“Clean, modern, professional.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   851 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue), New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel packages
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Clean, modern, professional.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Kimpton Hotels have a reputation for having small rooms, but this one had a pretty decently-sized room and a HUGE bathroom. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't gigantic, but it had plenty of room for my Wife and I to stay for 3 nights.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful; we stayed here for our honeymoon and were greeted with a chilling bottle of champagne and some fresh fruit. Very nice.

The room itself was very modern, clean, and well appointed. It had floor-to-cieling windows and a great view of the city.

The hotel has a large balcony area on the 5th/6th floor which is surprisingly relaxing and a great feature when you are tired of a zillion crazy New Yorkers.

The location is pretty convenient to a lot of places, including subway lines.

The price is decent for NYC; we've certainly paid more and gotten way less, but it's not super cheap.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
EventiNewYork, Manager at Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
DearDavetron5000,

Thank you for this great review! I am delighted that you chose us to celebrate your honeymoon and that your stay was enjoyable. I am especially happy that you were delighted with the special treat placed in your room, as well as, the design of the room and the terrace. I would like to encourage you to join theKimpton InTouch Guest Loyalty program, where you can receive personalized stays, a Raid the Mini Bar card, recognition, rewards, exclusive offers, and so much more! Plus it’s free! I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Eugenia Simons, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Turkish first
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Definitely enjoyed staying here. Was in a great location for walking-many stores, including Macy's - was only a short walk away. Room was a good size and very clean. Bathroom was large. Had great service from the hotel staff as well. Would definitely stay here again, as well as recommend to a friend.

• Stayed July 2011
Dear MI Trip Girl,

Thank you for this great review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am especially happy that you enjoyed the service offered and the size of the room. I would like to encourage you, if you have not already, to become a Kimpton InTouch Member, where you can receive special discounts and personalized stays. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I spent a long weekend at the Eventi with my spouse in a superior King - room 1418. Is was a corner room with city view. We arrived early and they allowed us to check in early. The room was spacious, the bed perfect. I was a little surprised at how fixings in the bathroom and the furniture was all banged up. For a luxury 4*, it was unfortunate that they don't provide complementary slippers, and trying to sell me sox for $15 was a bit weird! In the room they have designer bottled water which is over the top expensive! The bathrobe was nice. The wireless Internet is free, if you sign up for their points plan and it's fast. The hotel is in a super location. The reception personnel were sheer pleasure and their car service to the airport was excellent (Germaine was super!). I appreciated the complementary refreshing water available at reception, but it was too bad that the hotel doesn't offer coffee/tea-making facility in room. First thing in the morning the last thing you want to do is get all dressed up to go to the lobby to grab a coffee... While I'm sure that the daily evening wine reception would be nice, it was always way too early for us... All in all, however, we appreciated our stay and the attention we received.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
EventiNewYork, Manager at Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear Rivoruss,

Thank you for your comments. I am happy that you enjoyed our bed, free internet access as a Kimpton InTouch Member, and the car service provided. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the room provided and the location of our hotel. However, I regret that you were displeased with the timing of our wine hour and the lack of coffee/tea kettles in the room. We do offer coffee/tea makers upon request. Please let us know if you visit again so that we can have this amenity set up in your room. I hope that you would give us another opportunity to make this up to you. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Rooms: Clean, modern and comfortable in every way. Beds and pillows were awesome. Bathrooms great-showers rock.
Lobby/Bar/: Fun, clean, modern-great atmosphere.
Green Theme: They make excellent efforts to conserve energy, water and recycle. It's subtle and it makes you think.
Free wine on the terrace every night, it's relaxing and actually excellent wine.
Staff was incredible. Shout out to James in Security and Julien at the Concierge. We were in town for a bachelorette party. Upon arrival we had champagne in our rooms and James took care of us at night. Even sending up OJ and fruit on our last morning.
Best bang for your buck. If you have "champagne tastes on a beer budget", stay here. You'll get your fix! I won't stay anywhere else in NYC. Plan to stay at a Kimpton whenever I can!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Empire State Bldg!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
EventiNewYork, Manager at Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Dear Jedgar0314,

I cannot stop smiling when reading your review. Thank you so much for these great comments! I am really happy that you enjoyed our beds, bathrooms and the design of our hotel. I will pass along your comments to James and Julien, they would be delighted to know that you were pleased with their level of service. I am delighted that you found us “perfect in every way!” I would like to also encourage you to become a member of our Kimpton Intouch Guest Loyalty Program, where you would be able to receive exclusive offers, personalized stays and a Raid the Minibar card; and the best part? It’s free! I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Have and Eventiful Day!
Prestwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Don't normally write reviews but felt I had to with the Eventi Kimpton. First off, I am fussy about hotels - really fussy. I like them stylish/boutiquey, clean, quiet and efficient. So I am pleased to say this was a great experience from booking right through to staying at the hotel. Staff on arrival were welcoming and courteous - we were upgraded to a suite - with a nice little voucher to use in the mini bar - a welcome treat after a long journey. On the next night a little surprise arrived - some lovely pink lemonade on ice and boxes of chocolate cookies for the kids - with a handwritten note to say welcome. The room was spacious, extremely clean, nice toiletries and very comfy large bed. View was fantastic. This hotel is a 10 min walk from Times Square - so really convenient. Wine hour in the lobby was fab - we took our drinks to the terrace - amazing views and lovely area to sit out and enjoy New York. We were on the 23rd floor and there was no noise from other rooms or from traffic below - so nice and quiet - we really could relax after a hard day touring the city. The food parc next door is an interesting concept - and the food we had there was excellent - altho it takes a bit of practice to order and there is no wine available - altho there is a beer bar!! The hotel restaurant served up some very interesting dishes - all food was excellent, altho it wasn't as Spanish as I expected - nevertheless we had an excellent night dining there. All in all I cannot stress what an enjoyable experience it was staying at the Eventi - we will definitely return.

Room Tip: Talk on Facebook for secret passwords, and join the Kimpton In Touch programme
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Julie471,

Reading your review has really made my day. Thank so much for these wonderful comments. I am very happy that you enjoyed all that we had to offer; including our great customer service, wine hour, special surprises for the kids and the restaurants. Thank you for also sharing the great tip of joining the Kimpton InTouch Guest Loyalty Program, since it has so many great offers. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Euegnia Simons, Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Love this hotel! We went for my 50th birthday celebration and it was perfect. We had champagne and chocolate in our room upon arrival, the staff was friendly, we had a great view of the Empire State Building, it was truly a perfect stay. The details: A very comfy room with a great view. Really comfy bed. Friendly, accommodating staff. From the desk staff down to the cleaning staff. The security guard remembered us, we never had to show our key after our first day, the doorman, very tall man, knew all the spots to go to and had helpful information. The location was perfect for everything we did, right in the middle. There is a great rooftop deck that they sometimes serve afternoon wine/sangria on. If I had even one tiny complaint I would say the light in the bathroom wasn't great but that was so minor that it hardly matters. We love New York and like to try different hotels whenever we are there but honestly, I can't imagine staying anywhere else now, thanks Eventi for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2011
Dear ChrisD35,

Thank you for this fantastic review! It is reviews like yours that help keep our staff motivated. I am really pleased that you chose us to celebrate your 50th birthday. I am particularly happy that you enjoyed our comfy bed, friendly and accommodating staff and our afternoon wine hour. I will let TJ, the very tall doorman know that you appreciated his suggestions. We are currently working on correcting the lighting in the bathrooms. I would like to encourage you to become a Kimpton InTouch Member, where you will be able to receive exclusive offers, personalized stays and so much more. Plus it’s free! I do look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed for just one night a couple of months ago to attend a concert. Hotel service was excellent, room was clean and hotel was lovely! I think this was the perfect choice for us since MSG was right around the corner and the price was reasonable. We went to the bar for a drink earlier in the evening. Great ambiance but service was a little slow. Will definitely be exploring other Kimpton hotels for upcoming travel!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Peacocksj,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am really happy that you had a great stay with us and that you were especially impressed with our level of service and cleanliness. We are still working on our service in the bar, but I am still pleased you enjoyed your stay none the less. I look forward to seeing you again soon or at any of our sister properties.

Have and Eventiful Day!
Eugenia Simons, Manager

Been to Eventi - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!