“Much Better Than Expected After Reading Reviews” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square

You added Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   326 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #205 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia
“Much Better Than Expected After Reading Reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I just stayed here on Friday evening after booking a really good deal on Hotwire. Once I found out the hotel I immediately begin researching to see the ratings. Some of them made me 2nd guess if this was indeed a good deal or not. Even though I'm familiar with the area they made me question it. But regardless I was booked and staying for the night. What did assure me though that it was probably still a great deal is that I saw that the General Manager took the time to respond to any adverse comments, which shows they value their guests a d understand just how valuable a tool customers recommendation or bad remarks can be.

All in all I would def. book this hotel again. The staff at check in was friendly and welcoming. Only comment is that they would've asked if I'd parked in next door lot, which would've saved me a trip of running back and forth the next day because they validate your parking so the fee is only $28. Which is extremely beneficial because parking anywhere else nearby is upwards of $40. The rooms were very size-able to me for midtown manhattan. We had a king room so the bed was great. The room was clean. The bathroom was a little small but again it's midtown. The neighborhood is fine! And it is Times Square the main attractions of 42nd street are 1/2 a block down and around the corner. Not sure how much closer you can get. Again, all in all I enjoyed my stay, room was more than comfortable, I'd stay again and for longer than a day.

• Stayed October 2012
Thomaskeane, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I would like to thank the reviewer for taking the time to share their experience with future guest and fellow reviewers. I appreciate that you highlighted the quality of service, room size, and the cleanliness of the hotel. I will be sure to let my front desk staff know to highlight our discounted rate with the nearby parking garages with guest checking in. Please do come and see us again for longer than a day. Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Hebrew first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I would like to personally say thank you to every staff member at the hotel who I saw repeatedly day after day during hurricane Sandy. Not only was the front desk staff working long hours they did it with a smile. Even after the storm had passed the staff had another storm of their own angry European tourist who had found out their marathon had been cancelled. I commend the staff for their patience with these extremely difficult people who had no empathy for the situation NYC was in. I do not remember the managers name (nice silver suit?) who I saw repeatedly over the course of the week in the lobby but he handled these situations with such grace. Even when he was being yelled at by a European Marathon runner because their sheets hadn't been changed. The hotel explained to all guest that because of the subway shutdown they had limited staff and I'm sure some had damage of their own at home and family at home, they would not be changing sheets (which is completely understandable). I will recommend this hotel to everyone I know based off the exemplary service provided from everyone from the bellman at the door to the housekeeper who delivered my toothbrush. The only thing I wish I could have changed were the fellow guest who overflowed the lobby and were loud and rude throughout my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the building looking at the empire state building. I stayed in 28...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thomaskeane, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Many Thanks to our reviewer for taking his time to recognize our hotel and our team. We are very proud of how our team weathered Hurricane Sandy. These staff members are all representative of the kind of people we choose to become associates. I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you will come back to see us again.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Well having brought my partner to New york for her first trip there we stayed in the Four Points shearaton Midtown Time square. Location Location Location. Walking distance to everywhere.They have the best staff from the reception,restaurant,housekepping and management. We had had a great time until the storm hit late sunday night. Well the airports closed we were due to leave Tuesday 30th but we had to re arrange our prolonged stay as we got no help from Ebookers who we booked the trip with. We were left on our own. First we went to to see the manager of the hotel and he very kindly took care of us by extending the extra nights we had to stay on at a reduced rate.Not many would have done this. For this I give the hotel 10 from 10 for caring and understanding the problem we were in. And 10 from 10 for the stay and the time we had. Super room great sleep wonderful shower and bathroom. Everything one needs.Like most hotels when you book in you tend to eat out. But when the storm hit we ate in the hotel and what an eye opener excellant. Very good food and wine. Folks I cannot recomend the hotel enough. Make it your base in New york and you wont be dissappointed also for shoppers there is value to be had on 8th ave.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the city view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank the reviewer and I am so happy they were able to enjoy their stay even in the event of Hurricane Sandy. I am also glad to hear that our staff and management were able to take care of you during your change of plans. These employees that you encountered are representative of the staff we employee to serve our guest. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future and we thank you for spreading the word about our hotel.
Esko, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here leaving just before Sandy. Clean, small rooms but everything you need is there. Nice to have free internet as other spg properties don't ask for this. Food at restaurant is so so but hey this is nyc. Neighborhood is not great but easy to find after a few days and staff is courteous. Staff got me a car service to jfk when subway shut down and taxis weren't going there. Grateful to have their help in getting home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thomaskeane, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thanks to the reviewer. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to get you transportation during a time when it was more difficult than others as a result of the storm. I am sorry the restaurant did not meet your expectations and we hope if you do stay again we can try to make this up to you. Thanks and please do come back to see us again. Best Regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Arrived a few days before Hurricane Sandy.Nice clean rooms.Was moved to a higher floor upon request.had a nearby parking for my car which was good for NYC.Was tough during Hurricane Sandy;limited menu,no room service etc but we were notified ahead of time and was kept updated.Felt bad the cable was down so TV channels were limited and the bar does not offer mocktails.

Room Tip: Take a double room with two double beds on a higher floor with a city view,more space,less AC noise...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks to the reviewer. I would like to thank you for your understanding of the hotels limited services during Hurricane Sandy. I am also happy to hear you were kept updated during the storm. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future when we are running at 100% and we can provide the level of service we thrive to provide to all of our guests. Best Regards
Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of a business trip. Although I used my SPG points to get two free nights, the rates on this hotel are a good deal when considering the overall experience.

I was a little concerned about the location as I read the reviews prior to my trip and was afraid because, where I live, a bus station, a sex shop and a parole office in the same block means a no-go area. However I can say that the area, though not pretty, is perfectly safe and even "colorful" if you know what I mean. The proximity to Times Square and 34th street for shopping is, no doubt, a big plus.

The hotel staff was very friendly and cordial and although it is a small hotel, it features a small bar where you can have a drink and watch TV (or use the free wifi) and a full service restaurant.

The rooms, as it is to be expected, are a bit small but comfortable, the bed is excellent and the mattress, pillows and comforter are great quality. My room was equipped with coffee maker (with free coffee) and iron & ironing board. In general, the room seemed clean and well maintained. The bathroom is spacious and works well and has a great shower and great amenities. There is also free in-room wifi.

I got a front room facing 40th street and was concerned because the hotel is right in front of the bus station, but the windows have double glazing so the noise was not a problem at all. Or maybe it was also the fact that I was on the 14th floor but I think it's the double glazing which does the trick. The only noise issue I had is that the a/c equipment is the located right below the window and it is a little noisy when operating, not to the point of being a real bother but if you want to sleep in perfect silence then you'll definitely have to turn it off.

I did not call for room service but I did have dinner downstairs at the restaurant and I can say it was a good experience, the staff was very willing and friendly and the food was good and came quickly. The restaurant is located in the back of the hotel so it is nice and quiet and they also have a great selection of beers.

Overall a very good exprience, I do recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thanks to the reviewer. You reviewed the most common themes for our hotel. Great service in near proximity to shopping , restaurants, and other diversions. Thank you for letting everyone know that the neighborhood is safe, and while not quiet entirely, it is certainly not the melee of being in the middle of Times Square. Thank you for also pointing out our staff, at both the front desk and restaurant as well. Thanks and please do come back to see us again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel needs a major renovation particularly in lobby and to block noise in rooms and need new kitchen cheffs and staff. The hotel didn't block inside and outside noise well at all, room service food tasted like cardboard, lobby wifi was really bad. The main good thing about it was the location near time square. The employees in the conference areas with group meals were nice enough but too relaxed and too comfortable with their jobs. Food in breakfast areas was awful although conference meals were acceptable. don't eat there if you must stay. Only saving grace is gym area. I really liked it. also the front desk people are pretty accommodating.

Room Tip: choose room in another hotel. I like Sheraton but this one stayed in 1979
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square? Share your experiences!