“One of my favorite places to stay in NYC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   851 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue), New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Treat Yourself
Ranked #27 of 451 hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of my favorite places to stay in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Wonderful property, great locations steps from Penn station and the subway. Rooms are generously sized and well appointed. The gym is great. The size of the hotel feels welcoming, and the staff is kind.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1,955 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I recommend the Eventi for anyone going to NYC. Its great for business or personal trips. Why? They are a dying breed of hotel chain/location that actually does the small stuff for a client. I stay at Eventi at least 1-2 nights a month (and have the last 2 years). Everytime I go, I will be greeted with a smile and asking how my travel was. They'll ask if I need anything. Then, as an in touch member, I will usually be moved into a better room than I bought and I will have a $15 raid the minibar voucher to use. If I forget anything, I can call the desk and they will be right up with shaving cream, razor, deodorant, whatever I need.

• Stayed November 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is a terrific hotel for the following reasons (in no particular order): location, the rooms, staff and the restaurant. Location: five minutes from the Empire State Building, Macy's, Penn Station and the 34th Street subway. Rooms: big by NYC standards, nice big bathrooms, comfy bed, good closet space, NYTimes every morning and a room safe that is big enough for a laptop. Staff: friendly, efficient, helpful. I arrived at 1:30 a.m. after flight delays. Sarah checked me in very quickly so I could go straight to bed. Another helped me a few days later when I had trouble printing my boarding pass. Restaurant: I had breakfast and dinner at Humphrey's. Lots of choice and they do a nice job with fish dishes. Join the Kimpton InTouch program and they give you free wifi.

This was my second stay at a Kimpton property and they are now my first choice when I'm in the US. I'm looking forward to my next stay at the Eventi!

One suggestion: a little more light in the rooms would make it easier to read.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I've just come back from 5 nights at the Eventi. My husband and I went to celebrate his 50th birthday. I emailed the hotel before arriving saying that this was a special trip and our first time to NY. They emailed back immediately saying that they would endeavour to make it memorable. The hotel did a superb job. We had a fantastic corner room on the 20th floor with great views including the Empire State building. They had also left for us a bottle of champagne, cake and a lovely note wishing my husband a happy birthday. Nothing was too much trouble at the Eventi. The staff were helpful; the food was delicious and the wine tasting hour was superb. It's location is great - just half a mile from the Empire State. We would highly recommend the Eventi.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is my second visit to the Eventi. The first visit, about 18 months ago was wonderful. I had no complaints. This second visit may have been a tad better, which is hard to accomplish since the first visit was so great. I can't get over how efficient and professional this hotel is. The front desk staff are friendly but really want you to enjoy your visit. Victoria, especially, was a pure joy.

The rooms are spacious as are the bathrooms, especially for Manhattan. The beds are comfortable and there is good water pressure in the showers.

The location is perfect for us. Close to Penn Station and easy to subway down to Chinatown or up to the theatre district.

Also, if you sign up as an In Touch member, you will receive emails about specials they often have. Kimpton will also honor any price reductions that happen after you make your initial reservation.

I love the Hotel Eventi and would stay there again.

Room Tip: A higher room (on the odd numbered side) should get you a view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was our first time at the Eventi and they made it quite special. A truly wonderful hotel with exceptional staff and first rate service. We went for a special occasion and they made sure our stay was fantastic and they went out of their way to show us an excellent time with some extra perks and touches.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

First off, I love Kimptons. However, months ago we booked this weekend in NYC at another hotel because I have always wanted to try it. The week before my dog has an issue come up that made boarding difficult, so our decision was either cancel or find a dog friendly hotel. Enter Eventi. We had the best time and our 75 lb lab did too. She was totally welcome and we were even able to leave her in our room uncrated while we went down to the hotel restaurant for dinner & drinks with friends.

Totally accommodating, modern design and amenities, free wine hour, ideal Chelsea location for a lot less than other hotels.

Eventi is now our first choice for NYC hotels!

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!