“Nice Family Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City

You added Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   340 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #52 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
london
“Nice Family Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites Times Sq. from the 25th of April to the 2nd of May 2013. The hotel itself is neatly kept and very family friendly. The hotel staff are very friendly and the housekeeping excellent. The approach to the hotel from the 8th Avenue is a bit dodgy, but pretty safe. We booked a King suite on the 20th floor. The room itself was of a decent size. Not as large as other hotel rooms we have stayed in the US, but large enough for two. The well equipped kitchenette is handy when you want to take a break from restaurant food and make something heathy.
The elevators are a real pain. There are 3 elevators and we constantly had to wait for up to 15 minutes for one to arrive. In the end we took to the stairs, which was quicker even though we were on the 20th floor.
The concierge was not very useful and did not bother getting back to us with any information even though we tipped him 5 dollars. We wanted to get tickets to the Newsies and ended up getting the tickets ourselves from the box office.
On the whole we had a very nice stay and would consider using the hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (837)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was my 2nd time staying here. The rooms are huge by NYC standards and come with a full kitchenette. My view was outstanding and the breakfast was first class.

Even at 35,000 Priority Club points per night, it's still a bargain.

Thanks again Staybridge Suites TS!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike W, Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Hello and thank you so much for taking your time to leave a review about the Staybridge Suites Times Square.

It always means a lot to us when a guest enjoys their experience here so much that they return. We are so glad that you enjoyed your upgraded accommodations, and our complimentary breakfast buffet.

We thank you so much for using your hard earned PC points to stay with us, and eagerly anticipate your next stay with us!

Warm Regards
Staybridge Team
Sterling Heights, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed there from 4/25-4/28 I wasn't impressed with size I understand it is NYC but really a time capsule for a shower and the breakfast was terrible really disgusting meat choices and rotten fruit. I requested a room away from the elevator and that's what I received. The gym was in the basement a little scary. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room an the friendliness of the staff, but when I complained nothing was done

Room Tip: Just research the area in the city you want to visit an definitely read all reviews
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mike W, Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello Mr. Bryant,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I do apologize for your stay being less than expected. We are looking into how our staff could’ve missed discarding food items that past its serving condition. Please rest assures that this will not happened again. The Staybridge takes all guest complaints very seriously hence I’ve made additional notation on your record so that we and other IHG properties colleagues will not make the same mistake. The fitness center is located in the sub-level of the hotel which is a very safe and secure area. The safety of both our guest and employees are top priority and we ensure you are never at risk while with us. We sincerely wished that we may see you again where you’ll see all the improvement we’ve made to better service our guest.

All the best Staybridge Staff
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Just arrived from a 3 day stay in New York. After reading previous reviews, we decided to stay at the Staybridge Suites Times Square. We were extremely satisfied with our choice. We had a room with a kitchenette, beds were very comfortable, full breakfast and great location! Hotel staff was friendly and helpful!!This was our second trip to New York. I would stay here again and recommend to friends

Greater NY Region
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I usually stay as close to my work as possible. I search for a reasonable price and often use Holiday Inn Express because it is a good, dependable choice. NYC hotels rooms are usually so small - this was a refreshing change of pace. The room was about twice the size I would expect for that price range and it was very nice too!

Staff was wonderful, from check in, to questions during my stay and help with holding my bag during my check-out day. During check-in I asked about the times for the event at the nearby Javitt's Center, she (I forgot the young ladies name) offered to look it up and call me. I was only in the room a couple moments before she called with the info I needed.

Jamie took great care of my bags when I needed a place to leave them. Bianca and Eddie were pleasant and helpful with questions.

The breakfast buffet was as good as any I have ever seen! This busy hotel is right where you want to be for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: My room looked out on 40th St. Nice view uptown and across the Hudson River.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Curitiba - Parana - Brasil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Staybrigde Suites Times Square is an amazing hotel. I already stayed at some nice hotels at Manhattan, but this hotel is on of the tops in my opinion.
I arrived at this hotel on February 2013, at 7am after a long trip from Brasil. It was very cold outside adn I thought they would just check my bags and would ask me to return around 3pm when its their check in, but for my surprise, they had a room for me and even invited me to take a breakfast at the hall.
The room is modern, they have a full kitchen adn everything was working perfectly.
If u wanna cook or buy foods and prepare at your room, they offer u a microwave and a fridge inside the room.
The hotel is walking distance to Times Square. They are close to everything and the location is nice.
If u need any help, there is always someone there to help you with information.
The breakfast, that is included everyday, is good too. They serve it till 10am. They have good choices of juices, bread and yougurt.
Somedays at the week they offer a little snacks for free at the breakfast area. This area is always crowd but I never had any difficult on getting a place to seat.
I would definately stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try to take a room facing Times Square. You can see it from the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

After 4 years my husband and I visited NYC for the second time in April 2013. Our travel agent in Vienna offered couple of hotels to us and we selected Staybridge Suites Times Square on the basis of the very positives reviews.

Location: excellent approximately a 10 minutes’ walk to Time Square, 2-5 minutes to the nearest subway station, 2 minutes to 9th av. with numerous restaurants, pubs, take away; across the road to the Port Authority bus terminal (this is very handy if you plan a trip to the Jersey Gardens outlet and you are returning with several shopping bags – you just cross the road and you are in your hotel);

Staff – welcoming, nice and friendly always willing to assist;

Check-in/out – was very fast and efficient; we arrived on Friday afternoon and we could chose a room on the third floor or 15th floor; based on reviews we decided to take the one on the third floor facing the Port Authority bus terminal;

Elevators – there are three elevators in the hotel and sometimes it was necessary to wait for couple of minutes; we had the advantage that we could walk to/from the third floor;

Rooms: good size, very clean, comfortable and well equipped with a fridge, large flat screen tv, tea/coffee making facilities, desk and a very comfortable bed and pillows; the view across to the building opposite was nothing special but honestly if you come for holidays to NYC how much time would you spend in your room looking out of the window? The aircon was bitt loud but perfectly working;

WiFi- was complimentary throughout the hotel and during our 8 days stay it was very reliable; Internet is for us an essential tool - we saved money using Skype from our tablet we had brought along to ring our family in Europe;

Buffet breakfast was complimentary; food was OK – tea/coffee/orange juice, fruits, scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon, bagels, bread, cereals, yogurt etc….the restaurant is small but we never experienced problems finding a table for two whether we came at 7 or 9 am as seating is offered in different dining and lounge areas;

Laundry – the hotel offers a self-serve laundry room down in the basement floor with washers and dryers and free detergent; when I came there I was offered assistance from Marta who was very helpful and showed me what to do without any need to read the instructions;

Transport to/from airport – on arrival we took the air train to Jamaica station and then the subway (E blue line) to the 42th street and walked 3 minutes to the hotel. This took us less than an hour; on the day of our departure we used the transport offered by the hotel (USD 69 for cab);

Other- we enjoyed the happy hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with free beer/wine and a selection of snacks from 5 to 7 pm;

We were very pleased with the hotel and we will definitely return here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City? Share your experiences!