“Incredibly gracious staff went the extra mile” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square

You added Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   326 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #214 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Boxborough, Massachusetts
“Incredibly gracious staff went the extra mile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I left my wallet in the back of a taxi and had no cash. Thankfully, I had my Bank of America ATM card...but was short on time and the closest BOA ATM was inside the subway station right down the street. One of the gentlemen working the bell desk kindly offered to lend me his Metro card so that I could withdraw some cash. A second gentleman offered his Metro card to my friend so that I wouldn't have go by myself. This is only one example of the great client care I experienced last weekend. The gentleman running the breakfast buffet in the morning was incredibly friendly and the server quite polite. They had hot cider in the lobby in the evenings...it was such a lovely touch!! It's funny, I have stayed at plenty of hotels in NYC (from Four Points to the Peninsula) and have to say that this is by far the friendliest staff I have encountered.

The neighborhood is what it is. Yes, the neighborhood can seem a touch seedy to some (there is an adult shop on the same block), but I have stayed here several times on my own (5'2" petite woman) and have not once felt uncomfortable walking to or from the hotel at night. The location is insanely convenient...the subway and Port Authority bus terminal are within a block of the place (A, C, E, N, Q, R, 1, 2, 3, and 7 trains are right there).

It's not the Ritz, but it is convenient, clean, and the staff is incredible. I stayed there last weekend and am so happy with my stay that when a friend suggested a night in the city, I immediately booked us a room there (and chose this over the Sheraton Times Square and the Parker Meridian).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I am extremely grateful for your great review! What a great story, we are so happy that you were able to recover your wallet.

I will make sure I share this fantastic review with my staff.

Joseph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Hebrew first
Placentia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel in October 2013. We had booked a king size bed. However, when we checked in we were told the only available KS bed was on the 2nd floor. We agreed to take a room with 2 queen beds on a higher floor. After a night trying to sleep on what definitely seemed like a double bed, my husband and I requested to be moved. We were next placed in a room on the 23rd floor with a. KS bed. Much better room, amenities and views. The bed was very comfortable. We ate at the hotel's restaurant and also ordered room service. The food was very good. The hotel staff was wonderful, professional and helpful. The location was great - close to Times Square, Madison Square Garden, subway and bus transportation. (And very close to the Cake Boss Cafe. Yum!) We would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the wonderful review. We are happy to know that you found our food very good, a wonderful helpful staff, and our great location.

Cake Boss is awesome! We are happy to have them as a neighbor.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Location directly accross street from port authority other then that not great.
Everyone was helpful room small but clean.breakfast well prepared and reasonally priced.easy to walk to times square.front desk service and checkin were quick and very pleasant

• Stayed October 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review, we hope to see you back soon.

Devon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for one night and enjoyed the room and amenities. We had 2 decent sized beds with good linens that were quite comfortable. Bathroom was a little small but functional. The room coffee maker makes a decent cup of starbucks (provided) so not much to complain about. The biggest (and only) problem we had here was when we wanted to leave and get our car out of the garage. We were the only ones there and gave the cashier our ticket. About 5 minutes later, another party wanted their car out and gave their ticket in to get their car. We all waited and waited and then their car came out first. After we waited about 20 MINUTES our car finally came out. This is totally inexcusable. I would suggest parking your car somewhere else. It also cost $51 per day to park your car here and another $10 every time you take it out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time out to complete a great review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the coffee in your room and also the other amenities were to your satisfaction.

As for the parking, I apologize about the behavior of the parking lot. I can tell you that we just recently switched to a different parking lot which is located on 40th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues.

We hope this change is a positive one and we look forward to having you back in the future.

Beirut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed there for one night:
The hotel is greatly located, next to the bustling Times Square (approx 5 minutes walking).
Staff were friendly and welcoming, the rooms were clean and nice, modestly sized, the bathroom was clean and adequately equipped.
The lobby is pretty small.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the great review! We are glad that you found mostly everything to your expectations. As for the lobby we do have future plans to enhance the space. We do hope you can join us in the future to see these changes.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked this hotel thinking it would be in or very near Times Square (silly me!). It's not and about a ten minute walk away so be warned! The location is not good and to get out to the sights/main tourist area meant passing a "correction" centre, a sex shop and a liqour store! I've worked and stayed in NY many times and know the area pretty well, but this wasn't impressive at all. On the plus side, as it's also opposite the NY main bus terminal (which is massive) it meant my husband and son could hop on the bus easily for the Giants game which was happening that weekend! The hotel itself is ok. The standard rooms are very small - so much so that we decided we couldn't stay in the first room and asked to be moved and paid to upgrade to a suite which was much more spacious, but of course cost a lot more money! However, as the new room didnt have two double beds, my teenage (6ft plus) son had to sleep on sofa bed which kept collapsing! I didnt get much sympathy from the desk manager when I mentioned this when checking out. Eventually she offered us breakfast free (which didn't work as we had to be somewhere) but then agreed to take a little off the bill but as this was already very high it wasn't that helpful. On the plus side, the reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. The reasons I wouldn't recommend are the location, room sizes and high cost, but if you're looking for a clean, ok place to stay then this is fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out to review our hotel. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Our location though not exactly on the Times Square strip is just 1 1/2 block from Times Square.

We are also sorry to hear that our beds were not of size for your family.

On future stays, please contact me directly and I will personally look into your accomodation requests.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hotels in Manhatten are very expensive. This hotel is slightly off the main street of Times Square but it is within 5 minutes walk to Times Square. It is less expensive than those hotels directly at Times Square.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. When my bus did not arrive to the airport on my last day, they helped to call the company. Book shuttle service with the hotel instead of booking directly at the websites as the hotel one is more reliable.

Room is small but cozy and well-maintained. The king bed is big and comfortable. Also, if you would like to know what to do at New York, the hotel has a concierge and you are able to book tours from there. It is the same price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thanks for the fantastic review. We are extremely happy that your stay with us was a great one.

We look forward to having you back.