“Good Quick-Stop Tour Hotel in NYC . . .” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City

You added Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   340 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #53 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Moscow
“Good Quick-Stop Tour Hotel in NYC . . .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel is a good choice for 2-3 day stay in NYC, if you are making a tour. For business, it doesn't have the proper lobby for meetings and casual conversations, which can be important.
As a tour hotel, it's location is central to all major sites. The hotel itself is kept clean, and the rooms are a decent size (and quite), with decent bathrooms.
The guest relations are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a bit disappointing, but it gets the job done, if you need a quick bite before heading-out the door.

Room Tip: higher is better! and stay away from the rooms, which are opposite the lifts (elevators).
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (852)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the staybridge in April with family. The hotel is clean and stylish and the staff are absolutely wonderful. Two girls at the front desk, Megan and Catherine, even suggested a great spot for dinner and helped with directions around the city. I will be staying here each and every time I visit NYC.

• Stayed April 2014
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We traveled to NYC to see a show and we loved the hotel, our room was very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable. Also, the women at the front desk, Megan, was very helpful and made us feel welcome. She recommend several restaurants that were awesome.

• Stayed April 2014
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed at the Staybridge while in NY for a college visit. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I have stayed in quite a few different hotels in NY over the years and this one has a great location and is very clean and modern compared to some others. We had a great view of the Empire State Building which was a bonus! Thank you Megan for recommending a great restaurant and helping with directions!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

My friend and I stayed here April29-May 3rd. We were very satisfied with our experience. I was expecting problems re the elevators...we never had to wait more than a minute or two ...we were on the 24th floor. Even though we were close to the elevators and next to the stairs our room was VERY quiet. The beds were quite comfortable. The hotel is clean and nicely appointedWe LOVE the shampoo and conditioner...unfortunately you can't buy it retail ( we checked). Hot breakfast was more than adequate...crowded, yes...but we always found a seat. Free wi-fi certainly saved us $$ as most nyc hotels charge for it. The staff was very helpful and friendly. All in all we felt Staybridges Suites was a very good value. Close to Times Square and a comfortable walk to theaters

Room Tip: There is No pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and our staff. We recently did a full update to our elevators and I’m glad to see it made a difference for your stay! We hope to welcome you back to the Staybridge on your next visit to NYC! We will be sure to stock extra of our shampoo and conditioner in the room during your time with us!

Thanks Again!
Staybridge Suites Team
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Staybridge. My daughter and I stayed here in April 2014. I requested a lower floor since I heard there was long waits for the elevator. We were on the third floor and it was great to use the stairs.

Our room was right next to the stair door, so the downside was that people were opening/closing it early. This always woke me up! I noticed there was also another stair door on the other side of the hall so there’s really no way to escape this since there are few rooms on each floor. If the loud slam of the door doesn’t wake you, I’m sure the people getting off/on the elevators will! I would just recommend staying on a higher floor if you have sleep issues!

I was expecting rooms to be smaller in NYC but I really think the rooms here are spacious. The kitchen area is great if you need to make small quick meals. We only used the frig and microwave and they were really great to have in our room. They had lots of dishes/glasses/pans to use but we only used glasses. The beds were really comfy and the a/c and heat was really great. I will say, since I’m a light sleeper……the a/c unit cuts off when it’s reached the designated temp. Most hotels there is a feature that you can hit to keep the “fan” part still running. I really need this to drown out noise since I’m a light sleeper. Thank goodness I packed a travel “noise maker”!! That would really be my only complaint about the room. The bathroom is small and I knew this ahead of time but I think it had plenty of room to bathe and get ready in. There is no bath, which we don’t care, but if you need one this might be an issue. There was also great and plenty of toiletries provided! We did carry on only for our trip so this was a plus for us!

The complimentary breakfast was great and allot of food. Breads, eggs, yogurt, meats, cereal and juice/coffee. A great breakfast to fill you up before you head out touring! While we were there they were doing some renovations in the eating area but they accommodated the crowd in a couple of places and there was always plenty of food and seating. We had the same staffer helping us each morning and she was wonderful! So sweet and helpful, doing everything with a smile….thanks so much Kernita…..you’re an asset to the hotel!

The location is absolutely fabulous and when we come back we would definitely stay here again! There is access to the subway pretty much right across the street and so convenient! This made touring and catching the subway everywhere very convenient! Also, times square is so close and an easy walk. We felt very safe in NYC and very safe walking to/from the hotel. There is a great flea market just a block away…..around 9th/39th, I think it was called Hell’s Kitchen Flea Market. We found a young t-shirt designer and bought from him and also a great jewelry maker. There’s all kinds of things there…don’t miss it!

We were first timers to NYC so if you are going to be and have any questions about Staybridge…..just private message me and I’d be happy to help! My worries when I was planning was location of hotel being close to times square, being close to subway and safety of the location. Staybridge was perfect for all them!!

Room Tip: Lower floors to use the stairs and higher floors for the light sleepers!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

It was an OK hotel, with some very nice features and some not so nice.

The good:
friendly staff, great location, good size rooms, the social evenings

The not so good: expensive for what it offers, only three lifts for such a large number of rooms and not having a separate lift for the service staff.
Crowded breakfast room and mediocre breakfast.
Most rooms having a connecting door with the next door room making them very noisy and uncomfortable if you had loud and inconsiderate neighbors as I did!
Small shower recess, resulting in getting hit with a blast of cold water as soon as you turned the shower on with no escape!
The safe box was high up and not very well placed for vertically challenged people.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with no Connecting door if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Flora M,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City? Share your experiences!