“Nice clean hotel near the Theatre District” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   326 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Garment District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #198 of 449 hotels in New York City
Annapolis, MD
“Nice clean hotel near the Theatre District”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My group of girlfriends and I stayed here to celebrate a birthday. It wasn't far from Times Square and the Theater District. A lot of great eating establishments in the area. Right across from Port Authority Bus terminal and we walked from Penn Station. Helpful staff, we forgot our toothbrushes and had one in our room within 5 minutes. Cupcakes on arrival, definite plus! I'd stay there again if planning another Broadway weekend.

Room Tip: If you are staying on the side facing the street, make sure you get ahigher room so you don't h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
WGuestServicesTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for the great review and so glad we were able to surprise and delight you! We do hope you had a great experience with us and please feel free to reach out prior to your next trip to the Big Apple!

1,064 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Greek first
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

It is very near to major attractions. The rooms are small and clumsy. since the location is very good, it compensates for everything. The tariff is reasonable. The service is excellent. We are south Indian. So, the hotel called Saravana Bhavan was quite near by metro. Over all a decent place to stay and enjoy the New york attractions nearby.

Room Tip: Higher floor gives a decent view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thanks for the review and the tip you provided. Most of all thanks for your loyalty.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I was in the sheraton with friends from work at this week. Pricilla the front desk supervisor (and kent!!), take care that our staying in the hotel will be perfect From the start.the hotel is clean, located in a good place. Close to the subway, time sqwer, restetonts and bars.we had a trumnded vacation. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed July 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review! We are so happy that Priscilla and team were accommodating throughout your stay. We look forward to having you back in the future.

Bergamo, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Position is for sure very useful as you're in Midtown close to 5th av. and walking you can easily reach all best touristic destination of NY...20 minutes for MOMA, 30 for Central Park, 10 for National Library, and with some steps more you get also Gugenheim and Metropolitan, Empire, etc.Hotel itself is overused by thousand of people they have every year. I'm a preferred guest starwood so I got a quite wide room, but some people not told me their room was very small (as usual for NY). Common spaces are small as well, but employees are very nice and professional

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thanks for the review. Most of our rooms besides our suite are of the same size. We are glad that for the most part you found our hotel to be good for your stay.

We look forward to having you back.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I chose the Four Points by Sheraton Midtown as my "home base" for my 4th of July weekend in Manhattan partly because of its walking-distance location to the Hudson River fireworks viewing events, and also because of its central location on the island itself. And I suppose it could go either way being right across the from the giant Port Authority Bus Station, but in my case, that worked out well also, as the bus from Newark Airport dropped us off right around the corner from the hotel. Additionally, our room was high up and on the opposite side of the building than the bus station and 40th Street, which probably made a big difference. (We even had a peek view of the Empire State Building.)

The staff was courteous and welcoming, and the room was clean, cool, quiet and comfortable. We enjoyed the fresh lemonade in the lobby everyday. Though there was no ice machine on our floor (or any floor?), the staff was very accommodating in getting us a bag and/or bringing it up to the room. As far as food goes, we didn't eat in the hotel, but being in New York, food is plentiful and as cheap or expensive as you wanted it to be.

All-in-all, the Four Points by Sheraton Midtown was a convenient oasis in a hectic and exciting metropolis; and did I mention the multi-line subway station just a hop, skip and a jump from the hotel doors that will get you anywhere in the city in minutes.

I can't think of any reason I wouldn't want to stay at this property again on any trip I made to the city. As far as I'm concerned, for convenience, value and hospitality, it's my first choice for NYC!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear James,

Thanks for picking us as your home base! We are so happy that we made your 4th of July an exceptional one. We look forward to having you back in the future!

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was very hesitant about booking this hotel due to some of the reviews I read. I got the hotel at a great price so really did not want to cancel. I am so glad I kept it.

A review said that the rooms were exceedingly small. We normally stay in a suite so I was very worried. I have been in a small room before. This was not too small. The room was very nice. Very clean and comfortable. We were not cramped (2 adults & 1 child). We were on the 19th floor right outside the elevators but were not bothered by any noise. There was a coffee maker and a safe in the room, we used both.

Another review said the breakfast was 'basic'. Breakfast was a buffet and they had a very nice selection. You could have eggs, pancakes, potatoes, cereal, fruit, bagels, toast, and more.

There was a review that mentioned the parole office nearby. We were there from Wednesday to Friday and did not see anything or anyone that made us uncomfortable.

We went to NYC to see Phantom of the Opera. The hotel was within walking distance. In fact it is within walking distance of most everything we wanted to see and do.

We stayed 2 nights and 3 days. Everyone made us feel very welcome and couldn't have been nicer, from the wait staff to the bartender to the manager.

We were not leaving town for a number of hours after checkout so they kept our luggage while we did more sightseeing and then called us a cab when we picked it up.

We will definitely look at staying there again the next time we visit NYC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
What a fantastic review! We are so happy that you were able to notice some of strong qualities. We pride ourselves on our excellent service and location and you nailed it with your review. We are so happy that you got to enjoy the city as well. We want to welcome you back with open arms on future stays.

Regards
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I had booked two rooms here and had prepaid as we got an excellent deal for the location. When we got to the hotel at about 8.30 pm on 3rd july, we were informed that the hotel was overbooked and even though we had prepaid, we still didn't have a room. The hotel rep had arranged for a room at the next door Hampton Inn, but he seemed to think his hotel hadn't done anything wrong by taking my money and not giving me a room int he hotel. He began to convince me that the Hampton Inn next door was even better because they gave free breakfast. I asked him what he could do to make up for this inconvenience and he said he's sorry but nothing.
I don't know how good the hotel was, but I expect a lot better customer service from a Four Points Sheraton - so beware of overbookings at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We are very sorry about relocating you and your family to another hotel on last evening. We understand that our guest choose the Four Points brand for its tradition of service and offering a relaxing and refreshing stay. It is never our intention to purposely disappoint our guest in this way, and hope that the accommodations were peaceful.

It is our goal to ensure a comfortable and invigorating stay every time. It really disappoints us when we miss our mark for excellence and displease our guests. Upon your return to our hotel, please accept this upgrade to our executive suite as a token of our sincerest apology.

If there is anything we can do to make future stays more relaxing, please feel free to contact me directly.

Joseph

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square? Share your experiences!