“Downtown not downscale” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DBGB Kitchen & Bar

DBGB Kitchen & Bar
299 Bowery, New York City, NY 10003-7104 (East Village)
646-448-8760
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
DBGB Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #854 of 11,777 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Between 1st Street and Houston
Transit: B, D, F & M to Broadway-Lafayette, J to Bowery, N/R to Prince, 6 to Bleecker Street
New York
“Downtown not downscale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

You can go to Daniels uptown for fine haute cuisine or come here to his Bowery joint for high end gastro comfort food. The piggy burger is especially fine complemented by well crisped fries (try them with mayonaise instead of ketchup). The choice of beers and wines are interesting and there's a nice downtown buzz. Finish with the grand marnier souffle.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Miami, Florida
“Grandma's Table”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

If simple European fare is what you crave, this is the place for you. I had the ham and cheese and all the simple yet elegant ingredients melded into a divine sandwich. My appetizer was the sausage and sauerkraut which brought tears to my eyes as my taste buds were transported to my childhood.

The beer list is eclectic and deep--the wine list less so but still enough for most everyone. Our server was truly professional and charming.

When I go back to the Big Apple I will go there for my first lunch.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Burgers and beer what could go wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

DBGB prides itself on having a exception selection of beers. I cannot argue with that. The bartending staff has always been able to steer me to a great choice even though I rarely drink beer. If you prefer wine, try the Cuvée Daniel with Daniel Boulud's proprietary blend (either red or white).

As to the food, everything is good. The burgers are cooked just right, and even when done "medium-well" they still retain a good deal of juiciness. The are not too large, and come with an appropriately sized side of fries while are also great.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manhattan
“Bustling with great sausage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a great place for a late night snack. They have a large variety of different takes on sausage. The middle eastern style one was my favorite. The small portions give you the opportunity to mix and match. Very energetic atmosphere. Good for groups. Make a reservation.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Wonderful meal and restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

After attending a demo at the Institute of Culinary Education given by the Executive Chef of DBGB, I had to come and try more from their menu. My coworker and I made a reservation for lunch on a Friday and as soon as we entered the restaurant I knew it was going to be a special meal. The walls and windows were decorated with quotes from various culinary figures and the decor was just amazing. Service throughout the entire lunch was impeccable and the booths were so very comfortable.

More importantly the food though was amazing. I had the Thai sausage with the fried rice and quail egg. My coworker had the Vermont sausage with the hash brown and crime fraiche. Though they weren't huge portions, it was sufficient for lunch and I will take quality over quantity any day. My Thai sausage had just the right amount of spice and the fried rice and egg were so flavorful and went perfectly with it. I tasted my coworkers vermont sausage and that was very tasty too and he couldn't stop raving about his hash brown too. On the table there was also some of the tastiest mustard i have ever had. One had whole mustard seeds and the other had a wonderful kick of horseradish to it. I need more of those condiments in my life!

It was the perfect meal and I will definitely have to come back and try more of the menu out! I also need to try some of those desserts that sounded amazing (ice cream sundaes, yum!) Definitely recommended if you are in the area, and even recommended if you aren't. DBGB I am a fan!

Visited January 2013