“Another great stay at the Eventi!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   851 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue), New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #30 of 452 hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Another great stay at the Eventi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I just completed our yearly November weekend trip to New York. This is the third year staying at a Kimpton, and the second year at the Eventi. The location is great, and within walking distance to most of the places we go. But if you are going a little further, it is an easy cab ride, or if the traffic is bad, the subway is just two blocks away. The hotel is really nice, large rooms, comfortable beds, good closets, and quiet. We had a great view of the Empire State Building. And, as always, the staff at the Eventi are really wonderful, friendly and helpful. Can't wait until next year.
R. Wilson

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1,981 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I did not spend too much time in the Eventi, but the interactions I had with staff and the room itself (a Premier One Bedroom Suite) were excellent. The Eventi gave us a very favorable room rate as part of a wedding block, and, somewhat to my surprise, did not bat a entity eyelash when basically all of our guests chose other hotels.

Of course my interactions with staff could have been shaped by our event, but check-in was smooth, concierge service (glasses for groomsmen whiskey) was prompt and efficient, and the porter who helped us with our bags of wedding materials and midnight snacks at 1:00 am was great. In particular, the bathroom was excellent, with very good counter space, a frequent issue for me and my now-wife.

My only regret was that none of the men and women downstairs knew how to tie a bow tie, but then again, neither did any of gentlemen, and I got it eventually. Again, I did not pay attention to as much as I should have and was only at the hotel for a short period of time, but I would happily recommend the Eventi to friends or stay there again myself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dont_Stop_Believing, Great handle! Thanks so much for the 5 star review - we are so happy that you enjoyed your time here with us at Eventi. Come and see more of us this winter!
Somerville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Eventi has become our NYC home away from home. Always super clean and fresh smelling rooms coupled with a friendly staff, great style, free wine hour and convenient location. A couple of very minor disappointments on this visit:
1) windows were very dirty
2) Bigelow amenities instead of Etro. I consider Etro to be higher end AND they are not made in China.
3) on site restaurants are once again in a state of flux. Staff directed us to the Breslin at the Ace Hotel for a great brunch. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2013
Mark-in-Boston, Cool name, we love Beantown and we have some great Kimpton Hotel's up there. Hey thanks for the thoughtful review and for taking the time to share with others. We look forward to seeing more and more of you.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've stayed at the Eventi several times and have to say, I felt the service a bit off this last trip. No doubt, the hotel is in a great location. A perfect midtown location. But, I found the front desk to be less than responsive and the room to be a bit tired. I stayed in a suite, and by NYC standards, it had a great amount of space. However, the furnishings looked worn. However, it was clean. All in all, a nice place to stay, but certainly no WOW factor here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
nhb27612 ,
We want you to come back and stay with us and we are certain we will WOW you. Thanks for the review and we hope we have the chance to see you this winter.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I has never heard of the Eventi until a few days before our visit. My GF, who hates almost all hotels chose it and despite it being in a location I would never have chosen it was the hotel I booked. I am beyond pleased that I did! The location was perfect for our brief stay. Convenient for everything! The staff was exceptional. Our corner room had killer views of the ESB and the Freedom Tower down 6th. The price was not cheap but it was fair for the room and the view. I'm a convert and my GF was happy! Life is good. We do not get to NYC too often but when we do we will be staying at the Eventi!

Room Tip: Request a corner room on a high floor. The views are amazing!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom G,
Boom - A five star review - those sure make us smile! Thanks so much for the review and for your support. We look forward to seeing you more often.
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great Service Clean Hotel Good Food

We just spent a night here and it was great! The service was great, the hotel was clean, and we where surprised at how good our room service was! I mean it was still room service but a good dinner in bed beats dinner out on a busy NY night. It was a special day for us too and when we walked into the room there was a bottle of wine, chocolates, and a hand written note on the desk! How Cool!

We will be coming back!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 16th floor and could see the empire state building!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kwag343,
It sure sounds like you had a special evening! We hope that you come back and celebrate many special occasions with us - see you soon!
baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am a convert. For years I have been coming to NY with children for weekends and short trips and always stayed at The Palace Hotel, which we loved. Last summer when our daughter took a short course at FIT, we looked for a hotel close to the school and ended up at Eventi. In several trips since, we have become extremely fond of the hotel both for the warm and helpful staff and for the superb location--a few blocks to the train station and easy access to various parts of the city. After more than one anxious afternoon at the Palace waiting (several times for nearly an hour) during rush hour to get a cab to the train station, being at Eventi and simply walking 3 blocks to catch a train is unbelievably stress-reducing. The rooms are clean and modern with
extremely comfortable beds. One bedroom suites with lounge area are excellent for privacy and really provide a spacious amount of room for a Manhattan hotel. Views from floor to ceiling windows are also quite nice.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite with sofabed in 2104 is superb.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
thorin-co,
Thanks so much for the glowing recommendation - we greatly appreciate it! Next time you come to NYC, we hope you will choose us again. See you soon!

Been to Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!