I booked the Staybridge Suites - NYC/Times Square largely based on other Trip Advisor Reviews. I flew in on a Friday and my sister and a friend joined me Saturday morning.
Location: It is located on 40th Street, not too far from 8th. It was an easy walk from Penn Station. There is also a subway station nearby. Times Square is a few blocks away, but very easy to get to.
Check in: I arrived at the hotel around 5pm. It was busy, but the reception staff immediate greeted me, thanking me for being a Priority Club member. Because of my PC status, they gave me a "welcome bag" with chocolates and pretzels, which I thought was really nice. They acknowledged my sister and friend (by name) who would arrive the next morning.
Room: My first room was on the 28th floor and I had a view of the Empire State Building and had a king sized bed. Being NYC, the room was a little small; it included a kitchenette (well appointed). The bed was very comfortable and I slept great! I had to go down to the desk to sort out the issue of 1 bed and 3 adults. They said they would rectify it in the morning, which was fine. The next day, they said they'd move my bags to my new room once it was cleaned - we just had to leave our packed bags in the room. When we returned that night, reception provided new keys and we had a room with 2 beds for the 3 of us.
The rooms are very modern. A/C and heat controls, good towels, etc. My sister, my friend, and I all slept well and were pleased with our stay.
Breakfast: Breakfast included a nice variety of hot food, cereals, baked goods, and dairy products. There was also coffee and juice. As other reviews have stated, it can get very busy.
Services: They have the Bridgemart (small store), gym, concierge (helpfulness varied), and do receptions during the week. The staff was really great - very friendly and helpful.
Elevators: The 3 elevators get very busy, especially at peak times.
I would absolutely stay here again! We were very happy with our stay.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you're traveling to New York City, you want to be confident that your accommodations will meet your every need. Staybridge Suites • Times Square •New York City has been meticulously created to do just that. No hassles. No mysteries. Just a single focus on you! Stay a Night, Stay a Week, Stay a Year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Olotels, EasyToBook, Otel, Agoda, Priceline, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.