“Decent meal - don't expect much” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Frankie and Johnnie's Steakhouse

Frankie and Johnnie's Steakhouse
269 West 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)
212 997 9494
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Amelia Island, Florida
“Decent meal - don't expect much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

A tired property with pleasant enough waiters. The food was ordinary and rather tasteless. Hot food, yes and not the worst by any means. Just OK at best. Needs updating, especially for their prices.

Visited December 2012

“Porterhouse delight!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had been at another Frankie and Johnnie years back and didn't know about this one...so we decided to give it a try.
Very very good!!!!
We started off with a couple of salads and right after that a porterhouse x2 with a side of creamy spinach and fries.
Everything (including service) was impeccable.
Highly recommended!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Danbury, CT
“Frankie and Johnnie's on 37th”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I celebrated my completing a post grad degree by grabbing reservations very late @ this restaurant during the week of Christmas 2012. I was very surprised at how great my meal really was. I was a great fan of Ben Benson's and very rarely ate steak anywhere else in Manhattan simply because I was treated so well and Ben's always had great steaks. Since they closed, I have gone to a variety of other steak restaurants and Frankie and Johnnie's was such a a nice treat. I had the lobster bisque as a starter with a Caesar Salad to follow (with the anchovies) before my filet and lobster tail. All were perfectly done and arrived exactly as they should as soon as I finished each course (great service). The bottle of cab sav was excellent and a great recommendation from the wine steward. Speaking of alcohol, my martini (top shelf vodka, slightly dirty and up, with three blue cheese stuffed olives) was so good (thanks to the bartender who had the chef stuff my olives!) that I ordered another! New York style cheesecake seemed appropriate, paired with a very nice cognac (an XO) finished the night. One of the owners was in the house and stopped by to congratulate me on my new degree and picked up the part of the bar bill (how often does this actually happen in Manhattan anyway?). I would highly recommend this restaurant

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northborough, MA
“Great ore- theatre dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Our party of four had a great meal. We all had steak, two petite fillets, one New York sirloin, and a ribeye. Portions were generous but not overwhelming. We shared three sides: garlic mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, and fried onion straws. All were fantastic, my least favorite being the potatoes. We also had lump crabmeat and shrimp cocktail appetizers, which were also very good. We were too full for dessert!
The prices seemed a bit steep, and I never like that steakhouses make everything ala carte, but I guess it is consistent with other steakhouses.

All in all, it was a great meal, and I would definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Really not what we expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The food was good, not doubt about it!
The service... meh! obviously they're not so keen on receiving mid20's customers wearing tshirts.
We got stared at during the whole meal by the staff and the other guests and barely acknowledged when leaving.

• Visited December 2012