.

Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Andaz during a stop-over on our way back South. We booked the most standard room, but it was still incredible. The bathroom was one of the coolest I have seen and the stone shower was just amazing. We wanted to stay on Wall Street because it was over a weekend and the mid-town hotels seem to have a little more traffic. It is in walking distance to South Street Seaport, which was nice for getting burgers in the evening. The staff was very friendly and the room had a few complementary snacks--just love those little touches--they really do make a charming stay all the more memorable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JMillerAndazWS, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear 808 TaylorS,

Thank you for your kind remarks and we look forward to seeing you again on Wall Street.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I had never stayed in the Wall St area and was expecting something a little stuffy- filled with business people. From the moment I walked in I was treated so well. I have never experienced such a quick & easy check-my room was spacious with some interesting amenities such as the shade which opened or closed at the touch of a button. The bathroom was great especially the shower. At the end of the day I looked forward to crawling into my comfortable bed, & turning off the lights at the touch of yet another button. I will go back

• Stayed March 2013
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Native New Yorkers, we treated ourselves to a week-end in Manhattan, and selected the Andaz based on all the positive TA reviews. Exceeded all our expectations, we loved the Lobby design,the deconstructed bar and the beautiful lighting that illuminates the interior each evening. Both rooms and bathrooms, are quite large, with various levels of lighting you can easily adjust. The king size bed was very comfortable, high quality sheets and towels in each room, along with luxurious bathrobes. Breakfast at their restaurant, Wall & Water offers extensive options. Many people think Wall Street is quiet on the week-end, but there are many and places to see,. You are walking distance to the World Trade Center, Stone Street which has many restaurants, Staten Island Ferry, South Street Seaport & Fraunces Tavern. We dined at Les Halles a wonderful French Bistro, also walking distance from the hotel. We look forward to returning to the Andaz.

Kary T, Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Loves2Travel13,

We are so pleased that you chose to stay at Andaz Wall Street and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is so nice to hear that we exeeded your expectations during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind regards,
Kary Takach
Assistant Executive Manager

Been to Andaz Wall Street? Share your experiences!