“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   851 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue), New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Early And Save
Ranked #37 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
hamilton
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a truly great hotel. Everybody who works here is really nice. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Shower and bathroom are huge. Whoever said this was far from everything is completely wrong. Everything is close. Next time we go to NY I will not hesitate to stay here.

HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
theklingon,
Boom! 5 star reviews make us so happy! We agree with you that we have an amazing group of people here at Eventi. It truly is a pleasure for all of us to come to work and be a part of such a great team. We hope to see more and more of you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Turkish first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Arrived from a delayed flight to be greeted warmly by the reception staff. My girlfriend was given an "I love NY" tshirt on arrival as it was her first time in the city, a nice gesture. We were upgraded free of charge to a 20th story city view room from which the view was spectacular.

A bottle of sparkling wine on ice, fresh strawberries and a hand written card from the manager awaited us.

Room service was efficient, extremely professional and the food was excellent. Room was spacious with all normal amenities. Only downside was the WIFI which is not free, but was very fast. Bath robes included, cleaning was immaculate, mini bar was well stocked.

The location is a little further South than some of the mainstream hotels. The alley to the side of the building is full of parked police cars, but was poorly lit and we tried not to use it. However, walking time to Times Square is 10 minutes and we found the location to be excellent overall.

I would definitely stay again and at other Kimpton hotels. Excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade when you book - we did!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've also stayed at Kimpton's 70 Park Avenue and Ink48, and for sheer comfort and amenities, I prefer the Eventi. Also, the location is great -- the complaints about the location must be from people not familiar with Manhattan, because the Eventi is about a 10-15 minutes walk from lots of great places (Eataly, Gramercy Tavern, the Stumptown in the Ace Hotel, etc.) or a train that will take you directly where you want to go.

Compared to many other NYC hotels I've stayed in, the bathroom is huge. The shower is a huge walk-in deal with a full-size rainshower head. Even though the room is compact, it is well-organized with a generously sized closet to tuck away your suitcase and clothes. Beds and pillows are extremely comfortable,and I didn't find noise to be an issue at all.

I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
aschie30,
We couldn't agree with you more - we love it here! Thanks so much for the detailed review of your recent stay with us. We look forward to seeing more of you in 2013!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

From the moment we pulled up to the Eventi hotel we were impressed. Check in was a breeze, the rooms were perfect, clean, spacious for nyc, and there was even a window to partially open (try finding that in nyc), and great for some fresh December air.

The property is only about 3 years old so everything is fresh and clean, but the staff is well seasoned and professional. On par with the other Kimpton properties we have visited.

We stayed for two nights and truely enjoyed this hotel, we will go out of our way to stay here in Manhattan from now on.

Room Tip: Rooms face the Empire State Building on one side, and a massive tv screen on the other. I would rec...
My-Life-I-Sought,
Love it - 5 star reviews are so much fun to read! It is so great to read that you will be staying with us going forward when you hit NYC. Hope to see you soon!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Working in the hotel industry I always hesitate in writing reviews as I tend to be quite forthcoming...

I booked the Eventi on the recommendation of a colleague based from Boston as he knew the team quite well and recommended the hotel.

So here goes...

Making the booking was by far the easiest thing to do the rate was competitive and the hotel superb for our trip.

Reception was cool, calm and welcoming and offered complimentary Tea & Coffee each morning in the lounge area which was great while waiting for a cab, or in my case my other half to get out the shower (take away cups meant I was down and back in no time)

The concierge/front desk team (and I have to mention Marco) were fantastic. Marco was most helpful as I had a suprise Christmas Present and was also proposing to my partner, in making arrangements for lunch and for helping make the room feel all christmas like. MARCO you were a super star, and I cant thank you enough.

So we had a great room 2115 with its own sitting room and whirlpool/jacuzzi bath big enough for two. The views of the city and the Empire State Building were phenomenal and really spectacular at sunrise and sunset.

Room service was quick and efficient and enjoyable on the one evening we ordered.

I really dont have anything else to say except that this hotel is great for getting around its easily walking distance to Macy's, West Village, Chelsea and so much more

Room Tip: High floor if you can and dont forget tea and coffee in the morning
GlobalOrbitz,
Wow - We heard from Marco that you really enjoyed your stay, but thanks so much for sharing. It is so heartwarming to read such great reviews. Thanks so much and Happy 2013!
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have never written a review - anywhere. Given that I am on the road traveling on business many days each month, I have had more than one occasion where I thought about writing about this restaurant or that hotel but never got passed the thinking stage. I stayed at the Eventi with my family over the holidays and we had our dog along. Let me just say this from the start, the staff at the hotel set the bar for service. I have never, in 20 plus years of traveling, enjoyed such great service. I have stayed at every high priced hotel imaginable around the world - Asia, Latin America, Europe and almost twice a month, in New York. The Eventi staff made us feel like we were the only people at the hotel and my kids were thrilled to be treated so genuinely well. We had a room on the 21st floor I believe and the view was perfect - Empire State Building. Keep up the great work - I will be back every chance I get. Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
KMNDC,
We are honored we are your first online review, and 5 outta 5 stars to boot! Thanks so much for sharing with us and fellow travelers. We hope to have a happy and healthy 2013!
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

stayed here for 11 days for business and personal trip. the hotel isnt located exactly in the heart of nyc, but still there r subway stations, diners, drug marts all nearby. staffs r nice, room is clean and clean. if i were to go to nyc again, i would definitely choose eventi again.
just one minor problem, i cant find mtv channel... other tha that, everything's perfect...

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
tc0411,
Who wouldn't love being called PERFECT? Thanks so much and Happy New Year! We hope to see more and more of you for years to come.