“Parents Anniversary” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   851 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue), New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Early And Save
Ranked #28 of 458 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Parents Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have to preface this review by telling everyone that it was my parents who stayed here (they don't have a tripadvisor account - I booked the hotel for them based on the other reviews I read. They thoroughly enjoyed their stay!! Upon arriving they were greeted very graciously, and when they told the front desk that they were in NYC for their anniversary, he upgraded them to a city view suite WITH champagne - what incredible service! They stayed here from July 14th-16th, and had nothing but positive things to say about the decor, the rooms/cleanliness, and the staff. Thanks for making their weekend so spectacular!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I just returned from a staycation and decided on this hotel amongst several other options. I must say I was pleasantly surprised from the time I reached the front desk to check in to my departing in-room meal. The staff was warm and friendly, a rarity for NYC. The room was modern, clean, stylish and views picturesque. I must thank Jose for setting up that experience. It was close enough for a touristy point of view but far enough for a new yorker just looking for a mini getaway. I will definitely be back and highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights starting on 9th July as part of our honeymoon trip. Greeted by warm and friendly staff on arrival. Hotel looked very modern and clean.

We were upgraded to different room as well as some complimentary bubbly / chocs which was lovely - great start to our honeymoon. Unfortunately were so busy exploring didnt get chance to drink it.

Room very spacious, clean, great views. Bed was so comfy and cleaned everyday.

Didnt get chance to go to wine hour etc

Overall fabulous stay at top hotel in great location - thank you def be back.

Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The location can't be beat! The hotel is just a couple of blocks away from Penn station as well as a block from several subway lines. The hotel looked and felt very new and clean. The only downside was the room was fairly small but that's to be expected in NY I guess. This was our tenth anniversary and the front desk promised us champagne or something to mark the occasion but alas nothing was provided (and we had no expectations). Would we stay again? We previously stayed at the Sofitel and both hotels were equivalent (maybe the Sofitel had larger rooms) with Sofitel being more expensive so I'd say this was slightly better value than the Sofitel.

• Stayed September 2012
Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I just returned from my second stay at Eventi. This trip was with two girlfriends and my first stay, in June, 2013, was with my husband.

During both stays, I received excellent service, complete with smiles, from Patrick and Kevin. On each visit, we were allowed us to check in early and had really nice rooms. This weekend we were on the top floor (23), which was amazing and quiet. At my last stay, we were upgraded to a suite which was a delightful surprise.

I'd also like to give a shout out to Desiree, Brenda, and Gabriella, who over the course of both stays helped arrange champagne, wine, and cupcakes for us.

This hotel is less than a 10 minute walk from NY Penn Station. I think it's super convenient and walkable to a lot of places. If not, the subway isn't too far and cabs are plentiful.

The hotel is clean and contemporary. I love the free wine hour from 5-6. I also love the free wireless if you sign up to be a Kimpton member and the free "raid the minibar" credit. At Eventi, it is a $15 credit. Late night Oreos and M&Ms anyone?

And did I mention the bed? It was super comfortable with quality bedding. I slept like a baby.

Next time you're in NY, book a room at Eventi. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I travel to NYC every other year as this is the greatest city on earth. This property is customer focused and has paid attention to the details every traveler considers important. The bed and pillows are notable. The staff and daily complementary wine from 5-6 ads a special touch. Ive stayed in 5-6 different properties in NYC and the Eventi is by far the best. Given the nature of my travel history I will undoubtedly select another property on my next visit however it will be hard to beat the experience left by this amazing property, staff, and location.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a corner room was worth the extra cost. Great pictures.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheektowaga, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Took my husband to NY for a early birthday gift to see Tom Hanks in "Lucky Guy"-we thought that would be the best part of our trip but we were just as pleased at The Eventi! The moment you enter the hotel the staff is professional and friendly!-Of course we can't say enough about Gabriella(Front desk manager)your staff is as good as your leader! The Hotel is upscale and modern,the rooms are well maintained,comfy bed,nice marble bathroom with a huge shower!Don't miss the wine reception-nice chance to just sit and relax before dinner.We tell everyone what a great hotel The Eventi is and can't wait to return!Thanks to everyone for such a great stay!!

Room Tip: We were on the 22nd floor fantastic view of Empire State Building
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!