“Nice hotel, good location,” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Save Saved
You added Andaz Wall Street to your Saves list
Andaz Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Wall Street, Entrance on Water Street, New York City, NY 10005 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #24 of 452 hotels in New York City
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel, good location,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed 4 nights and enjoyed our stay. Clean room, sparse but adequately appointed furniture. Large television, but slow and unresponsive remote control. Snacks were free except for alcoholic drinks. Nice shower and bath separated from toilet area, although there are no latches on bathroom doors or walls in shower and bath area, so you should know your hotel roommate very very well. Temperatures were a bit warm and not controllable on thermostat, but this was resolved by opening the windows, although this could be noisy with NYC traffic outside in the financial district. The location is fairly convenient, close enough to subway stop, but needing connections to midtown or upper east side area. Internet is free for hotel guests, which is excellent. The one complaint I'd make is that the commons and hotel room walls are a bit thin, as we can hear the stereo playing next door quite loudly, and the door slamming is very audible making the walls shake when doors closed or when a hotel guest next door is running in the room. The bed was very hard and there were inadequate pills to plop up on the bed, but we were able to sleep pretty well. Overall, it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: We had a large King room that suited us quite well.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

1,611 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I had my Andaz moment every morning while I was there - in the huge, comfortable shower with the subtle lighting, using the divine smelling C.O. Bigelow bath products, listening to my sound from the iPod docking station...
Shame they don't do the complimentary wine happy-hour anymore, would have been another plus.
If I make it back to NCY, I'll definitely be back at the Andaz Wall Street!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I go to NYC every Xmas for a week, and over the last 5 years I have stayed at the London twice, Trump soho once, W union square once, and last year the Crosby st hotel. This year I decided to try and demonstrate some fiscal restraint so I looked for a hotel around USD $300 per night instead of something around $500/$600 per night which will nearly always apply at the hotels mentioned above. I was extremely impressed. I did book and 'andaz suite' which was only a little more than their standard rooms and it was sensational. The room was larger than the suites at the London, and just as nice if not nicer, and much larger than the other hotels mentioned above. New, clean and quiet. Ok so the lobby ain't all that sexy, but who cares? The wireless is free, as is everything in the mini bar aside from alcohol which across a week, saved me a small fortune in water, sodas and snacks. The staff were the real highlight. Genuinely helpful, proactive and friendly. The subway is 100 yards away so you are never far from anywhere, and i loved the fact that when you walk out of the hotel there was not 4000 people on the sidewalk immediately outside -as is the case if you stay further uptown. If you need a hotel that is all ritz and gold trim then this is not for you, yet it is a genuine 4 star hotel, and quite simply brilliant value for money. You cannot do better in NYC when seeking a combination of value and quality.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here for a cousins wedding back in February, absolutely loved the hotel and would for sure stay at another Andaz if I get the chance. Staff very helpful, they go around with iPads making it very easy to help you on the fly. Excellent bar area, for our welcome event that Friday night and a super lounge area to get a snack, coffee, or juice in the morning. Room very comfortable although I admit it took a bit to get used to operating all the fixtures. Very comfortable room, had a single with a king bed. Easy walking distance to nearby sites, we walked to Chinatown that Saturday morning. I had to delay my booking for the event, but they worked with me and gave me a very good rate for the weekend in line with the other family members. Large bathroom - stocked with CO Bigelow toiletries.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I too was super impressed with the Andaz, especially the rooms and all of the amenities. My family and I decided to reserve a block of rooms for my wedding. Usually you block a bunch of rooms so that your wedding guests can get a special rate, correct? Well, shame on us for not doing our homework because we realized that they gave us a whopping $5 off of the regular room rates. They subsequently cancelled the complementary wine, coffee and tea service and neglected to tell us that. When we tried to ask for a rate reduction as compensation for the change in services, Lisa (who was almost impossible to get a hold of even when we set up fixed times for calls), stated that those services weren't explicitly in our contract, so not only would they not give us a reduced rate but they would actually charge us a significant penalty for cancelling. Other hotels in the area, including the Millennium Hilton are $50-$100 cheaper per night, by the way. All Lisa had to do was to give us a reduced rate (which they should have done in the first place when we booked 20 rooms for 2 nights each). But instead she gave us a hard time, and refused to acknowledge that anything had changed. We thought maybe the Hurricane had something to do with the change in services but she insisted that that was not the case and that everything was fine. All in all, a terrible experience, which was unfortunate since I really wanted to stay there. My recommendation would be to make sure every thing that you want is explicitly stated in your contract. Don't let Lisa tell you that you don't need to have any of the complementary services written into the contract. EVERYTHING they promise to you should be in that contract.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JMillerAndazWS, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Nina,

I am sorry to hear your feedback above. We truly pride ourselves on great customer experiences and in this case we have missed an opportunity to make this situation right. There are many factors that go into blocks of rooms and I would truly appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally regarding this booking. We have had to postpone a few services at the hotel until reconstruction can happen post Sandy, however, arrangements have been made offset what is currently not offered.

I look forward to your call to discuss this further in person.

With sincere regards,

Jeffrey Miller
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed at the Andaz early December on a business trip to New York. The hotel is very conveniently located, right next to Wall Street. The staff are friendly and helpful. The lobby appears to be a bit cramped, and the hotel bar can get very loud, but overall the check-in process was quick and efficient.

The rooms are well appointed and spacious. There is a black out blind provided, and good free WiFi throughout. There is also a breakfast area with a decent breakfast menu, and the service is friendly, if slightly on the slow side.

The bathrooms are spacious though the wash basin design meant you kept getting splashed with water if you opened the tap even slightly too suddenly. There is an express (overnight, delivered 8 am) laundry service which is very useful when confronted with a late check-in, crumpled shirts, and early meetings. (However the room service assistant who answered the phone when I called to ask about it seemed to think it could only be delivered the next afternoon.)

My only major gripe was this: On the final day of my stay I was checking out around 8pm (I had booked the room for an extra day because of the very late checkout). However my room was not serviced in the morning, and the towels weren't replaced. When I asked the cleaning staff for towels, they said they don't service rooms if the guest is checking out the same day. But given we had paid for the room for the whole of that day, they should have, without me having to ask them.

Overall however the hotel is convenient, efficient and the staff are ever ready to help. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is really nice clean and modern. The rooms have a nice layout although for some the beds are a little low down (in keeping with the style if the hotel) which my be a let down for some. The bathrooms are big with one of the best showers that I have ever seen in a hotel. Large enough for two people and with an oversized rain head made this hotel even better. The checkin/out process was quick an efficient and all the staff were friendly and willing to help. Where this hotel is let down is its location. Being near Wall Street and only steps away from the New York STock Exchange is great for business travel. However, for leisure it's location isn't the best. Yet when all things considered this Andaz was much less expensive to stay at than the one in midtown which more than made up for its less than perfect location.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Andaz Wall Street? Share your experiences!