“Super clean and super friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Save Saved
You added Andaz Wall Street to your Saves list
Andaz Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Wall Street, Entrance on Water Street, New York City, NY 10005 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #24 of 449 hotels in New York City
Dallas, Texas
“Super clean and super friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last month and loved it! Super clean (I'm an RN, so I am a stickler for clean rooms), the staff was really friendly, and great location! Highly recommend this hotel. We will defiantly be back here on our next trip to the city!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

1,611 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Turkish first
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We found the Andaz a great hotel for our stay while settling our daughter into her dorm in NYC. The check in process was easy and they had a room for us ready when we arrived. The free coffee in the lobby is nice. My only negative statements are regarding the understaffed cleaning team. I left at 6:45 in the morning, returned to my room about 4 hoping that it would be clean. I also would not ask them for recommendations for restaurants. We were guided to Ulysses which was by far the worst meal we ate in NY.

Brooklyn, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This hotel focuses so much on supplying the extras that they completely dropped the ball on the basics. I am a business traveler and I booked one night at the Andaz Wall Street location. My pros and cons list is below if you want to skip my review. I've heard all good things about the Andaz 5th avenue location so I expected a positive experience at the Andaz Wall Street location. I called the hotel the night before to let them know that I would need to check in early the next morning at 8am. The front desk told me that they would do their best to get a room ready for me by that time. When I arrived the next morning I was checked in quickly and given a room. (sidenote: I thought it was funny that they asked whether i needed two keys or one, usually the hotel employees are discreet and hand you two keys). I went up to the room. It was big and bright for a hotel room in NYC. I always give the room a once over to get an idea of what i have and what i need. When i walked in the room I immediately noticed that the floor creaked when i walked in (fake wood floor) and my shoes would stick to the floor everytime i took a step. The rug under the bed had random stains on it. The remote for the tv was missing the back cover (that was sloppy; housekeeping should have picked up on this especially because they took the time to program a personal greeting to me on the tv screen). I found out that housekeeping comes in at 9am. The bathroom is all black tile. But that didn't keep me from noticing the shower stains and soap scum left by the last hotel patron and dirty foot stains all over the floor. The only bathtowels were on a towel rack in the shower. Considering the stains I found in the shower, i didn't want to use the towels that were placed in the shower. The sink and toilet were clean. I was also disapointed by the lighting in the bathroom, it's very dark. I turned all the lights on and it still didn't help. I had to do my hair in the hall under the light in front of the doorway. The hotel stocks their bathrooms with kiehls shampoo, body wash, conditioner , lotion and vegetable soap. No mouthwash is in the bathroom. The closets have no doors, so they were more like built in shelves. Well, the built in shelves had two robes, two slippers and a few hangers. Not sure if the slippers were already used because they weren't in plastic. The next built in shelf had a door at the bottom, which houses the snack bar. Free snacks and non alcoholic drinks are cool but one of the water bottles in my snack bar was open and half full (another strike against housekeeping). Among the "shelves", the safe was no where to be found. I finally found the safe in the cabinets under the tv. In my opinion, i would prefer the safe in the closet, a closet with a door. This brings me to hotel security. Considering that this is a newer hotel, I expected the elevators to require the use of a room key to access certain floors. None of the elevators have this feature. Additionally, there are no doormen at this hotel. When I checked in, the hotel employees (2 at any given time) who checked me into the hotel were expected to help me carry my bags to the elevator. Luckily, all I had was an overnight bag, so i did not need assistance. But it was painful to watch them carry luggage of other guest to the elevator and also ridiculous. (btw, there is no actual front desk, just a kiosk with two laptops and two ipads.). Back to the actual room, there is no iron in the room. I called guest services about this and they told me that none of the rooms have irons. It had to be requested. There is no ironing board in the room either. The hotel room phone has two buttons that link you to hotel staff, the eat-in button and the host button. The buttons led to the same two people. Room Service was quick and the servers were polite. I ordered twice and both times the servers insisted on coming into the room to set down the food. I would prefer to take the tray from them at the door. Room service is charged to the room but I had to sign a receipt each time the server brought my order to the room. Gratuities are not included in the check, which is a pain. The tv channels are the basic networks, tbs, cnn, hbo, cartoon network, e!, mtv, vh1, a&e, espn; no showtime, no hgtv, no food network, no nick. the room service menu is on the tv but when i tried to call and order from it, i was informed that it was not updated. The menu does not have any actual appetizers, just salad and soup ($11). There are a lot of tourists at this hotel and not many business travelers. If you're looking for sophistication and convienance, you won't find it here. Try the Sheraton Tribeca.

PROS
Fast check-in
Free breakfast and coffee on the first floor
Free in-room snacks and non-alcoholic drinks
Free wi-fi
Large Room, bathroom and shower.
Quality toiletries
Hotel staff responsive and friendly
Transit nearby
Duane Reade across the street (24hr drug store)
Near World Trade Center, Battery Park City and South Street Seaport. That's it.

CONS
NO EXPRESS CHECK OUT
NO NIGHT TIME TURN DOWN SERVICE
HOUSEKEEPING IS NOT AROUND 24 HRS and IT SHOWS!
ELEVATORS DO NOT HAVE SECURITY FEATURE TO KEEP STRANGERS OFF FLOOR
NO DOORMAN TO HELP WITH LUGGAGE/HAIL CAB/ETC
NO IRON OR IRONING BOARD (MUST BE REQUESTED)
DIRTY BATHROOM (SHOWER STAINS AND SOAP SCUM FROM LAST PATRON)
BAD BATHROOM LIGHTING
NO CLOSETS - BUILT IN SHELVES
POOR HOUSEKEEPING (half full beverage in snack bar, sticky floor, dirty rug)
INCONVENIENT LOCATION - not near major sightseeing attractions
WOOD FLOORS THAT SQUEAK AND ALL WINDOWS FACE OTHER RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS IN THE AREA, SO YOUR BLINDS WILL ALWAYS BE DOWN.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel like the Sheraton Tribeca
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I've stayed in Manhattan a number of times and it's generally been in Midtown however my boyfriend was staying at the Andaz on business so I didn't have a choice of location.

I have ignored the Andaz when booking previous tourist trips to NY due to the downtown location but in doing so I passed up some really great rates at a fantastic property. Everyone knows that the hotel rooms in NY are small. I have been in some postage stamp sized rooms in midtown so it was nice to stay somewhere that I could open my suit case, have a few shopping bags and still move around easily without feeling at all cramped.

The complimentary mini bar (soft drinks and snacks) provided in the room are a nice touch and save you having to run to the grocery store to buy refreshments along with tea/coffe in lobby in the mornings and the wine reception in the evenings are all ways to help relax, enjoy your trip and maybe save a bit of cash in an expensive city.

The area is quiet on weekends but there are still plenty of places to eat. South St Seaport is around a five minute walk and has shops and plenty of places to eat. We also at breakfast at a diner on Pearl St which was very convenient.

There are subway stations a few minutes from the hotel with easy access into Midtown in around 15 minutes. Cabs are easy to come by and you can be in Midtown for around $20.

There are better reviews out there that go into the rooms etc in more detail but I would never have chosen a downtown hotel before and now I wouldn't hesitate if the rate was good.
If you're confident using the subway or have been to NY before it's definitely one to consider.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed in the Andaz and I still loved it. Checking in was so easy. Even though we arrived too early we were given our room immediately with no fuss. We had an even bigger room this time with a large bath and revolving wardrobe - loved the big full length mirror-so important and often overlooked, even in good hotels.TV was large and a good selection of films etc.Bed very comfy. Room service quick and extra polite.
The idea of free soft drinks and snacks is excellent - also free coffee,juice etc in the lobby.Free wifi a big bonus.
Tiny complaint about the lighting. There is a lack of a shaving light or a makeup light so although there are various lighting options,this one is missing and makes the bathroom too dark to see what you're doing.
Also wish breakfast was free (or cheaper !). However love the "Wall and Water" restaurant - the food is superb! And the cocktails to die for....
If you need to be in the financial district I would always choose the Andaz,although there are many things to do in this area and it's easy to get around using the Andaz as a base for anywhere. Staff are only too willing to help you.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
OKC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Andaz is a comfortably contemporary hotel, but not self-consciously so like some of the Starck hotels. My room was large by any hotel's standards and huge by NY standards. A few odd touches-- like the revolving wardrobe.. not sure why. Check-in was via iPad was easy as was check out. My only complaint about the room was the lighting by the sink. While this very soft light is flattering, it's tough to put on make-up or I suspect shave. On the positive side, there were a few smart touches. Why haven't other hotels offered "free" water and juice (and snacks) in the in-room bar? Okay, so I know I'm paying for it in my room rate. Still a nice touch. Ditto for serving "free" wine and juice in the lobby. Makes it feel more like a boutique hotel. Nice. And a small but important touch-- the scrambled eggs were perfectly cooked, not the rubbery eggs usually served in hotels. I'd go back. If you haven't gone, try it. Good location, great rooms.... very good place.

Room Tip: The King suite was worth it-- huge room, tub and shower.
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Not sure how I feel about this hotel. While it is hip, cool, stylish and chic, it is also in the Financial District, which means it is a $15 plus cab ride, to the Village and even more to MidTown. Subways lines are close and the subways in NYC run frequently. If one is concerned only with being in the Financial District or near the 9/11 Memorial, this is a great hotel. The staff welcomes you with an IPad and checks you in at a station, not a desk. WIFI is free and easy to use. Coffee and breakfast goodies are available in the lobby in the mornings. Rooms are quiet and spacious. The neighborhood is still in transition from a completely financial one to a residential area, so there are more restaurants and shops opening, but it is still sort of bleak after 8PM. If one wants to be in the middle of the tourist area, or near the nightlife, this is not the hotel for you. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was beautifully designed with very stylish furniture and movable (yes I said moveable) closets and storage. I just do not like the new ‘open bathroom’ design of some of the hipper spa-wannabe hotels. Entering the room you are immediately in the bathroom, which is all open to the room itself. The toilet has a semi-frosted glass door, which hints at privacy, but does not really deliver, and the bathtub and shower area have windows in to the bedroom. Not my favorite arrangement. Sink is visible from the room. I would just really rather have a separate bathroom, and not have it be the focal point of the suite. Did I like this hotel? Absolutely! Not sure I would stay there again, simply because of the location and the bathroom situation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaz Wall Street? Share your experiences!