“A Real Gem in Wall Street Area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Save Saved
You added Andaz Wall Street to your Saves list
Andaz Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Wall Street, Entrance on Water Street, New York City, NY 10005 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #24 of 449 hotels in New York City
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A Real Gem in Wall Street Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

ANDAZ is the name of to watch, its pleasant to know that this came from the people behind HYATT Group.
This boutique hotel is changing the way hotels do things... from the staff greeting you genuinely, checking you in or out using only their iPads, and no reception counter but just a simple counter in the lobby.

Fresh orange and machine coffee available all day in the lobby.

Rooms are modern, well appointed and free internet throughout the hotel.

Walking distance to Wall Street and all shopping and restaurant locations nearby...

Room Tip: Choose ANDAZ over other name brand chains... you will not regret it.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

1,614 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

My room was a very private retreat from the hustle and bustle of Wall Street. Conveniently located, within walking distance of restaurants, attractions, and transportation.

Bathroom was amazing, best I have ever had in a hotel room. Bed was very comfortable. My only negative tic mark was that they only offered Pepsi products.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Pearl Street are quieter.
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I am a frequent traveler to NYC, but based on TRIPADVISOR reviews, chose this hotel for a weekend stay. I will say that I LOVED THIS HOTEL!!! Ordinarily we don't choose to stay by Wall Street; we base our stay near Broadway or Rockefeller.

ANDAZ WALL STREET: THE PRO's
=============================
1. WALL STREET LOCATION provides us great proximity to Staten Island Ferry (FREE) for a fun hour-long tour of the water, with great views of Manhattan & Statue of Liberty; and QUIET on a weekend; perfect for a walking tour to Battery Park nearby, past the bull, Wall Street, etc.
2. A TOUCH OF EUROPE IN NYC. Welcomed with fresh fruit & hot tea on a cold winter night was so refreshing, it really felt like a touch of Europe. The next morning we were greeted with homemade & delicious cappucino, THANK YOU HOTEL ANDAZ!
3. THE GUEST ROOM WAS SPACIOUS & MODERN! Fabulous shower, huge bathroom, huge room, super-modern appointments (ipod Dock, great flat screen TV, etc)

ANDAZ WALL STREET:THE CON's
1. INCONSISTENT EXPERIENCES WITH FRONT DESK STAFF. Overall everyone seemed great, but there was a real dud (out of 5 people, 1 was a dud) who would not help me make a purchase of a cookbook they were selling. He said "the only way you can buy it is to stand on line, behind 11 or 12 people waiting for custom coffee orders." really? I am a hotel guest, and you can't just add the book to my room, as an incremental charge? Honestly, what a disappointment that he couldn't handle selling me a $25 book. Enough I'm writing about it.

2. WALL & WATER BREAKFAST IN HOTEL NEXT DAY. On Sunday I deliberately made a reservation for breakfast, waiter was AMAZING. AMAZING. We did the whole hot meal -- including menu "made to order" hot item & then the buffet. Baked goods were mediocre, not as delicious as we anticipated...Quite surprising -- looked great but tasted average. My husband's breakfast was just OK, he said. And he likes everything. My breakfast was the benedict & it came out with hard-boiled eggs. Overall a let down because the eggs were over-cooked, which meant I had to send it back & could not eat with my husband. Secondly, the preparation was actually not right - they changed the bread, they changed the meat, and instead of Eggs Benedict it tasted like eggs with bread & bacon on the side. If I wanted that I would have ordered that. But i didn't order that. I ordered eggs benedict. They changed so much it no longer resembled an Eggs Benedict. It was a real bummer, and I thought the restaurant was gonna nail it. Also, minor, but when the waiter asked how i liked the meal, and he asked me to be honest, I told him, but he didn't really do anything to make it right...I think a gesture of $ off the bill would have gone a long way -- I do not recommend the restaurant....SO MANY AWESOME RESTAURANTS in NYC - dont eat at Wall & Water.

Overall I loved the hotel but not the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

One of the best hotels I've been to right from the check in to the cool automated darkening shades. Everything about this hotel was great, one of the best places to stay at and close to financial district and nice to be away from the tourists that huddle in large numbers at Times Square. Web app lets you check in and emails when room is ready. The friendly staff greets you at the door with their iPads and ready to assist you. They have great rooms with a touch of an upscale design. Great touch with the free snacks and non alcoholic beverages and they're a pet-friendly hotel! :-)

The bed was extremely comfortable. Design of the room was minimalist yet stylish. The bathroom could have had a little better lighting, but you can't have everything. The shower was a unique experience, plenty of hot water. I rarely ever like the bathrooms in hotels, but the design here was excellent - there's an open shower when you walk in, then a bathtub actually large enough for two inside.

The Spa is perfect! It is small, quiet, super clean, relaxing and located inside the cool Andaz hotel.

I absolutely loved my experience here. Next time I’m back in NYC and I’m defenitely staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Just recently returned to London after a great stay at the Andaz, on a trip with my mother.

We managed to get a very decent rate using a lowcost website, requesting for a twin room instead of a king size which was on offer. When we arrived at the hotel, we asked about this request and the gentleman at the desk told us that all twin rooms have gone, but they can put us in a large suite at no extra cost and have an extra rolled up bed in the room! The suite was large, clean and considering the price we paid, this was an absolute bargain.

Wifi, drinks in the fridge (except alcohol) and snacks in the room were complimentary, as well as wine and other refreshments in the Lobby.

Not sure why the other guest reviews say their rooms were hot, ours had a full set of controls for the air-conditioning by the bedside.

Staying around Wall St is further away from the Midtown action, but more peaceful in the evening. Subway stations and different lines are abundant from this location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

So, i am a huge fan of the andaz brand, I love the andaz Liverpool street, 5th avenue and wall street but......there is something about the wall street hotel that causes me sleep problems. I think the bed linen is over bleached, or the mattresses are to hard/soft, room too hot whatever - but all I know is that I can't get comfortable and struggle to drift off. The lobby is wonderful, the staff are great and the location is second to none (if you are visiting wall street), food is excellent too. Pity I can't sleep there though!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
FOM-AndazWS, Front Office Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear DiscerningDC,

Thank you kindly for your review about the hotel - I am grateful for your feedback! I would be delighted to have the opportunity to make your room more comfortable for you. We do have a menu of different pillows as well as memory foam mattress pads available at your request.

If you would like, please reach out to me directly so that I may personally ensure you are well taken care of on all future visits. I am at your disposal.

Best Regards,
David
columbia, sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I knew at check-in this was going to be a great experience. Check-in consists of "hosts" with i-pads ready to help you with anything and everything you could think of. Alexandra was so welcoming and went well above our expectations.
The room [a king suite on 17th floor] was very spacious and had a mini-bar with complimentary drinks/snacks. (just not the booze, that was for purchasing.) The bed is comfortable and the modern set up was awesome. (See pictures.) The windows open at a tit, so to get some fresh air (in an otherwise warmer room) we just opened those up a few times and it was perfect.
Josephine, with housekeeping, was FANTASTIC! My husband had left me a note, on his way out to work training, asking me to pick up a razor/shaving kit. Josephine saw this before I had a chance to act on it and when I returned to the room that afternoon she had left the kit for him where the note had been. I was so grateful and the small touches like that really make this hotel stand out even more for us.
James at the lobby bar was on par with the rest of the staff - just wonderful. There is a complimentary wine happy hour from 6-8 for guests of the hotel and James made sure you had everything you needed.
I was a first timer to NYC and all of the hosts (I didn't catch their names, but there were 2 blonde ladies in particular) that were VERY helpful in helping me get my barings and were quick to help direct me with whatever it was I wanted to do during the day. If you needed help hailing a cab, they were quick to assist you. If you wanted information on a show or tour... they were happy to help recommend and complete a reservation. Leo's Bagels was one recommendation I went for seconds on. It's just around the corner from the hotel and was SO good!
I did not eat in the hotel restaurant because I wanted to see as much of the city as possible so I am not sure how the food is there. I can say that the prices looked high, but you typically get that in hotels as nice as this one.
I would absolutely stay here again and plan to in late June 2012. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Andaz Wall Street? Share your experiences!