“Concierge/Bell personnel are terrific!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #43 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Concierge/Bell personnel are terrific!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Jaime was amazing. Very attentive and genuine. He took our bags to storage and smiled the entire time he was helping us. Hailed a us cab and did it with pleasure. This is a thankless job but it was evident that he truly cares about his guests and making them comfortable is his main goal. We will certainly be back if only to say hello to him. He made the stay worth while!!

• Stayed September 2012
Kristen L, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Hello Erik, thank you so much for these amazing comments you’ve shared with other prospective travelers!

At the Staybridge Suites we are dedicated to providing top notch and friendly customer service, so we are glad to hear we helped make your stay more enjoyable. Our team is always more than willing to help out our guests anytime, that’s what we're here for and Jamie’s attitude is an excellent example of that!

Again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back on your next NYC visit!

Staybridge Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Thank you to the management for a great room and the bottle of wine on our anniversary. The concierge staff was very friendly and most helpful.

The room is a little on the small side compared to our previous accomodation in NY but it is clean and modern with a fridge and basics to have a break from eating out all the time although we didnt actually end up using it - why would you want to prepare meals in the few days you get in NY?

Sure - the ambiance outside is not that of 5th Ave but it is very obvious that efforts are being made to keep it clean and presentable. Would stay there again!

Room Tip: The upper floors dont look onto a wall.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write this review, we truly appreciate it!

We are thrilled to hear you found our rooms to be comfortable and clean, our team works very hard to provide the best of home and hotel! As you mentioned, the kitchenettes in the rooms provide for that extra functionality and convenience unlike most hotels would offer; the ability to store additional items (drinks, food, etc), prepare a home cooked meal or even heat up your morning coffee without even leaving your room.

We have joined forces with the surrounding hotels in the area to help in the beautification of the neighborhood, so thank you for noticing our efforts! This in recent years has dramatically improved the immediate area.

We are so very glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your trip and look forward to welcoming you back next time!

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel is very well located - close to Broadway, Fashion Street, 5th Ave, Times Square, Empire State Building etc. It is very clean and the staff is very courteous. The way they charge for hotel rooms is something you have to clarify at the time of checking in at the front desk, to avoid any surprises. They allow for late check outs, provided you ask ahead of time.

The hotel is in a busy place so if you were on the lower floors then chances are you would hear a lot of the street hustle-bustle.

The elevators SUCK big time...plan at least 10 minutes of wait time during weekends and 5-7 minutes of wait time other days, does not matter if you are going up or down. So avoid rooms in the top floors.

The breakfast is free and has a good variety. They also have happy socials on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with an average choice (no more than 2-3) but compensate by giving away free beer, red wine and white wine. They also serve soft beverages. Try to go early for both breakfast and socials as they do not have enough seating space, especially with kids this might be something to look for. You could take the food to your room but the wait for the elevator is excruciating !!

Their internet connection is very good.

Their TV cable system totally sucks...I mean completely sucks. Never ever I have seen a lag when you change channels and each time you do that, the TV goes blank and then the channel begins to play...completely sucks !!

For your airport drop, try to call for a shuttle at least a day in advance and they come pick you up. Other option is to book a cab online.

For JFK, I found that the hotel was charging USD69 (all inclusive) when the cab when booked online costs USD 48 (there are also coupons in the city guide at the front desk) and shutte is about USD15. If you do not have much luggage you can walk to the Port Authority Terminal and hop into the airport shuttle or take the Subway and Airtran (total of USD 7.25) too.

The hotel staff did not tell me about these options even when I pushed them. They will only tell you about the cab and the subway !! A bit shady but that is what happened to me. If you step out and take a cab to JFK it would cost USD 57 (including toll).

Overall a very good hotel and I would go back to them my next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: 1) The doors to stairs in the walkway on every floor slam - so avoid rooms close to these doors 2...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rumford, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

On a whole this is a very nice hotel with a very nice room. However, the tv remote control is the worse I have every dealt with. It would take me 5 minutes to go from channel 3 to channel 25. It would take many presses of the remote control button for the channel to change regardless of the direction the remote was pointing. I called the front desk the first night as I was trying to see the yankees / red sox game (was never able to get to it). They sent "engineering" and he tried it and said that is how it works and we are looking into another cable provider. I was like seriously that is how it typically works.
Well my second complaint is the early departure fee. I indicated on Thursday that I would not stay the night on Friday. They hit me with a $75 fee plus taxes for this early departure. They said even if I would have told them Wed. that they would still have charged me the fee. They also indicated that it should have been the full room charge ($300+) and they did the $75 because I was a gold member. I have stayed in many Priority club, Hilton Honors, and Marriot hotels in NYC and have never had this fee charged. It is unlikely I will stay here again due to these two complaints.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kristen L, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Sent on Oct 10, 2012
Hello Mark and thank you for your comments.

I apologize for the inconvenience with your televisions during your stay. As you and many others have stressed their frustrations with our television issues, we as well have become beyond frustrated, so this is why we are in the process of switching providers at this very moment and hope to have it live with the new cable provider by October 30th.

The new cable system will eliminate the cable boxes all together, making it just one click and your up and running without having to diagnose whether your pointing in the right direction or not. We are hoping this monumental change will make our guest's experiences much more efficient and comfortable.

In regards to the early departure fee, unfortunately all our reservations if they are changed after check in are charged an early departure fee due to the fact we are holding this room out of our inventory preventing us to sell it otherwise. We certainly do not want you to think it is on a particular basis and I would be more than happy to refund your fee because you were not aware of this. We never wish our guests to leave with a bad experience.

I hope you take what I have written into consideration and know that we are making the improvements needed to better the experience for all our guests. We hope to see you on your future visit to NYC!

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention and please do not hesitate to contact me.
Sheffield, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was fortunate enough to stay 6 nights at this hotel in a king bedded room with a view of Manhattan/Hudson River (room 2705).

As I had never been to New York before and it was my husband's 50th Birthday treat, I emailed the staybridge team to ask a couple of questions. They were very efficient and answered my questions fully, so this was a great start.

We didn't arrive at the hotel until late on a Thursday evening. The reception staff were delightful at check in (and indeed throughout the stay), and gave me a welcome gift for being a gold member of their priority club. That is the first time that happened! We caught the lift without a problem up to our 27th floor room. I was at first disappointed that we were opposite the lift, but decided as we were so tired from our transatlantic journey to see what the noise was like, and to be fair, the only noise was at 710am when people talked outside our room every morning (coud this be the cleaning staff?).

The room was well appointed with flat screen TV, desk, chair with footstool, bedside tables, mirror. The kitchenette was great. Used the hob to boil water for tea a couple of times, and the fridge. The wonderful cleaning staff would put our used cutlery/cups etc., in the diswasher everyday so it was ultra clean and tidy when we got back from our busy day. the bathroom was just the right size, having a corner shower. The towels were plentiful, and the toiletries never ran out! The bed was big and comfortable, but the pillows were too high for us, but housekeeping changed them to an alternative, which worked out better for us.

The lifts were trial and error as to how long you waited. Could be 10 seconds, could be 5 minutes. This is a busy hotel,and at peak times, you need to be patient and a lift will arrive at some point! Morning for breakfast/leaving for the day out tended to be the busiest time.

The breakfast area was clean, the staff work hard to refil the stock and you are encouraged to take breakfast items out with you, as everyone appears to descend between 830 and 10. The breakfast items were more or less the same every day (although thereis plenty to choose from), so you may become bored after more than a few days, but this is New York, there is a 24 hour diner round the corner selling other breakfast items if you want them (my husband craved waffles and I craved french toast!), and there is a toaster in your room if you hate waiting for the toaster to become free in the breakfast room.

The evening receptions are a wonderful touch. It was good to feedback to the Manager what a wonderful stay we had had (he was serving the wine!).

The staff here are friendly (from reception to concierge to the domestic staff), and have a "can help" attitude. For example we asked for a late check out, and got it, but when we got back and it took some time to get our room key "re-activated", which delayed us by 10 minutes, the staff said no problem, don't rush.

We had a problem with the neighbouring room (we had an interconnecting door), who were "partying" at gone midnight. We rang reception who immediately took action to request our neighbours to be quiet. thanks guys!

Location, is right behind the port authority bus station, I did not feel unsafe at any time during my stay here, and there are plenty of people walking about to the adjoining hotels/venues. Ideally placed for all sightseeing, and they can help with maps/directions as well as you orientate yourself to the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Niina C, Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Hi Lucy and Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We appreciate for you being a loyal Priority club Gold member and choosing our hotel for your husband’s 50th birthday!

We are glad to hear you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable; they were made with the mindset of comfort and convenience, to allow our guests to enjoy the best of home and hotel. As you mentioned, the kitchenettes are a great asset to have which creates an added value for our guests. We encourage our guests to take advantage of this by having take away containers available during our breakfast and social hours. These are two of the most raved about amenities we offer on the house!

Our staff is truly dedicated to making our guests experience a delightful one! We are always here to help with any problem or request you may have and will make sure to take care of it straight away! The same way we took care of the inconvenience of someone making noise while you were trying to sleep. It is possible other guests were also talking in front of your room early morning while waiting for elevators. Our housekeeping attendants usually go on the floors after 9am to guarantee our guests a restful sleep.

As you mentioned, the hotel’s location is quite convenient because it provides for easy access to all of New York City’s famous attractions, entertainment and within walking distance to Times Square and Hell’s Kitchen.

Most importantly, we love to hear you found our team members friendly and very helpful. We always want our guests to leave with great memories and are dedicated to making sure they are happy! We will see you another time, take care until then!

Best Regards,
Staybridge Family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Don't even know where to begin, except to say that everything about our stay was perfect (e.g. Room, Value, Location). The hotel certainly made quite an excellent impression on me and my wife. The front desk who took care of our check-in was exceptional, very welcoming and sincere. If I'm not mistaken, his name was Nicholas. I think it's quit rare to find such outstanding people. I hope the hotel gives him due recognition.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Excellent hotel. Great location within easy walk of Times Square. Staff very helpful. Room was spotlessly clean and the facilities in the room were more than adequate with kitchenette (we only used the fridge). The only downside was the noisy air conditioning unit. Complimentary breakfast was very good and set us up for the days sightseeing. The midweek free buffet was also very good although we were only there for the Tuesday evening. I would not hesitate in returning to this hotel and would recommend it highly to anyone wanting to stay in New York.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike W, Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Hello Bob, thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are so glad that you found our hotel to be more than satisfactory. From our top notch staff, to our spacious rooms with kitchenettes (including stove top, microwave and full fridge); this hotel is hard to compare. On top of these amenities, we offer a full breakfast buffet every day, and a social hour with complimentary hors’ de oeuvres, wine and beer Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday 5-7pm.

I am so happy to hear that would you come back and stay with us and the entire staff thanks you for recommending us!

Staybridge Team

Been to Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City? Share your experiences!