Location is right in the heart of Manhattan two blocks from Times Square. Like others have said the street outside can look a bit seedy but no-one ever bothered us, and you very quickly reach the biz and the Subway.
The room was clean, fresh, well appointed with kitchen, great shower, TV. We even, if you knew to lean right then look left, had a view of the top of the Empire State Building, total bonus! And it was quiet through the night.
Boy, the breakfast room was busy, even saw someone eating standing up, although there was an overspill area which we never actually had to explore. We were lucky enough to enjoy the Sundowner Reception that they have midweek nights; similarly busy but people were friendly and happy to chat.
The concierge desk was very helpful, especially Cari who fixed us up with maps and tours when we didn't quite know where to start. We wouldn't recommend the City Sights blue hop on/off bus however. We missed our city cruise waiting for a blue bus while about 3 red ones came and went. We discovered through overhearing another guest that the concierge could arrange a shared van transfer to Newark Airport, and that saved us about 30 bucks over a taxi.
One or two minor problems; one day our room wasn't cleaned, but housekeeping came as soon as we contacted them. We were billed twice for renting one movie, but that was easily corrected. On the other hand the two bell guys gave an amazing impromptu rendering of Hit the Road Jack while we waited in the lobby for our airport van. So cool, Jersey Boys watch out!
Minor complaints sound really lame knowing how badly New York has suffered since Sandy hit. Anyway, what is needed is to get back working and showing off their great city to a slew of tourists, so good luck to NYC.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you're traveling to New York City, you want to be confident that your accommodations will meet your every need. Staybridge Suites • Times Square •New York City has been meticulously created to do just that. No hassles. No mysteries. Just a single focus on you! A short walk to Times Square, a block from the nearest subways and the Port Authority Bus Terminal, you’re in the heart of Manhattan, with all the city attractions in easy access at your doorstep. It’s All On Us! We’ve included in your stay a COMPLIMENTARY breakfast each morning, complimentary wi-fii/high speed internet in all rooms and throughout the hotel, complimentary cocktail hour/social reception with free drinks/beer/wine/and appetizers 5-7pm Tues-Thur, complimentary in room coffee/coffee maker and tea daily, in addition to complimentary coffee/tea/and hot cocoa in our great room-lobby throughout the day, complimentary newspapers by our front desk; and, complimentary laundry facility, business center and fitness center. Each room comes with its own fully equipped kitchenette, with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, stove top, dishwasher, pots, pans, utensils, and cookbook to make you feel completely at home. On site is a concierge service to help you with tourist/and travel arrangements, bellman/porter service for car and luggage assistance, bar/lounge space open in the evenings, 24-hr pantry and convenience mart for late night snacks and last minute travel needs, and board games by our great room fireplace. Our hotel allows pets. 24-hour security is onsite. Reduced rate parking at nearby hotel garage just one block away. Stay a Night, Stay a Week, Stay a Year. Our hope is you never want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Venere, Agoda, getaroom.com, Expedia, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.