“Amazing property!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Wall Street

You added Andaz Wall Street to your Saves list
Andaz Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Wall Street, Entrance on Water Street, New York City, NY 10005 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #39 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This property is so unlike any other property I have ever stayed at. Upon check in, we were greeted by two extremely nice gentlemen who made the check-in so quick after a long drive down from Boston. The hotel is so modern and it takes a second to realize you are actually at a hotel property and not arriving at a friends lovely house. Once we took the elevator to our room we arrived at an unbelievably gorgeous room. I have never in my life stayed at such a clean and chic room. Everything from the light fixtures to the bathroom to the floors were exquisite. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, modern stay that takes you away from your standard view of a hotel property, stay here!

Room Tip: Plenty of room and very very clean!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Turkish first
Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and had excellent service and enjoyed the extras the hotel provided. However, this visit was disappointing. Although the lobby does not appear damaged, they no longer offer free wine from 6 to 8 pm in the lobby although you can purchase it in the restaurant for $14 a glass. There is no longer coffee or tea or snacks in the lobby area. When I inquired, the hotel staff said that I could get one upstairs in the restaurant. I did but then found out that there was a $3.50 charge to take out a coffee/tea. I might as well go to Starbucks. I did not get my wakeup call one morning and the one service call I made wasn't fulfilled. I am a platinum Hyatt member, so I used to be offered turn down service each night but not once was it offered on this trip. I did receive a room upgrade as a platinum member but a coworker received a room downgrade. The gym is unavailable but you can use the gym next door. It is fine but you need to bring picture ID with you and sign in. I complained to the hotel manager about the service issues when I left. She promised my some additional points to make up for this but they never were added to my account. I think that I will go to another hotel on my next visit.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not on Water Street. Especially now, there are generators that run all night...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Opelika, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is lovely. The room was clean and well appointed. All the food and non-alcoholic beverages were complimentary. My only complaint about the room is the poor lighting in the bathroom. There is not an iron in the room but I called the front desk and an iron and board was delivered quickly. The location is alright. The subway is close and it is a 10-15 minute ride to midtown. There is a Starbucks about a 1/2 block from the hotel. The folks working the front desk area were always pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is by far the best hyatt in the city.
And if you are visiting downtown NYC, this should be your #1 place to stay

The hotel was affected by the hurricane disaster but the staff, especially restaurant/room service staff, are very welcoming. Food is above average and everything is clean. My favorite was branch. The open kitchen concept is unique and the casual cooking staff there are entertaining. The lobby looks nice and the big rooms are the best hotel rooms in the whole city!

Only one problem, one elevator doesn't work and gets stuck! Please fix

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I have been meaning to write this review for a long time. As you can see I actually stayed in August of 2011. I stayed the night before and night of my wedding.

The hotel was fairly new and the rooms were much cheaper then. I believe we got a king with a deep soaking tub for $250. Doubt you could get that now!

Anyway the rooms were absolutely beautiful. Very modern and the beds were amazing. Also the space was perfect for my pre primping and all of my bridesmaids loved spending time getting ready there as well. There is also a great white staircase that we were able to have our first look on and it was a perfect backdrop for photos.

My only complaint I have is that the day of our wedding we left to go take pictures and it started raining! We came back ruined begging for them to allow us to take photos in the lobby but since we didnt have that area pre approved they gave us a hard time. Said we had 10 minutes including light setting up and we had better hurry. I thought that was rude. It was my wedding day and my outdoor pictures had just been ruined. The pictures turned out so cool. But it stressed me out!

Anyway the location isn't the best but everything else makes up for it. I would recommend it to anyone who can afford their skyrocketed prices!

• Stayed August 2012
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was definitely up to the service standards of a 5 star hotel. The host greeted us and checked us in right away. When we got to the room we were greeted by a nice entry way a beautiful bathroom with a great shower and then an excellent clean, bright and modern room. This hotel was excellent

• Stayed December 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I lived in NYC for years. Since moving away years ago I still visit frequently and typically enjoy staying uptown somewhere in the west 70s. But on a lark I chose to stay in the Wall St area at the highly rated Andaz.

The Andaz does a great job of making you feel like you're staying in a highly exclusive hotel even though the price isn't outrageous (approx 400/night). The offerings are all top notch and the in hotel dining is good. The gym is outstanding and the wine offered in the lobby is actually pretty darn good. But really, who comes to NYC to eat and in a hotel anyway.

There there are some great little restaurants and bars within a two block radius of the hotel that provide a unique feel. The name escapes me at the moment, but there is an OUTSTANDING whiskey bar in an alley directly behind the hotel - ask concierge about it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaz Wall Street? Share your experiences!