“Love Kimpton properties” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   851 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue), New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Double Double Offer
Ranked #30 of 452 hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Love Kimpton properties”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Eventi's my jam whenever I'm in Manhattan (a few weekends a year). I'm a Kimpton fan and try to stay with the chain whenever I can, because they really do it right and make sure their customers are happy, and I'm never disappointed with a Kimpton.

Eventi in particular is comfortable, a bit luxurious, in an ideal location for me, and has wonderful staff. Every time I'm here for some kind of occasion (birthday, anniversary), they never hesitate to send up a little token of celebration, be it a cupcake, box of chocolates, or bottle of champagne. Love the usual Kimpton perks as well (wine happy hour, free coffee/tea, $15 free from the mini-bar, free wifi, great toiletries, use of a robe and yoga mat, pets allowed, etc.). I keep my eyes out for deals via email so I usually stay here for about ~$200 a night which is really cheap for what you get IMO. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I like the higher rooms, they have a better view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
SparkleMeow - Hey that LOVE goes two ways! Thanks for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

1,973 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed at the Eventi for one night. I stayed in a room with a King size bed and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. Oftentimes when I stay in Manhattan I find hotel rooms rather cramped. Not so at the Eventi. The room had a very nice bathroom, once again quite spacious. Unfortunately, the room itself was not very clean. It was very much in need of a good dusting and vacuum. The furniture was worn.
The hotel staff was very pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Niki500 - Glad to read that you found our rooms and bathrooms spacious and our staff friendly and efficient. We look forward to your second stay with us!
Brigantine, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Great experience from the time we pulled up to the front door. Front desk staff was very helpful and professional. Our accommodations were excellent with a fantastic view of the Empire State building. Anytime I am in Manhattan I will stay at this very trendy hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dotsie T - Well who wouldn't love to be called Fabulous? We sure do! Thanks for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked a surprise trip to New York and Boston to celebrate my husband's birthday. From the first contact through Kimpton reservations team to the end of the stay we had excellent service. I exchanged a few emails and phone calls with the reservations coordinator Lulu Elkerm and she was very attentive, responsive ;offering me the best rates deal accommodating my budget. I had such an impressive service from Lulu I booked both hotels Eventi and Nine Zero.
When we got to the Eventi Hotel we were welcomed by the lovely Brenda and she informed were upgraded to a higher floor with beautiful views of New York. Our room was on the 20th floor, and when we saw the views it definitely had an amazing Wow factor. There was also a lovely note from the concierge Brenda, a bottle of bubbly and cup cake to celebrate the special occasion! A personal touch from the start.
The room was well appointed, beautifully furnished, quite spacious , it felt plush and chic. At night it was beautiful just to watch the city lights and the view of Empire State Building...bewildering!
Location was spot on ,with easy access to the main sites, Penn Station, Macy's, Madison Sq gardens, and good choice of restaurants and Deli's to eat nearby. We also felt very safe to walk in the area during the evenings.
The service was top quality from all the staff, always ready to help. Internet service was free being a Intouch Kimpton member, no issues with speed at all.
A wonderful week that was made special by Kimpton, Eventi and their staff. Thank you!Wonderful hotel, recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
CxL0000 - So great to read that you and your husband enjoyed your time with us. Please come and see us more and more!
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had never been to New York before and we really had no idea what to expect of where would be best to stay. We decided to stay at the Eventi hotel for a week early April and it we were really glad that we did!

The location was perfect and it was so easy to get anywhere, in fact we were spoilt with the weather so we pretty much walked everywhere we went! Shops, restaurants, cafes, parks, theatres and Madison Square Garden were all on our doorstep so we were spoilt for choice.

The hotel itself was fantastic with the room being clean and comfortable with the most stunning view of The Empire State Building. The staff were friendly and the wine hour a real added bonus! Though Eventi offer complimentary hot drinks in the lobby in the mornings, the only slight downside of the hotel was the lack of tea-making facilities in the rooms. I feel with this the hotel would be perfect.

All-in-all a wonderful hotel which I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Davina P - So happy to read that you enjoyed your first trip to NYC and that your week with us at Eventi was just what you hoped for. We look forward to greeting you when you make it back state-side!
Burke, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the first time on Fri. 4/18/14. The 30th Street and 6th Ave. location could not have been more convenient because we were arriving in Manhattan via Penn station and were attending a concert at The Garden that evening. The one-night rate for the room was much higher than I would normally spend, but I know not out of line with other hotel rates in Manhattan. Plus, as I expected of a Kimpton hotel, the quality of service provided was amazing. If there was one opportunity for improvement I say the size of the room could have been larger. I appreciate that the room came with a yoga pad, but the limited free floor space made floor exercise almost impossible.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
AgostinoABurke_VA - Thanks for the review and the 5 out of 5 rating. We hope you enjoyed the Billy Joel concert you attended. Come and see us again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Just stayed at this hotel and as always, the Kimpton experience was unbeatable. The staff were very competent and pleasant. The 5 pm wine service was on the 2nd floor restaurant balcony bar, which was just gorgeous (and it was the best free wine I've ever had at a Kimpton). The rooms were large by NYC standards (especially the bathroom), the wifi was trouble-free, and all of the usual amenities were available (including a yoga mat, which was usable in the long hallway just inside the room).

We traveled there by train and Eventi is just two blocks down and one block over from Penn Station. Once there, we were very close to Broadway and all the tourist opportunities from there south (we were visiting places in Alphabet City, which was walkable from there). There's a great 24-hour deli across the street, and plenty of shopping around (Manhattan Mall is between the hotel and Penn Station, and there are plenty of local shops). The staff are happy to recommend hotels, make dinner reservations, and provide coupons for discounts. Once again, I'm 100% satisfied with my Kimpton experience.

Room Tip: Even on the 18th floor, you will hear some street noise, so ask for a high room if you think that wi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
kswygert - Well five star reviews sure do make us proud and happy. Thanks for the thorough review and we hope to see more of you this summer!

Been to Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!