“Talk About A Nice Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #38 of 451 hotels in New York City
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Talk About A Nice Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have stayed in hotels all over the city and this really is one of the best kept secrets in NYC. I only stayed here as I had some Priority Club Rewards points and my usual hotels were booked full. I now have a new favorite hotel in NYC! It has a great location (not really Times Square like the name but close enough for you first-time visitors). And really people, the area is safe - I saw some reviewers talking about it not seeming safe. It's like a hop, skip & a jump from tourist central! Super safe! You get a full (European) size fridge, microwave, and plenty of room (especially by NYC standards). Room was clean, quiet, comfortable sleep. Truly the best kept secret in Midtown. Sshhhh! Let's not tell anyone so that it doesn't sell out in the future!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kristen L, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Hello and thank you so much for choosing and reviewing our hotel, we truly appreciate it!

We are thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that we’ve become your new favorite hotel! We are happy you took full advantage of the amenities of the hotel and what our location has to offer. We are only steps away from the center of Times Square and all the major subway stations, granting you access to all the attractions NYC has to offer; as well just far enough away from the hustle and bustle, but just a minutes’ walk to be back in all the action. All our rooms are equipped with the modern conveniences you would expect to receive at home, so we are glad you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable as our housekeeping staff works very hard to keep our rooms spotless for all our guests to enjoy!

With all the complimentary amenities we provide at the Staybridge Suites Times Square it creates that overall value our Priority Club members can take full advantage of by using their points and definitely cannot be beat for NYC standards! Again, thank you for commenting on our hotel and we appreciate your loyalty as one of our Priority Club Members!

3,084 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

First, I'll start with the whereabouts. It's in the heart of midtown, especifically in the limit between the fashion district and hell´s kitchen, and very near times square. I't also right next to Port Authority and a block away from the subway and a parole office. Did I feel unsafe at times? Yes. I didn't feel safe going out alone after dark, especially coming from 10th avenue, where friends were staying. When I was with friends I didn't feel unsafe, so it might have been a little paranoia from my part.

The hotel itself is really nice. and the right price too. It's not cheap and not expensive, but worth its value. I was looking for a hotel with a refrigerator, in order to store cold drinks and beer. And I wanted something CLEAN. I was torn between this and the Hilton garden inn in 48th. I prefered the Hilton location, but when I called the staff here was nicer, so I chose this one. I will divide this review in 3 short parts: staff, room and amenities.

STAFF: superb. They were the best. From a restaurant rec to giving me a late check out, to simply smilling in the morning, they were always super nice and ready to solve the very few problems I had. Housekeeping was also great, if a bit declining on the last days of my (long) stay. I reckon that was because my room was soooo full with bags they're not allowed to move, because the bathroom was always impecable. I never found a single hair!

Room: Excellent, spacious (and comfortable) king size bed, adecuate kitchen, small safe, flat screen tv, wireless internet. The room was small, but this is NYC, you can't expect anything bigger for the price and quality. Thew only thing I missed was more closet space. That would have been nice and is doable with the size of the room too.

Amenities: free gym and washing/drying (detergent included). It doesn't have a restaurant. With so many available dinning options outside and delivery delis, this is not missed, though. They serve complimentary breakfast untill 10 am, which I do not recommend at all. I usually had just a bit of OJ and some cereal and that was it, because the rest was not good. Also, the sitting area for breakfast was waaaaaaaay too small for the amount of people wantng to have breakfast. At any hour, but especially at 7-8 pm. The thing I missed also was a taxi service. When I requested a taxi I was told to hail one outside. I was rainning and I didn't want to wait and I prefered paying more. It was not possible.

If the little flaws I mentioned were corrected (offering taxis, better breakfast, more closet space), this hotel would be perfect despite its location :)

Room Tip: Request a high floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Staybridge Suites Times Square with a friend, from the moment we entered the hotel we felt comfortable the guy on reception was so happy and upbeat, we immediately felt welcome. We arrived Thursday and attended the free evening buffet with drinks (you don't usually get that in NY) which was great as we had just arrived, after that we went to the nearby Duanne Reade for some milk and nibbles. Our room was amazing two double beds, kitchen area with full size fridge/freezer and everything you could possibly need, the bathroom was plenty big enough with a shower in the corner and the water was always hot. We always had clean towels and our cups and coffee maker were always cleaned while we were out. Breakfast was fine and we always found a table to eat it, didn't need to take it to the room although some people chose to do so, we found it an opportunity to chat to other guests. I had noticed before leaving the UK there were comments about the street the hotel was in, as two females on our own we felt very safe and never once felt threatened or uncomfortable, the shop selling sexy lingerie and sex toys made us laugh, not that we went in, just what we saw from the door as we passed and in the window! The parole office was just another place no shady characters around that I saw, but then I wasn't looking to find anything wrong with the area!! We didn't find it noisy at all and were on the 12th floor overlooking the Port Authority bus station. I would definitely stay here again when visiting New York City as it is centrally placed and one of the most welcoming hotels I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in many hotels around the world. AN ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS HOTEL!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Mike W, Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Hello and thank you SO much for your fantastic review. The staff at the Staybridge Suites has one goal in mind, and that is to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible. The fact that you felt that way since the moment you stepped through our doors makes us all proud of a job well done!

We’re so glad that you got a chance to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast buffet. Our hot and cold buffet gives our guests a great opportunity to meet other guests and share travel advice, as well as save a dollar or two before they venture out to the streets of Manhattan.

Our rooms are quite spacious and there is a kitchenette located inside every one. The kitchenette has a full fridge, microwave, stove top, and dishwasher. The rooms however would be nothing without our fantastic housekeeping staff, who keeps them spotless day in and day out.

We are very happy that you took full advantage of our location in midtown Manhattan. Being just two blocks away from Times Square, and many of the other famous New York City attractions outweighs any negative that anyone could try to find about our location. We are so glad that you agree with us regarding this, and implore other TripAdvisor reviewers to take your review into account when choosing a hotel to stay in NYC.

The whole Staybridge Staff thanks you for this review, and appreciates the time that you took to write this for us. We would love for you to stay with us again when you come back to New York. Happy holidays!
Thomasville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you want to be in the heart of Times Square well..here it is..right at your door! I stayed there with my family Sept 11 week 2011. I enjoyed everything about this place. Nice clean rooms. I plan to stay there again on my next trip!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hi there and thanks for your review!

We are glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and our location. The Staybridge Suites is very centrally located in Midtown Manhattan. We are just blocks away from Times Square, the subway, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Broadway, and a vast amount of entertainment and food selections.

We are very happy that you also enjoyed our rooms. Not only are they very spacious, but they are kept in pristine condition by our hard working housekeeping staff. All of our rooms include a full kitchenette, and a notoriously comfortable bed.

Its music to our ears to hear that we have made a great impression with one of our valued guests, and even nicer to hear that you will be staying with us again when you come back to New York! Thank you again, happy holidays!

~Staybridge Staff
Lexington, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We normally stay at one of the boutique hotels in NY in a quieter area but I had a hard time finding a reasonable rate. We chose the Staybridge because we had recently stayed in one while traveling back from a summer vacation. First the staff were very nice and accommodating. We were placed in a high room away from the elevators. We had a limited view of the empire state building towards the back and the river towards the front with another hotel directly across.

The room was average size for NY (small for other areas). It had a nice kitchen equipped with microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher, sink, and the cabinets were stocked with plates, glasses, utensils, etc. The bathroom was on the large size and contained a comfortable sized shower stall. My only complaint with the room would be the size of the closet which was very, very small. And it would have been helpful to have had a luggage rack to place some of the luggage. But the room was kept clean and housekeeping made sure it was stocked with coffee, soaps, and such each day.

There was a breakfast buffet every day which was quite good and although it was a little crowded we always found seating. There was an overflow area in the bar which I'm not sure everyone knew about.

On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday the Staybridge has a manager's reception. There were several types of wines, beers, sodas, and water. Each evening has a different theme and we found it very satisfying before heading out for the theater each night.

The area is a little busier than I like but there were plenty of restaurants within walking distance and a subway stop just down the street. We will definitely be coming back on our next trip to NY.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kristen L, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites Times Square for your New York City trip!

At the Staybridge Suites Times Square guests are encouraged to feel comfortable and at home. One of the best amenities we offer, to help add to that “home like” atmosphere is the fully equipped kitchens. The kitchenettes in the rooms provide for that extra functionality and convenience unlike most hotels would offer; the ability to store additional items (drinks, food, etc), prepare a home cooked meal or even heat up your morning coffee without even leaving your room.

We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy our breakfast and social receptions. These are two of our most raved about amenities we offer on the house! The social receptions are held (Tue -Thurs 5pm-7pm) including beer, wine, salads and a changing menu of finger foods. Our all American breakfast buffet also offers a wide range of hot and cold items to chose which is served daily (M-F 6:30-10 Sat &Sun 7-11). We are thrilled the rooms were comfortable and to your liking, they were made with the mindset of comfort and convenience, to allow our guests to enjoy the best of home and hotel! In regards to not having a luggage rack we would have been more than happy to have brought that up to you, so next time just give us a call because there is someone here 24/7!

With all the complimentary amenities we provide at the Staybridge Suites Times Square it creates that overall value our guests are looking for and which cannot be beat for NYC standards (and definitely can’t get at a boutique hotel)!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the big Apple!

Stanton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Awesome location, beyond comfortable rooms, hospitality amazing, very affordable !!!! Most of the staff was informed and helpful, they went the extra mile to assure ourcomfort and safety. Absolutely the BEST of the BEST !!!!

Room Tip: Ask for upper level with a good view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Ruth, thank you so much for your review, we truly appreciate it!

Here at Staybridge Suites we do our best to exceed our guest’s expectations and it is great to know you found our staff to be friendly and helpful because that’s what we’re here for!

We are glad to hear you found our rooms to be clean and the beds extremely comfortable. Our beds are provided by Serta Hotel Suite (just in case you were wondering) and are amongst a favorite of our guests. As you mentioned the hotel’s location is quite convenient because it provides for easy access to all of New York City’s famous attractions, entertainment and within walking distance to Times Square!

Our goal is to provide top notch customer service, so we are thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay!

cheshunt,herts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Just returned from a 4night/5day stay in NYC.
Arrived at Hotel approx 6pm,check in was speedy,lovely friendly feel to this hotel,music playing in the Reception area and Christmas Tree up ready for the holiday season.

Rooms were great,good size for New York,we had two doubles as myself,husband and teenage daughter was sharing.

The rooms had everything you could need for a short trip,fully stocked kitchen,microwave,safe(no charge),iron and iroing board,hairdryer.Bathroom had shower gel,shampoo,conditioner,soap and body lotion which was replaced regularly,lots of lovely white fresh towels.
Docking station,flatscreen T.V.
Housekeeping kept the rooms spotless,we asked for a extra blanket at reception on our way in one evening and it arrived at our room as we got out of the lift.
The beds were the best beds i've ever slept in,so comfortable.

Didn't have any problems with the lifts but we was only on the fourth floor,maybe it's a different story if you are on the higher floors.

Breakfast was good,just what you need to set you up for the day,cereal,fruit,juices,muffins,bagels,toast,hot selection,scrambled eggs sausauge,bacon,think there is something for everyone. Space is a little tight but the staff keep it moving and keep it clean and tidy,and are constantly refilling.

Staff very friendly and always asking if we was ok and having a good time,told us of a few restaurants to visit on 9th Ave,rather than the usual one's in Time Square,found a great restaurant called Dallas BBQ just opposite Ripley's beleive it or not,very busy but the food was great...... huge portions.

This hotel is in a great location,5min walk from Time Sq,couple of blocks from Macy's,Madison Sq Garden,Empire State Building.
30 Seconds from Bus Terminal,Subway at the top of the road,so all in all excellent location for all your needs.

Visit Top Of The Rock,views are breath taking,you can have a picture with the Empire State Building as your back drop(looks great).

All in all a great trip to NYC made even more special by this great hotel,would defo return here if I am lucky enough to return to NYC.

Many thanks again The Holt Family.....England x

Room Tip: Room 403,lovely room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello Holt Family! We really appreciate your kind words about our hotel. We are pleased to hear your thoroughly enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be kind and helpful; we always strive to offer the best possible customer service and treat our guests like family!

Our rooms were made with the mindset of comfort and convenience! It is nice you were able to take advantage of the kitchenettes in the room; each one of our studios has one. The kitchenette comes with a microwave/toaster oven, full size fridge and dishwasher, which we even load for you! It also includes pots, pans, dishes and cutlery, so it gives you the option to cook a full meal in the room! Thank you for noticing our housekeeping department, they work very hard to keep the room sparkling clean for our guests!

You’re absolutely right about our amazing complimentary American breakfast buffet offering a variety of hot and cold items. The kitchen staff work diligently to keep the tables clear to make way for any new guests coming in to try and eliminate congestion! As you mentioned are location is great, we are only steps away from the center of Times Square and all the major subway stations, granting you access to all the attractions NYC has to offer.

Again, thank you for the amazing comments you’ve left for our prospective travelers, we truly appreciate it! It was our pleasure to have made your holiday special and please do not hesitate to contact us next time you come, so we can make it even more enjoyable than the last!

Staybridge Team

Been to Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City? Share your experiences!