“Great hotel - part of the Hyatt family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Save Saved
You added Andaz Wall Street to your Saves list
Andaz Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Wall Street, Entrance on Water Street, New York City, NY 10005 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #25 of 452 hotels in New York City
Columbus, Ohio
“Great hotel - part of the Hyatt family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here for a cousins wedding back in February, absolutely loved the hotel and would for sure stay at another Andaz if I get the chance. Staff very helpful, they go around with iPads making it very easy to help you on the fly. Excellent bar area, for our welcome event that Friday night and a super lounge area to get a snack, coffee, or juice in the morning. Room very comfortable although I admit it took a bit to get used to operating all the fixtures. Very comfortable room, had a single with a king bed. Easy walking distance to nearby sites, we walked to Chinatown that Saturday morning. I had to delay my booking for the event, but they worked with me and gave me a very good rate for the weekend in line with the other family members. Large bathroom - stocked with CO Bigelow toiletries.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

1,612 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I too was super impressed with the Andaz, especially the rooms and all of the amenities. My family and I decided to reserve a block of rooms for my wedding. Usually you block a bunch of rooms so that your wedding guests can get a special rate, correct? Well, shame on us for not doing our homework because we realized that they gave us a whopping $5 off of the regular room rates. They subsequently cancelled the complementary wine, coffee and tea service and neglected to tell us that. When we tried to ask for a rate reduction as compensation for the change in services, Lisa (who was almost impossible to get a hold of even when we set up fixed times for calls), stated that those services weren't explicitly in our contract, so not only would they not give us a reduced rate but they would actually charge us a significant penalty for cancelling. Other hotels in the area, including the Millennium Hilton are $50-$100 cheaper per night, by the way. All Lisa had to do was to give us a reduced rate (which they should have done in the first place when we booked 20 rooms for 2 nights each). But instead she gave us a hard time, and refused to acknowledge that anything had changed. We thought maybe the Hurricane had something to do with the change in services but she insisted that that was not the case and that everything was fine. All in all, a terrible experience, which was unfortunate since I really wanted to stay there. My recommendation would be to make sure every thing that you want is explicitly stated in your contract. Don't let Lisa tell you that you don't need to have any of the complementary services written into the contract. EVERYTHING they promise to you should be in that contract.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JMillerAndazWS, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Nina,

I am sorry to hear your feedback above. We truly pride ourselves on great customer experiences and in this case we have missed an opportunity to make this situation right. There are many factors that go into blocks of rooms and I would truly appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally regarding this booking. We have had to postpone a few services at the hotel until reconstruction can happen post Sandy, however, arrangements have been made offset what is currently not offered.

I look forward to your call to discuss this further in person.

With sincere regards,

Jeffrey Miller
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed at the Andaz early December on a business trip to New York. The hotel is very conveniently located, right next to Wall Street. The staff are friendly and helpful. The lobby appears to be a bit cramped, and the hotel bar can get very loud, but overall the check-in process was quick and efficient.

The rooms are well appointed and spacious. There is a black out blind provided, and good free WiFi throughout. There is also a breakfast area with a decent breakfast menu, and the service is friendly, if slightly on the slow side.

The bathrooms are spacious though the wash basin design meant you kept getting splashed with water if you opened the tap even slightly too suddenly. There is an express (overnight, delivered 8 am) laundry service which is very useful when confronted with a late check-in, crumpled shirts, and early meetings. (However the room service assistant who answered the phone when I called to ask about it seemed to think it could only be delivered the next afternoon.)

My only major gripe was this: On the final day of my stay I was checking out around 8pm (I had booked the room for an extra day because of the very late checkout). However my room was not serviced in the morning, and the towels weren't replaced. When I asked the cleaning staff for towels, they said they don't service rooms if the guest is checking out the same day. But given we had paid for the room for the whole of that day, they should have, without me having to ask them.

Overall however the hotel is convenient, efficient and the staff are ever ready to help. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is really nice clean and modern. The rooms have a nice layout although for some the beds are a little low down (in keeping with the style if the hotel) which my be a let down for some. The bathrooms are big with one of the best showers that I have ever seen in a hotel. Large enough for two people and with an oversized rain head made this hotel even better. The checkin/out process was quick an efficient and all the staff were friendly and willing to help. Where this hotel is let down is its location. Being near Wall Street and only steps away from the New York STock Exchange is great for business travel. However, for leisure it's location isn't the best. Yet when all things considered this Andaz was much less expensive to stay at than the one in midtown which more than made up for its less than perfect location.

• Stayed December 2012
Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Very friendly, genuine hotel staff. Good sized rooms with modern design that instantly makes you feel at home. Breakfast does not offer a big choice but quality is very good and you won't leave hungry. Location in Down Town is to ideal for tourists although underground station is near by. Taxi to Mid Town is between 15 - 20 bucks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramat Gan, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

When I booked this hotel I didn't know the Andaz brand. The moment I walked in I was surprised - The lobby is amazing and warm, the check-in was super-fast and the room was simply amazing.

I've been staying at hotels a lot for the past few years as I travel for business a lot, and I have to say that this is probably the nicest room I stayed at.

The design is impeccable, the huge TV and bathtub are really fun, and the complementary mini-bar is really good!

If you don't mind the fact that it's just a short subway ride from midtown, it's highly recommended! I'll definitely be looking out for Andaz when I plan my next trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is located in the heart of Wallstreet. Beautiful hotel. Huge rooms. Great bathrooms. Wonderful service. Easy check in and check out. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I travel alot to NYC for business and always try to find a good hotel for a good price. This hotel by far has beat out every hotel I have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Andaz Wall Street? Share your experiences!