“Great hotel, great staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   851 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue), New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Early And Save
Ranked #30 of 453 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Great hotel, great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Kimpton Eventi is a great hotel, very nice rooms with nice views, a nice location, and great staff. One thing that seems to stand out with Kimpton hotels, and especially the Eventi, is the friendly,knowledgable, and professional staff. I was on a short business trip, accompanied by my wife. Right on Sixth ave, and an easy ride or walk to shopping and Times square. Our room was on the 17th floor, with corner views looking up and down Sixth Ave. And the bed was so comfortable, better than home. We had a great time, and can't wait to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Rw0000,
Hey thanks so much for your glowing review! It makes us so happy to read that you found our staff to be so great - we couldn't agree with you more! We hope to be your NYC home away from home when you make it down from Amherst.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Turkish first
lebanon, nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

From the welcome at the front desk, to the last moment, this stay was great. Service was prompt, always with a smile and pleasant greetings, everyone let us know they wanted to be of service to make our stay tops. My room had a view of the Empire State Building and it was lovely at night. Room very clean, best hotel bed I've had in a very long time, bathroom luxurious...amenities high quality.
They take making women traveling alone feel comfortable and safe very seriously.
Concierge service guided us to fabulous steak house and gave us easy directions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
carlaqLebanon_Nh,
Thanks so much for the 5 star review. So happy to found everything perfect and to your liking. Next time we are coming with you to that great steakhouse! Have a lovely Thanksgiving!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The bed was comfortable, bathroom amazing, Kimpton Rewards coupon for minibar and the free WiFI appreciated. Also, the air in the room was amazing, but I could not have the air conditioning/heat on at night because something in the unit was rattling. So could not use as white noise.

We purchased room via Snique Away and I bought the 12th floor deluxe view room. We made one special request and that was that we only had one night in NYC and it was my daughters first time, so said we'd love the Empire State building view BUT I am also very sensitive to sound (thus the view room purchase) and specifically requested not to be next to elevator and clearly stated that our sound avoidance needs trumped desire for view. So despite this request, we ere put in a room directly in front of the elevators, not backed up to them, so I thought maybe it would be OK and didn't request to be changed. As it turns out, the elevators were not the problem; we were also next to some shaft and in the middle of the night there was this awful banging sound that went on and on. I don't know if it was pipes or something else changing temperature, but it woke me up and kept me up for quite some time. We were on the 23rd floor and directly across from the elevator, 2305 I believe. If you want a quiet room, I would ask to avoid being next to any shafts, elevator or otherwise.

Room Tip: Avoid any and all shafts! Empire State Building view was great to have.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
eemserms,
How fun! So happy to read you had a nice mother and daughter trip here in NYC. Hope to see you again next time you ladies are on the east coast!
North Little Rock, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I took a girls trip to NY and stayed here. We had a phenomenal experience! The staff made us feel very safe. They were friendly and very knowledgeable. The rooms were great!! The spa was amazing! This is definitely a place I would stay again!

• Stayed November 2012
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
hou35365,
Thanks! Its great to read you and your ladies had a great time. Make sure to come stay with us again when you are celebrating, or just because! Can't wait to see ya.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Lobby and elevators smell like bad cologne...they have candles going on. that might be it. Checked in..had to have someone come up and change the clock time. I could not figure that out nor could he. Television pixilating...front desk did not even know the hotel offers HBO and not knowledgable on a thing. Maintenance fixes tv...MY comforter had holes in it...feathers flying everywhere. Had to ask that be replaced. Room service not bad...not great food. Pass on the happy hour and breakfast they are comping....so mediocre from the wine..and taste of food...complimentary for a reason. Checking out. I cite that Room Service is not on the bill. Sorry they can't help but I will need to call later and get an accurate bill. Guess what I am traveling on business...they made this hard on me and easy on them. I need an accurate receipt to expense...again...easy on them hard on me. Clock never worked right..not lit...could not see.
Again, people great...bathrooms good. But if you want a tub, be sure to ask. funky contemporary shower.
If you want okay...this is it.

Room Tip: Ask about a bathroom with tub.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Elwanda E,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. It sure seems like we really did miss with your stay. I assure you all of your feedback will be taken to our team leaders and we will iron out the kinks. Still need a copy of your final bill? If so give me a ring at 646 794 6804 and give me your info please. Thanks!
Basel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at the hotel right after Hurricane Sandy. I pre-paid it for the NYC Marathon that didn't take place. The hotel is new and its room spacious with a huge bathroom with marble tub/floor. We stayed at its 1-bedroom suite. It has a pull out sofa - a nice added option. Overall, I liked the hotel and its friendly staff. But the staff and their manager were not empowered to make decisions and they could not authorize me to checkout early with refund even though the marathon was cancelled and lots of people needed a room. Unlike other luxury boutique hotel that I stayed and liked, the staff in Eventi didn't have as much pride and ownership.

Back to the atmosphere. The lobby is small and basic and bar on second floor but both are not as fun and lively compared to the neighbor hotel NoMad. Also, skip the Eventi hotel breakfast and head to Andaz hotel cafe across from the Main Public Library for breakfast i.e. melt in your mouth souffle pancakes and great vibe! And I agreed with the other reviewer that expansive water in the room is unnecessary.

The hotel spa was below average. We went there because it was convenient. But it was super small (2 chairs sitting) and no 'space' to relax. more or less a 'in and out' thing but sadly the massage my friend and I received was not really good. Save your money and skip the spa.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom suite is more spacious and has a pullout sofa.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
WorldTravelerBasel,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I wanted to make sure you knew that all folks that either cancelled late (day of) or left early specifically due to the marathon were awarded a gift certificate for a future stay. Glad you liked the room and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to NYC.
Co Down
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Put a lot of thought into this trip as it was my wife's 'surprise' 50th Birthday treat. In the event I very nearly cancelled due to the awful effect of Hurricane Sandy and the uncertainty of what we would find, but the hotel gave me assurances by telephone that they were almost functioning at 100%. We were so pleased that we went ahead. The staff in the hotel were very pleasant and friendly -- and genuine, not 'have a nice day' whoever you are style. We had some very interesting chats and they had some stories to tell of the impact of the storm on themselves and friends --- but all were very positive and there was also a nice friendly atmosphere among guests who included forlorn marathon runners and some refugees and their dogs. The hotel is tremendously relaxed. We were in an incredible 20th floor room overlooking both 6th Avenue and 29th Street. Just lovely and comfortable. The bed was one of the best ever. It was certainly more spacious than other hotel rooms in big cities that we've been in. We became regulars at the evening Wine Reception and studiously managed three glasses each and also availed of the tea/coffee at reception each morning; though we did miss not having tea or coffee in the room which is after all the norm in UK hotels. Not wanting to deviate from our affection for this hotel, we do want to mention a few other aspects that may be worth consideration by the management: having to pay premium prices for drinking water in the bedroom seemed just a little mean; we didn't really enjoy the breakfast - eggs were quite runny with a strange tang and the sitting area was cold; the hairdryer had a very short cable and there was nowhere in the room really suitable to use it with a mirror; while there were dressing gowns, there were no slippers -- thick socks which served as slippers were hanging in the cupboard and could be purchased, but it's just that any hotel we have been in with robes have also had basic slippers. Oh and by the way we had a brilliant time in New York - we adored the New Yorkers who are for sure among the friendliest, warmest and most genuine people in the world. A strange time to be a tourist and we felt a little guilty to be enjoying our holiday so much when many were struggling with their daily lives!!! .

Room Tip: a higher floor for the views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TravelluverCoDown,
Your review is so impactful to us, thanks so much for your review and the 5 stars! We will be looking at all of your feedback and thank you for braving forward with your plans despite the challenging travel due to the hurricane. Come and celebrate with us more!

Been to Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!