“great location, great views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   851 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue), New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Early And Save
Ranked #33 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
hampshire
“great location, great views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

we stayed in a 1 bed suite, and it was gorgeous.
we first tayed on the 10th floor, but the view wasnt great, so i asked for a room with a better view. they changed us to the 15th floor, and was facing east. the view was much better, and i had a good view of the street below, and the iconic constant stream of yellow cabs. The bathroom was beautiful. first rate, would def recommend it

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
mandi101,
Well thanks for the 5 star review! How fun that you stayed in a one-bedroom suite, we love those rooms and the showers with the soaking tubs. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Fantastic hotel -- we arrived at 9AM and they found us a room on the top floor! They anticipated our needs and were friendly from hello to goodbye! Spacious room for New York with every amenity you could ask for.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DCandbeyond,
Thanks for the 5 star review. So happy to read we were able to get you into a room early and you felt the love while here with the Eventi team. Hope to see more and more of you!
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My Wife and I stayed at the Eventi over the weekend. The staff was very welcoming on check-in. When I made my reservation, I included in the details that my Wife was pregnant and we wanted to be somewhere a bit quieter if possible. Kevin, who checked us in, took note of this and took extra care to make sure we were somewhere she wouldn't be disturbed.

The room was fantastic, great views, the bed was extremely comfortable and cool bathroom. We will definitely return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ES227,
Thanks so much for the glowing review. We are so happy to read that Kevin took great care of you and that you and your wife had a lovely weekend.
Howell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here Christmas Eve, with my 2 boxers. Staff was welcoming, accommodating, and super friendly. Room was clean and bed was comfy. Only thing that could use improving was breakfast Christmas morning, service was very slow, and pricey! Would definitely stay here again, especially because they are pet friendly and still clean!

Room Tip: Pay extra to have a room higher up with a nicer view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Popl9425,
Thanks so much for staying with us through the holidays and glad you found everyone very welcoming. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!
Beverly, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were welcomed with a bottle of wine and box of chocolates as we stayed here to celebrate a special anniversary. The staff were friendly and helpful. We needed 2 rooms to accommodate our family of five.One was on the 20th floor and one on the 8th. I highly recommend a room on an upperfloor that faces 6th Avenue as the view of the Empire State Building was spectacular. The 8th floor room was on the opposite side of the hotel and faced a large TV screen across a plaza.The rooms were comfortable. It was a ten minute walk to the 23rd Street shops and restaurants. There was free on-street parking and complimentary coffee in the morning in front of the fireplace were great additions to our stay. I would highly recommend this and any Kimpton Hotel. They really know how to treat their guests!

Room Tip: Rooms facing 6th floor and high up have better view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Simply put Kimpton gets it. They fully get customer service. I have stayed at a few locations and each time I have been impressed with the friendliness of staff, efforts taken to go far beyond the norm, and to provide for a great stay. I now make it a point to see if Kimpton has a property for my destination. In this case a business trip took me to New York and when I found the Eventi was close by, I made a reservation without even looking who else was close by. Once again, from the greeting at the desk upon check in, to the offers for restaurant suggestions, beers delivered when they learned I was going to stay in and the fabulous room, Kimpton has reminded me what it's like to receive outstanding service. While Ritz Carlton has a book on service, Kimpton delivers on it. It is refreshing to deal with a company who clearly has a focus and it shows. Employees must be treated well, as they are all so wonderful. Nice job Rob (property manager) and your team. I will be back and I will be telling all my friends and clients about another fantastic experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Paul P,
Wow - thanks so much for your amazing review. We look forward to providing our guests with down to earth exceptional service for years to come. We hope to see more and more of you!
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

After much debating where to stay on this trip to NYC, I decided to try Eventi for the first time. It's in a great location, just blocks from Herald Square, Penn Station, Madison Square Gardens and very accessible to several Subway stops. I had booked a City View Deluxe King Room and even sprung for the upgraded Empire State Building view. It ended up being a room on the 22nd floor (out of 23 floors) with a great view, although you had to look out a side window to really see the Empire State Builiding. I got the sense over my 4 night visit that the hotel was pretty busy. The wine cocktail hour is a nice benefit for Kimpton Hotels and this is in the second floor restaurant/bar area with full window view of the courtyard in back. I'm sure the courtyard would be very enjoyable in nicer weather (not January weather). The room was an average size for an upgraded room (roughly about 275-300 sq ft). As with most Kimpton's, the bathroom was great with a huge shower and rainfall faucet.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay and I would certainly choose to come back. I was pleased to get a NY Times every morning. Even so-called "higher-end" hotels seem to have cut back on morning Newspapers. My one gripe with this room (and I'll be honest I never did mention it to the front desk) was that the digital signal for the TV in the room was messed up every day; about the only channel you could reliably watch without a pixillated screen was ESPN. Granted, I didn't visit NYC to watch much television, but I do like to watch a bit of the news channels, usually just a few minutes in the mornings and at night before bed to catch up on the news when I'm traveling.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
BranNewareatl,
Hey thanks! What a detailed review and we are pumped to be your new favorite hotel! We are sorry to read about those TV issues, but we ensure you we have fixed that concern. Hope to see more and more of you!

Been to Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!