“Clean, neat, convenient and reasonably priced” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #42 of 446 hotels in New York City
Lincoln, NE
“Clean, neat, convenient and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Staying in NYC during the summer generally offers high room rates, comparatively this hotel was quite reasonable. The staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. The room was well appointed, not huge, but not cramped either. My only complaint would be bathroom vanity space, or lack thereof. I was travelling on business and the hotel met my needs. I always check TripAdvisor and read the reviews, which are accurate. I will stay there again when available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hi Russell,

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!
Here at Staybridge Suites we do our best to exceed our guest’s expectations and it is great to know you found our staff to be friendly and helpful because that’s what we’re here for!
Thank you so much for your great review and we hope to welcome you back on your next trip to NYC!

Best Wishes!

2,884 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here for a week in June. The Hotel itself is quite good, it has everything the international tourist needs. The room was a decent size and the bathroom was good. The kitchenette was a bonus although we didn't actually cook anything. The laundry in the basement was great because it was really hot and we needed to be able to wash our clothes. It is handy to Times Square and we were able to walk to most places however the street is probably not the best address in New York, there is a night club nearby and a peep show just up the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for commenting on our hotel! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!
As you mentioned the hotel’s location is quite convenient because it provides for easy access to all of the city sights and entertainment.
I’m glad to see you were able to take advantage of our free laundry facilities. This is just one way we try to say "Thank You!" to our wonderful guests!
I do hope you were able to explore all New York City has to offer and we hope we can welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites Times Square very soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I thoroughly researched hotels before booking this one in NYC. I booked this for the below reasons:
-free breakfast
-close toTimes Square
-refrigerator/mini-kitchen in room
-reviews were good

I will say the reviews are accurate. I'm picky when it comes to hotels, but my taste exceeds my budget, but I was fine staying here.

Location: a block or two from Times Square. If you don't mind stepping out into the main hub of people in the city and love TS, this is excellent. I was a little afraid at night to walk to the hotel room, but I felt this way on most streets in NYC at night. It's across from the Port Authority and next to a parole office, but those characters were never a bother. Any street in NYC can be dangerous. There is a Duane Reade (pharmacy/convenience type store) on the corner.

Rooms: Small, but not that small. There were two of us and we were comfortable and since we didn't spend any time in the room, but to sleep, it suited us fine. They keep real feather down pillows in the room if you prefer those. Everything was clean and that is my biggest thing I cannot due without. Beds were comfortable. Never used the mini-kitchen except the refrigerator. We get thirsty in the middle of the night and having a cool drink was great. If you request your room to be serviced, they will turn the air off. It doesn't get that hot, but I'd like to return to a cool room after a hot day.

Breakfast: Meh. Eggs every day. I'm not big on turkey sausage and turkey this and that, but I just didn't eat it. That's probably the only downside to breakfast. The reviews talk about seating, but I never had an issue (even with softball teams staying in the hotel at the same time). They have bagels, coffee, juice, excellent melon, cereal and a few other things. I walked out full every morning.

Elevators: I read the reviews and was prepared. I told the front desk and asked for a lower level room. They gave it to me. I didn't have problems with the elevators, but I skipped them and used the stairs I waited more than a min. I used the stairs less than half the time I was there. I didn't care about getting a room with a view. There are so many views in NYC, it didn't matter.

Staff: never really needed their help. There is NO room service. After a long day, I did want to use room service, but had to go back out for food. When we left the front desk guy was kind of rude after we declined the hotel car ($50 to Laguardia) and told us it could be long to hail a cab. The Port Authority (across the street) has a taxi stand so paying $35 seemed more reasonable, but we gave in and took the hotel car to the airport. Everyone else was friendly (hotel guy did perk up when we said we would take the hotel car).

I would recommend this hotel. I probably won't stay again because I do prefer to be closer to somewhere else besides Times Square. Times Square just has too many people. It's not a knock on the hotel.

Room Tip: Excellent if you are looking for a good value next to Times Square.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we truly appreciate it!

We are thrilled to hear you found the room to be clean and comfortable. Our housekeeping staff is dedicated to making sure our guest’s rooms are spotless and clean, so we are extremely happy you noticed!

I deeply apologize for the service you received while booking your hotel car to the airport. Please be assured that we treat this matter very seriously as we always strive to deliver the best experience to our guests.

We would love the opportunity to make it up to you and hope you will contact us in the future so we may welcome you warmly back to the Staybridge Suites Times Square!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here end of April 2013. We really enjoyed the proximity to Times Square as we like to go for a walk nightly to have dinner and check out the attractions! Great breakfast provided although it was always crazy busy there was lots of extra seating provided. We were on the 29th floor and waiting for an elevator seemed to take forever..close to 10-15 minutes each time which just me normal with a hotel of this size but it was the one frustrating part of our stay! Otherwise very nice and clean hotel with a great comfy bed.

Room Tip: Most rooms are close to elevators..request farthest from elevator as they run constantly and can be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

The elevators and breakfast can certainly get busy during our peak hours so we do try to recommend coming down a little early to avoid the rush.
The location of the hotel is definitely one reason our guests keep coming back and I am glad to see you were able to see some of the sights and enjoy a nightly walk!

We hope we can welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites Times Square again very soon!

Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

II stayed at the staybridge suites Times Square in may 2013 for 10 days. From the moment I arrived I felt at home. The staff are exceptional in their service and just lovely people. Nothing was a problem. The breakfast that was included was great. I never had a problem getting a table. The waiting time for the lifts wasn,t an issue. You expect to wait a bit sometimes, as I did at all the hotels I stayed in. The laundry was a bonus and detergent was supplied. The position of the hotel is terrific, close to everything. I was sad to leave but left with many happy memories and can't wait to return. The only thing I regret is having to wait to go back! I've recommended the staybridge to others looking to travel to New York as definite value for money. Thanks for the wonderful stay and making it my home away from home.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor, front of building and never had any noise problems, very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
The team here at the Staybridge truly appreciates your lovely review. Nothing could make us happier than to hear you felt at home as this is our mission for all of our guests!
I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the daily breakfast and laundry facilities!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My stay at the Staybridge Suites - Times Square was the best. My room, 1806, was well appointed, very clean, and was far enough above the streets that I wasn't bothered by the noise, yet high enough to have a view of a great NY skyline, especially the changing neons and lights of Times Square. The people at the desk were welcoming and helpful and I was able to check in when I arrived around 1PM. There are three elevators, all were working, and I never had to wait longer than a minute at any given time. The concierge, Cari, was amazing and helpful and I felt comfortable inquiring about how to get to places and she has free maps ready to show you the way. She recommended a few nice places for after my Broadway show, "Wicked", and I chose Azalea Ristorante and had a wonderful after-theatre Cosmopolitan. Breakfast each day was delicious and is served in an atrium-type area. There were hot scrambled eggs with spices and pimento, potatoes, fruits, cereals, bacon, sausage, egg whites, Wolfgang Puck coffee, bagels, toaster with various breads, and much more. While it can get crowded, it is worth it. A breakfast like this would cost you $20 bucks out on the street. The breakfast crew kept everything hot and filled. Be sure to grab a cup of coffee on your way out into the city. Two of the evenings I was there, the hotel hosted a social which was from 5PM-7PM and there were soft drinks, beers, wines, pizza, salad bar, and other items, all complimentary. A great place to start your evening before heading to a Broadway or off-Broadway show. I've read so many reviews about people saying their NYC hotel rooms are tiny, but this place did not appear to be tiny to me. Of course, I was traveling solo, but I had plenty of room to enjoy myself. More than 2 ppl and it would be a tight fit. The queen size bed was extremely comfy, the kitchenette was nice because I could chill sodas and my leftover dinner from my first night and reheat it in the microwave on the second night. The kitchen has silverware, serving utensils, coffee maker and coffees, dishes, glasses, wine glasses and opener, pots and pans (if you feel you must cook something), and icemaker. There are plenty of hangers, and iron and board in the closet. Plug-ins for IPods, game stations, computers, etc on the desk and the night stand. The large tv had many channels including three free HBO stations. Location, location, location! On West 40th Street, between 7th and 8th, the hotel backs up to the Port Authority Bldg, which means you can easily take a shuttle, bus, or train into Times Square and just walk out the back of bldg and be at the hotel. A pilot friend of mine gave me passes for the NYAirporter Shuttle Service and I guess I would recommend them, not having tried the others, but most of the others had poor reviews. You can fly in and out of Newark, JFK, or LGA and these folks will pick you up and drop you off. It took 2 hours to get from LGA to my hotel, and 1 hour to get from the Port Authority Bldg to LGA for my flight home. I used my savings on a cab ride to and from the Broadway show. You can't throw a rock in NYC without hitting somewhere to eat and there's plenty of options within a stone's throw of the hotel. So many things are within walking distance, as well. Bring you good walking shoes… no one is on fashion police duty. Be comfortable as you enjoy the sites. Save the dressy stuff for a nice dinner and/or show out (wear sandals or flip flops if you're walking, then put on your dressy heels when you get to the restaurant. I would recommend this place to everyone and on my return, I will definitely stay here at the Staybridge Suites - Times Square. I've posted some pics for you.

Room Tip: Try to get a room higher up so the street noise won't effect your sleep.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
I’m glad to see you enjoyed our American style breakfast and I will certainly pass on your kind words to our kitchen crew. Our concierge Cari is such a valuable and knowledgeable member of our team and she was thrilled to hear that you were happy with the services!
I do hope we can welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites Times Square again very soon. We can’t wait to have you back!

New Delhi, Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I recently visited this hotel with my family in June. I checked in the hotel using my travel card and stayed there for 4 days .They swiped the card only once and then automatically kept on deducting hotel charges from it without even informing us .Even 2 days after we had checked out they deducted money from my travel card. When we checked our bank accounts we found that an amount of more than $1100 had been overcharged. I cannot understand how they can charge from my travel card without informing me and that too even after checking out from the hotel. We had a difficult time managing our trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear RinkuArkin,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Staybridge Suites Times Square New York, NY. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City? Share your experiences!