“great but not perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Save Saved
You added Andaz Wall Street to your Saves list
Andaz Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Wall Street, Entrance on Water Street, New York City, NY 10005 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #25 of 452 hotels in New York City
Lanzarote, Spain
“great but not perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

as expected this was a lovely hotel but compared to some of the reviews we were a tiny bit dissapointed. the room was adequete but not huge..we got no welcome drink and no help to the room.it was a long way from midtown and i defy anyone not to get lost on the metro..most of all the cost in the hotel was astronomical..11 dollars for soup,5 dollars for tea,etc.better to use the street carts great value.because of sandy even a month later generators were on all night still pumping water and construction everywhere.no free drinks snacks in the lobby while we were there.had to keep the blackouts down nearly all the time as facing other windows.these are all small issues but i think well worth pointing out against all the other 5 star reviews.would we go again..definately!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,612 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Turkish first
Ashland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We couldn't get our first night in New York at the Hyatt grand central so were placed here. Nice large room, but couldn't figure out the doors for the bathroom complex. The t.v. Is basically a computer not user friendly for the over 60's. I ran my hand into the one glass wall of the closet thinking it was the opening. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Not a place you can spend any time in the lobby, which is less. I a m sure the hip crowd loves the hotel. I need things to be straight forward not sideways. But fun just the same, just not my preference.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The staff was fantastic. Uniformly pleasant, friendly, and helpful. No hip snottiness or NY curtness at all. My room (a corner suite) was spacious, quiet, and very well equipped. I didn't much care for the "modern" style, but that's a personal taste issue. The TVs are huge and state of the art. The soaking tub is super nice and the bathroom amenities high-end. They put clear labels on what would otherwise be an extremely complex lighting system - this is a great idea that other hotels should follow. Well done also Hyatt on not charging for internet or nonalcoholic minibar items. I hate how the major chains typically nickel and dime you on this stuff, and have mostly stopped staying in them as a result.

I have only two criticisms, neither of which brings my overall satisfaction level down: (1) the room was hot and lowering the thermostat did not bring it down; (2) the elevators are seriously ugly inside and not at all befitting a $500/night hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suite was huge, with a really nice living area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

It was very difficult to find a reasonably priced hotel right before Xmas. Even the Holiday Inn was over 400 a night, how crazy is that. I looked high an low and found the Andaz. The price was very reasonable and the online pics looked good. My experience is that hotels in downtown around Wall Street are a little bit cheaper on a Saturday might because there is not much night life. But it's only about 10 mins or so from SOHO so the distance doesn't bother me.
The hotel was amazing. The lobby was very modern and right in they middle of the floor. Check I'n was fast. I arrived before the customary check in time but the had a room ready, which was nice.the room itself was spotless and quite spacious for New York. I loved the brown hardwood floors, much cleaner than carpet. And there were nice cozy slippers to keep your bare feet warm. All white crisp bedding and pillows, a fridge with free sodas and water (both sparky and flat) as well as free snacks. The shower was amazing. Large and with a rain shower and held hand. I like the hair & soap products. WIFI was free, which is very important to me.

I had one issue and that was that the room was very hot but the person at the reception desk went upstairs with me to show how to switch off the thermostat and he opened the window. Great personal service.

I ate in the restaurant and the food was very tasty. Wait staff was very nice and courteous and I even got a free glass of champagne on the house.
Breakfast is one of the better ones and is free. However, it's not your usual continental breakfast. Everything is a la carte and you can spend up to $50. I had a Belgian waffle, poached eggs, Canadian bacon and hollandaise sauce on an English muffin (drawing a blank on the name), a latte, and 2 mimosas and stayed within the 50. How's that for a breakfast.
I will definitely come back next time and can recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Nice, comfy, clean, modern, probably expensive place in the heart of wall street. Location x 3. High tech reception area. Very helpful people, great service. Few suggestions: faster wi-fi, offer a glimpse of NY from the penthouse to all guests (do not miss the view). Good breakfast if you pay the price. Skimy breakfast if you do not want to pay.
Offer a subway map and ideally sell subway tickets. Best way to move and feel nyc is by subway, great fun trying to reach central park and the museums, rockefeller center and toy stores. Around the hotel: au bon pain has good wifi and food, bobby`s van is an excellent restaurant. About manhattan area, most people were surprisingly friendly and helpful. Fun place to be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
everywhere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We came to New York for the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony and all of the other hotels we looked at were charging outrageous rates (up to $900 a night for a basic room in Gramercy Park). We ended up booking a couple of nights at Hotel Andaz for a fraction of the price. From the minute we walked through the doors, we were greeted with smiles and genuine friendliness. The check in desk is a bit different from the norm. It's not as formal as the traditional check-in desk with the employee on one side and the guests on the other side. Instead of the normal desk, you are both standing on the same side. At first I was confused, but the more I think about it, I like it. There was a sense of transparency and openness to the process.
The staff were friendly and helpful. At one point, we called and requested more bath salts for the bath and they were at our door in 5 minutes with 3 containers of bath salts.
The room was spacious and the snacks and non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary! The only thing that wasn't free was the alcohol.
The bathroom was huge with a separate tub and shower. The tub was large and the shower area was very spacious. It certainly had a spa-like feel.
I liked the hotel's location in the Financial District. We were within walking distance of the 9/11 Memorial (it took us 12 minutes to get there. Side note- if you decide to go to the 9/11 Memorial, get your free passes online and in advance), SoHo (15-20 minutes depending on where you want to go), and Chinatown.
Hotel Andaz also has bikes (helmets are provided) which guests can use. There is no charge, you simply have to fill out a waiver.
The restaurant looks great, but we didn't have time to check it out.
Next time I'm in NYC, I'll certainly stay at Hotel Andaz. Excellent service, friendly staff, great rates, spacious rooms, and a great location = repeat business. Well done, Hotel Andaz! I'll be back!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our vacation started with great warm heart felt greetings from the Front Desk associates, from the moment that we arrived everything has been terrific and most pleasant. We absolutely ADORED-Miss Perry- her warm smiles, conversation and her wicked hot chocolates that greeted us each evening as we celebrated our anniversary and birthday celebration. We loved our room upgrade to the Andaz Large King with the separate bath and shower...and not to mention the padded window sitting area. The only thing we were little bit baffled by during our stay was the breakfast service received from the restaurant associates each morning were very cold and impersonal...This was a sharp contrast from the the rest of the hotel team. Overall, we LOVE our ANDAZ experience and its a shame, only at selected locations in the US, that you can find ANDAZ properties.

Room Tip: Choose the room upgrade, you will be pleasantly surprised!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaz Wall Street? Share your experiences!