You added Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   340 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #54 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Spent 5 days in New York travelled by myself. Hotel was clean great location and I always felt safe. The breakfast was great but can be a little busy. The lifts were slow but i just tool the stairs since i was on second floor. Overall a fantastic stay will defiantly stay here again

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (853)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Luanda, Angola
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Hotel is clean, the staff was help-full and kind. The location is just a few steps from Times Square. There are many good restaurants step close as well. The breakfast s great but it can be a bit crowded. I Recommend!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My stay at StayBridge was a good one. The room was clean and spacious for New York. However, the location was great-a few steps from Time Square. I love the breakfast, the location, especially the kitchenette. However, I was disappointed because I was told by staff that the sleeping area was separate from the sofa area. These areas are not separate rooms, it's all 1 big room. The breakfast was an added benefit for this hotel and on weekends, it was open till 11:00am. My stay at StayBridge was a great one and I would stay here again when I travel to New York.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Hotel clean and comfortable, spacious rooms.
Breakfast area a bit cramped and at peak times, long wait for lift.
Idris very helpful in upgrading the room to a triple, especially as I'd booked a twin on points. Gave a very reasonable rate! Shame not 3 single beds, but a king and a queen.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Brilliant hotel
We had mentioned it was our honeymoon and in our room was a lovely note with a bottle of wine and sweets
The cost of the hotel we found expensive when booking but I believe it is a good price for this hotel in New York with breakfast included

• Stayed September 2012
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the day after Super Storm Sandy. Had no power at my apartment and booked three nights here.The room was clean, had a little kitchen area. The hotel was pet friendly, had to take my two little dogs. My kids were fine and comfortable during our stay. Average hotel, nice staff. Wasn't happy with the block right behind the port authority terimal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mike W, Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hello Ann Marie,

Thank you very much for taking your time out to write a review for the Staybridge Suites Times Square. We are very sorry that you had to stay with us under such unfortunate circumstances, but Hurricane Sandy was a trying time for many New Yorkers. Our hotel staff did our very best to make our displaced guests as comfortable as possible and make this their home away from home.

We are happy that you enjoyed our accommodations, and we can honestly say that our location is usually viewed as a major positive by our guests because of our hotel being so centrally located in Midtown Manhattan.

We really hope that you stay with us again under better circumstances. We are a hotel that prides itself on providing its guests with amazing Staybridge experiences.

Warm Regards
Staybridge Team
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We went to check in and found my Platinum status was not shown at the hotel level. Well I had been upgraded about 2 weeks prior and online the status was there correctly but the hotel did not have it that way. The front desk gave me a number to call customer service and sent me on my way. The right way to do would be to tell the customer I am so sorry I will call our customer service number and make this right. When I talked to the Manager about it he made a real effort to make it up to us but I am a true believer in you don't get a second chance to make a good first impression. When on vacation the last thing I want to do is to sit on hold because the company has problems with their system. Other than getting off to a bad start, the room was fully equipped with a kitchen and they had a nice breakfast included with the rate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear bls112002,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the difficulties you experienced at check-in. Despite this, we are delighted you liked your room accommodations and pleased you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We will always endeavor to ensure that all our guests stays are comfortable.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City? Share your experiences!