“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   851 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue), New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Early And Save
Ranked #28 of 455 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Billingham, England, United Kingdom
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed at this hotel in August 2013, for 5 nights as part of a Virgin Holidays package.

The location of the hotel is great, a short walk to Times Square, the Highline & Maddison Square.

We stayed on the 11th floor, which offered a fantastic view of the Empire State Building.

Upon checking in we used the "secret word" which we read on the hotels Facebook page. This word, when used granted us a freebie. We received a complimentary bottle if wine in the room & free breakfast.

The room was spacious, the bed was HUGE and probably the comfiest I've ever slept in.

The bathroom was of a high standard (especially by NYC standards)

The hotel is LGBT, pet & child friendly.

We found the hotel to be very clean, modern and extremely quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel offers free rental of bicycles too (although we never got to use them) & a cocktail hour, with snacks & drinks.

Overall, my stay was pleasant and I would certainly stay here again if I found myself in NYC.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Arrived and left at Penn Station-stayed last year at the Affina on 7th this was so much better! Lovely room, double shower helpful staff. Realised on return and checking the booking that we had not gotten the room we paid for (high floor, corner room etc) but the room we had was a well appointed King and suited us fine. If you are bothered about that kind of thing do check.

San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Last week I stayed at the Eventi for a total of 5 nights (broken up by 3 nights and 2 nights). It was fabulous! I had planned to only stay there for the original 3 nights, but liked it so much that I canceled part of my reservation at another hotel so I could finish up my trip there. Here's why I will definitely go back to Eventi:

- The staff is awesome! In particular, Kevin, who works during the day, is great! He is super friendly, was genuinely interested in my trip, always had a huge smile on his face, and really seemed like he was happy I was there. Christopher, who works in the evenings, was also exceptional! Both of them gave me great suggestions of places to eat, activities to do, and things to avoid. Kimpton is known for having fantastic staff and Kevin and Christopher are examples of that. They were really fun to talk to!

- The hotel facility itself is really nice. It is newer than some other hotels in town. The lobby area is stylish, yet comfortable. You need a key to get up to the rooms in the elevator - which made me feel safer, as I was traveling by myself. The hallways don't feel cramped ad all of the common areas look new and well cared for.

- I was in two different rooms and both were amazing - room 1801 and 2217. Both were corner rooms with a king bed and I had a view of the Empire State Building - yeah! The beds were super comfortable, there is a nice reading light right next to the bed, the windows were floor to ceiling to get a great look at the busy city below, convenient power outlets on the nightstand (perfect for charging cell phones). Except for the sound of closing doors a few times, I didn't hear anything from other rooms. I heard the occasional honking or sirens from the street below, but that's totally normal in NY - this room was very quiet compared to other hotels. The bathrooms were a nice size (bigger than bathrooms in older hotels) and were super clean - no mold or mildew, and had space to keep toiletries in the bathroom. Overall the room was very clean - at some hotels I feel ickey walking around without shoes on - but I didn't feel that way here. Clean room, nice furnishings, great view - loved the rooms!

- The hotel is in a great location, away from the craziness of Times Square. At first, I wished I had been in Times Square because it is so central to many of the things I wanted to do in NY. Boy, am I glad I was a few blocks away. Times Square is nuts - tons of people and noise and it's just hard to get around. Eventi is a few blocks downtown from Times Square. It is very close to all of the subway lines, Penn Station, the Chelsea Area, Herald Square, restaurants, drug stores, etc. The location ended up being perfect! I love to walk, so I walked all over Manhattan - down to the Village, financial district, up to Central Park and the upper East and West sides - everywhere. New York is very easy to navigate and Eventi was centrally located.

- Kimpton Hotels are always unique with a focus on good service and Eventi is no different. It's not a cookie cutter hotel - it's a really fun experience to stay there. They also have the normal Kimpton nightly wine hour, free wireless internet for InTouch members, and a $15 allowance for the minibar for members.

- I have stayed at all of the Kimpton hotels in NY. The Muse is in Times Square - it's a bit older, but as I said before, I think Times Square is just too crazy. Ink 48 is newer and is beautiful, but the location isn't that good - it's far west and not near a subway station. 70 Park is an older hotel - the rooms are smaller, bathrooms aren't as clean, and it's a few blocks east in an area that isn't as active after the end of the work day. To me, Eventi is the best of the Kimpton Hotels in NY and I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for two nights over Memorial Day weekend and loved Eventi! We arrived very early and the hotel checked our bags at no charge while we ventured through the city. The hotel is in a perfect part of Chelsea if you plan on going all over Manhattan. You're not far from Central Park and the museums, Greenwich Village and SoHo are right down the street, and legendary 5th Ave shopping starts right around the corner. Even getting over to Brooklyn is easy. There are subway stations in every direction and cabs are always running up 6th Ave.

When we finally checked in and got up to the room, we discovered a bottle of sparkling wine on ice and a small box of chocolates the staff graciously left for us as part of my "something special" request on the booking website. A great introduction to Eventi. Our room (corner room with a king bed) was quite spacious especially by Manhattan standards. Plenty of room for luggage, shopping bags, and piles of random stuff one accumulates while traveling. We had two huge floor-to-ceiling corner windows with a decent view of the west side of Chelsea. The room was well-lit, comfortable, and clean. Power outlets were conveniently located on the nightstands.

The bathroom was very spacious and clean as well. Marble floors and countertops, a rainfall shower-head, and a regular shower-head. There was a even a little bench to sit down in the shower. One strange thing we noticed was that there was no door to the shower, so half the shower stall is basically completely exposed to the rest of the bathroom. It was weird, but somehow we didn't get water all over the floor.

We were high up on the 14th floor and facing away from 6th Ave, so we didn't experience any street noise issues that are common in Midtown-area hotels. Be sure to keep that in mind here too. Touring the city typically means you're only in the hotel room to sleep and shower, but if you find yourself relaxing in the hotel for a while, they have a lot of amenities and services like 24-hour room service, 24-hour fitness facility, and spa services by appointment. We didn't partake in any of those during our stay so I can't comment on them.

We forgot to bring toothpaste and I forgot my shaving razor, but no worries. Eventi supplies toiletries and small amenities like that at no charge. I called the front desk and they promptly sent up some travel-size toothpaste, a disposable razor, and a free toothbrush too. Great service.

I would 100% recommend this hotel. Impressive service, perfect location, and spacious rooms. I would say it's tremendous value for Manhattan. I've stayed in many hotels in the city before and space is at a premium. Eventi manages to give you plenty of space and amenities without skimping on quality.

Eventi made our weekend getaway to NY a memorable one. We look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise and A/C unit noise from neighboring rooftops. The hotel offers...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Benny C - Love it, thanks for celebrating a holiday weekend with us! Come and see us this summer as we are gearing up for alot of fun!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Eventi Hotel is very good for a short stay. The staff is extremely kind and with a good sense of humor!
Located in Midtown with restaurants and shops the hotel is highly recommendable! And not far from Penn Station! No need to take a cab, just walk around in the area.

The corner room 'King Deluxe room' with ceiling to floor windows on the 9th floor has a great view on the city, very close to the Empire State building (which is coloured light during the night).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ed020 - Love it all! And we think you are pretty great too, come and see us again when you are stateside and good luck in the World Cup!
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We made a long weekend out of our visit to the Eventi during March. There were a few things going on that weekend: March madness, so the hotel was filled with people visiting Madison Square Garden (just a few blocks away); construction in the lobby, so we didn't get to enjoy that chic Kimpton welcome. Nonetheless, the hotel and staff were impeccable. We were welcomed at check-in with a glass of champagne. We also got our upgrade, so we had a room with a nice living space with a couch and amazing views of the Empire State Bldg. The bathroom, filled with wall-to-wall marble, was absolutely stunning. Probably the nicest bathroom I've ever been in, to be honest. The gym was a bit cramped, but it got the job done. We were not able to take advantage of the wine hour or the restaurant this trip, though I can report from previous visits that the restaurant is good+. Don't stay here if you don't want to spend money, though; it is expensive, but, in my opinion, worth every penny. Skip the Hilton or Hyatt (or whatever) and stay here instead.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
plt981 - Thanks! Who wouldn't love to be described as stunning? We look forward to you joining us for wine hour this summer!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Eventi over the Memorial Day weekend. From start to finish, we were impressed with the hotel. First - if you are going to stay here (or any Kimpton for that matter), you should join Kimpton's InTouch program. I did before I booked, and ended up getting a 20% off discount for our first stay at any Kimpton. Also comes with free Wifi and a minibar credit.

We were greeted with a warm welcome at the hotel, no line at check in, and the front desk was very friendly. We were on a 'babymoon' which I had noted in our reservation, and a number of people congratulated us, and there was a nice card and fruit platter in our room when we arrived. Lots of small touches which add up to a great experience.

The location is great for exploring Manhattan. The neighborhood itself is just average, not bad by any means. It's close to several subway stops and is great to go uptown or downtown, pretty easy to get to anywhere. We stayed in a Cityview King room on the 15th floor - had really awesome views, we were staring right at the Empire State Building. Room was pretty good sized for an NYC hotel room, bathroom was impressive, lots of storage for luggage - really no complaints at all. Room, hallways, all hotel facilities were very clean and appeared to be well maintained. I also thought our room was great value - Manhattan hotels can be absurdly expensive and I felt like we paid a very fair rate and got a high quality room, definitely money well spent. All staff we encountered, from housekeeping to front desk to the people who took room service orders were very friendly and helpful.

I have only 2 small complaints. First, the elevator situation. The hotel was very busy and has 3 elevators, but one was out of service. This was a pain, as there were wait times for the elevators and it seemed to take quite awhile to get up and down. However these things happen, certainly did not reflect any neglect on the hotel's part, just more of an inconvenience. Also - room service took around 30-40 minutes to be delivered, and we just ordered basic appetizers, not full meals. Seemed to be longer than I would expect, but again it was busy.

We would definitely stay here again, and have always had great experiences at Kimpton hotels. Great job Eventi!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ituleb - Thanks for the review, we hope to see you back again soon this summer!

Been to Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!