“From bad to fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   851 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue), New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel packages
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“From bad to fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was traveling on business and chose this hotel for its location and design. However, my initial experience was not a good one. The hotel had "maintenance" issues and had overbooked. As a result they had to send me to a sister property elsewhere in the city. It was quite nice and they paid for my transportation expenses. They also had informed me that I would be upgraded to a suite for my inconvenience.

The next day, I had been told that the previous quest had smoked in the room and it wasn't ready when I returned to check in. This, of course, was no fault of the hotel's. Adriana and her colleague (I forget his name) were extremely gracious and apologetic about the incident.

The suite they gave was outstanding. They also sent bottled water and chocolates as a gift. They even went above and beyond when I realized I left my phone charger at home. Adriana's colleague took time out on his break and purchased a new charge on behalf of the hotel.

Although my stay started badly, the level of service was outstanding. It's a beautifully designed, modern space. The rooms are extremely comfortable and stylish. A perfect spot for relaxing after a long day in the city. More importantly, is the amount of attention they give their guests.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to NYC on business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
EventiNewYork, Manager at Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear Kurt 1835,

Thank you for this review. Reading your review my emotions moved from regret about your first impression, to happiness that your stay ended on a good note. I am happy that you enjoyed our level of service, hotel design, and our comfy rooms. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Have an Eventiful Day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Turkish first
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Worth the money. The whole Kimpton group hotels offer a lot for the money. Rooms in general are larger than in other hotels, there is always complimentary coffee available in the morning and there is a wine happy hour in the evening in the lobby.
The interior is very stylish, their restaurants offer a small, but very nice selection of food.
Hint: sign to the loyality programme and you will get WIFI for free as well as a voucher of USD 15 to raid the mini bar. In addition, continental breakfast is often for free as well.

Very, very friendly staff. Rare to find.
Very stylish bar and restaurant

The only thing we were missing was the pool. SInce it was very hot, an outdoor pool would have been nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
EventiNewYork, Manager at Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear Sharkdive1,

Thank you for this great review and for being a loyal Kimpton guest. I pleased that you enjoyed our, friendly staff, hotel design, restaurant, complimentary coffee/tea, and wine hour.

Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I had to travel last-minute to NYC to attend a family funeral, and I needed a comfortable refuge from the stress, (and from the August heat, as well). I'd never stayed at a Kimpton hotel, but now I am a convert. The Eventi was, by and large, the best hotel experience I've had in NYC.

I was booked in a King room, but was upgraded to a City-view King Deluxe Room at no charge. My view from the 16th floor was beautiful, with the Empire State Building looking magnificent from my floor-to-ceiling windows. The room was modern, but not cold. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the overstuffed pillows allowed me to sleep peacefully. The marble-floored bathroom was large, and the dual shower heads were an extra treat. The room was only about 300 sq. feet, which is larger than most NYC rooms. However, it never felt cramped.

Every person with whom I had contact was friendly and professional. I've met some rude workers in some NYC hotels, but the staff at the Eventi went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The hotel has a free wine "happy hour" every day outside on their lovely 5th-floor terrace. While I only was able to attend once, the staff was friendly, and I met some nice guests while sipping wine and taking in the lovely view.

If I'm going to quibble, the central-air conditioner was a bit loud in the room. When it was off, the room was so quiet that I never would have known I was in New York City. There was a mistake regarding the honor bar on my bill as I checked out, but when I mentioned it to the front desk, it was rectified immediately without question.

When I return to NYC, or anywhere there is a Kimpton hotel, I will make it my first choice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We loved the room (a suite), the Frette linens, the rainhead shower, wine on the 5th floor terrace, coffee in the morning, the restaurant. Everything is new. We could walk up to Times Square (15 blocks) and down or across to Gramercy Park and Washington Square Park (about 20 blocks). I hate staying in Times Square and this was very convenient. Note, you have to walk 2-3 blocks to get to major retail, so it is different than staying near Central Park where you can fall out of bed and land in a Zara.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Pvbbeachgirl,

Thank you for this fantastic review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed our Frette linens, rainfall shower, wine hour, restaurant , our complimentary coffee and our location -by the way, I too feel the same about Times Square. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed here in June 2011 and found the hotel offered everything we needed. Rooms were smallish but who goes to New York to stay in their room?Location for Chelsea is perfect but it's a bit of a walk to midtown and the theatres. Close to subways which was good but lots of track construction meant train cancellations. Not easy to follow if you're not from NYC.

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Zoobabu,

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you especially enjoyed our helpful staff and location. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Eventi Hotel for our anniversary weekend and were extremely happy with the hotel. We called to let the hotel know that we would be arriving late, and they were waiting and so friendly as soon as we arrived.
The room was really nice with a view of the Empire state building and was very clean. Bed was really comfortable, and for New York it was a good size room.
Evening wine receptions were nice, but not open long. It would have been nice to be able to stay out on the patio at night.
Only complaint was that the patio wasn't open at night and it was quite small. If you want a seat, arrive at the start of the reception. The other down fall is that there is nothing to eat after 10. For a city that never sleeps ... get your snack before you go back to the hotel! Overall, it was a really great stay and worth every penny.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Love the Kimpton hotels and this one did not disappoint! Great location and helpful staff. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a corner room