“Great price, great stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   326 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Garment District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #203 of 452 hotels in New York City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great price, great stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

If you can get this hotel for $150 a night, you are doing pretty well for Manhattan. Terrifically close to Times Square, yet easily situated to jump on the subway or take a fascinating walk in almost any direction. The rooms are standard NYC/Europe-sized, clean, quiet and efficient. I had a nice , soft robe and house slippers, which made relaxing after a long day in the city a welcome treat. The staff were professional and friendly. My only complaint is the "lounge" in the lobby could benefit from a little organization and a real bartender, as it seemed our bartender was in over her head and wished to be anywhere else. Luckily, the area is filled with great restaurants and pubs. If you want to get away from the hardcore tourist zone, head over to 8th or 9th ave., a few blocks away and you'll find all sorts of great food, from Italian to Pakistani, Turkish to Balkan. It's a pretty impressive selection. Near the hotel, I'd recommend, Tabata (Japanese Noodles), Pie Face (Australian Meat Pies, open 24hrs), and Turco, (Turkish), all cheap, clean and delicious.
Do yourself a favor, escape the noise for awhile, head down to the Hudson River and enjoy the walking paths, the great views and the USS Intrepid museum. Pretty cool. I'd, easily, stay at this hotel again, for $200 or less in the off-season, more in the heavy-season.

Room Tip: Try and get an upper floor. 2906 is good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thanks for the very detailed review! We are glad that for the most part you were very pleased with your stay. As you mentioned in your review, our hotel's location is awesome.

I will personally look into the bartender issues you experienced to ensure that does not occur to you or future guests. We look foward to having you back.

1,066 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is my second time staying at the hotel and they didn't let me down! The hotel is within a few minutes walk of Times Square and many other tourist spots and the subway just around the corner. We stayed in The King Room with a City View and we could see the Empire State Building from our window! The first time I stayed here we did not stay in a City View room but I highly recommend doing so. The rooms are an average size but were clean and the bed was VERY comfortable. The stand up shower was clean and the water pressure was good. The rooms also have free wifi which we really appreciated.

The staff on the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Check-in and Check-out were a breeze. We were even given popcorn one evening on the way back to our room.

The only minor complaints we had were that the cleaning staff didn't reach our room until after 5:00PM so we found that they would be ready to clean our room as we were getting ready to go out for supper. I would have thought the rooms would be cleaned before that. As well, the fan/heater in the room was very loud and kept waking us up so we would have to turn it off in the middle of the night.

Overall this is a great hotel and have great prices! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Spent 5 days there and we had a great time. Got a free complimentary dinner on Wednesday the first night we stayed there from the staff in there restaurant. Now that's what I call a good way to save money and start a trip. Clean rooms, small but who cares, it was comfortable. Free coffee and bottles of water provided every day (with extra on request). Staff was friendly and helpful. Concierge helped us with our tours and where we wanted to go. Close to Times Square. I would definitely stay there again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thanks for the wonderful review of your 5 day stay. The Wednesday Barbeque is just a small token of appreciation we provide to all of our guests. We look forward to having you back.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The hotel is very conveniently situated on the West side, close to Times Square. The best part about the hotel is its location close to most tourist spots, Times Square, Central Park, Museums, Theatres.

The service is very good and you see smiling faces all around. The rooms were ok for me but might be a bit small for families.

The food was good and for its price and location, the hotel is very good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We do have an awesome location and we are glad that you got to experience it. Smiling faces and sincere care is what my staff strives for and we are glad you found that.

The Gotham Bistro serves some real excellent dishes and we are glad you came to enjoy it. We look forward to seeing you back.

san rafael ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I chose Four Points because it is near the theater district and we were there with our grandkids. We were happy and they loved it -- the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was more than adequate, the front desk people were very helpful (they even gave the kids welcome cupcakes!). We slept well, none of the often annoying NYC street noise. It is just across from the Port Authority bus station but that was not a problem. We found several very nice coffee and sandwich shops nearby which met with the approval of both adults and grands.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and the great cupcakes! We look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Wiesbaden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Last September, I booked a 7 night stay over Christmas at Sheraton Four Points Midtown-Times Square on Booking.com with the understanding that it could be cancelled without a fee. My computer locked up after filling out my credit card information and I never received a confirmation email. I made several attempts to search for it but it was not to be found. I should have contacted Booking.com to cancel but I didn't, thinking the reservation did not go through. MY mistake. But the hotel charged me for the whole stay, a whooping $1576. I called and emailed both the hotel and Booking.com several times, each telling me to take it up with the other, and both claiming there was nothing they could do about it. I wrote to the hotel's general manager, Mr. Turano and the Front Desk manager Priscilla Gomez, explained my personal situation, a recent widow with a teenager to raise living in a foreign country and I offered to pay for a one night stay, the standard fee hotels charge their no-show guests. Declined. I have searched Starwood / Sheraton's website to file a complaint, surprise, not one to be found. I tried to leave a completed stay review on the Four-points website, my booking number was rejected. This extremely unsatisfied customer will NEVER stay at a Starwood / Sheraton brand hotel AGAIN or use Booking.com and will do everything in my power to warn others of it's predatory no show policy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
While I understand that you are upset about the charge, we have received several variations of what exactly happened with your reservation. At first your claim was you did not receive an email. At this time we contacted booking.com who stated they had confirmation that an email was sent to you.

From this review, it is stating that your computer froze. This is another variation of the story.

To clarify you booked a reservation that was a prepaid reservation. We guaranteed that room on a sold out date for you to arrive. Unfortunately we could not sell that room again when you did not arrive for your reservation.

Please understand that these are standard policies in all hotels and we are not predators.

Joseph Turano
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The hotel was disappointing for many reasons. Firstly, the room was extremely outdated and dirty. The carpets were not clean, and the room seemed to have taken some wear and tear. The walls were extremely thin, and therefore, when the neighbour stepped out at 7am to make a phone call in the hallway, we would hear every word. The maid also knocked on our door at 9am, though we had only checked in at midnight the night before due to our flight. Lastly, the staff at the front desk and the manager on duty were extremely rude upon check-out. When we inquired about a charge, the staff became very defensive and accusatory. Overall, the experience was not at all pleasant. I would definetly recommend staying somewhere else, as New York has so many great hotels to offer (this not being one of them).

Room Tip: The walls are extremely thin. Keep this in mind.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
As you can see from many of the reviews prior, the experience you had with us is not a common one. We are so sorry you felt this way about your stay. I would love the opportunity for you to contact me so we can discuss.

I can be reached at the hotel main number.

Joseph

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square? Share your experiences!