“Very good hotel in an amazing city!” 4 of 5 stars

$100 Hotel Credit
Ranked #77 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oslo, Norway
“Very good hotel in an amazing city!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Booked on the internet and no problems at all during our recent visit to NYC. Perfect location, friendly staff, excellent amenities, nice workout room, good breakfast and definately a place to consider when going to the "Big Apple".

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Dear PederOsloNorway,

Thank you. We can’t wait to see you next time you are in the Big Apple!

David Chase, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

For anyone who has the Trump Soho on their shortlist of hotels to stay at, I would say move this one to the top of your list! It is the best hotel I have stayed in whilst in New York. The room was comfortable, stylish, spacious and modern. We stayed in room 2912, which is a Deluxe Room and it was worth paying the extra for the stunning view we had of Midtown Manhattan. The bed was one of the best I have slept in, the bathroom with twin sinks and separate bath/ shower was amazing. The bathroom robes were wonderful (only a pity they were asking $250 dollars if you wanted to buy one!) The room came equipped with a large HD TV and another television in the bathroom, a docking station for my iPod and telephones by the bed and in the toilet! In-room internet access would have been nice (if you’ve brought your own laptop it’s no problem) but there was free internet access in the Business Centre downstairs. The Taschen library on the Mezzanine was also a nice place to relax with a coffee and a good book. The in-house “Quattro” restaurant provided one of the best meals (I had the Sea bass) we had on the trip. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful.

Downsides? The cost of wine in the restaurant ($60 for a bottle of Pinot Grigio?!!) and the exorbitant mini bar which you are best to keep well away from, as we did. Of course, its downtown SoHo location may not be ideal if this is your first visit and you want to be near the main centres of attraction but as multiple visitors we loved its location, giving us as it did the change to explore previously unseen neighbour hoods like SoHo and close by Greenwich Village, East Village and Tribeca.

Thoroughly recommended.

Dear Dave_Blants,

Thank you very much. It sounds like you had a great time in NY. I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel and Quattro. Our minibar and restaurant prices are on par with other hotels in the neighborhood. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next trip!

Kind regards,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Great spot! Just a block away from Soho and perhaps on the periphery, but a short walk from all the shops, restaurants, etc. It was handy to have a Starbucks right across the street. The staff at the hotel was always friendly and helpful. We were there from Dec 23 to 28 and the concierege was very helpful in booking a lovely Christmas dinner at a restaurant in Soho for us. We loved all the new technology in the rooms (smart remote) and being that the hotel was only 8 months old, it was nice that the rooms still looked fashionable and new. My only negative comment is that fact that internet is not free. Considering it's NYC and a 5-star hotel with the latest technology, it would have been nice to have internet service built into the price of the room. Aside from this, I would definitely stay again!

Dear GeeGirl,

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts. I am delighted that you enjoyed our neighborhood and found the team friendly and helpful. Internet is complimentary in all of our public spaces and we also offer a full 24-hour business center to all of our guests. We look forward to your next trip to NYC!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

We visit NYC several times a year. This hotel was by far our new favorite, we'll definitely be back.

Dear lizlessner,

Thank you. We are delighted to be your new favorite hotel in NYC and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind regards,
Rutim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

we arrived at 0400 as our flight was one of the first accepted back into JFK after the blizzard but as a consequence we were 4 hrs on the tarmac waiting to disembark (nightmare)

we were exhausted but the hotel staff upgraded us, offered us room service food, they were so sympathetic. everyone was courteous, from housekeeping to doormen, concierge. really couldn't fault service. hotel was spotless and everything worked well.

not really my taste in interiors but I'm sure most people will love it as it was contemporary and neutral.

got a great rate with expedia, would recommend highly

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Dear Rutim,

Thank you for your recommendation. Things were certainly crazy in New York with the blizzard and I am pleased that we were able to relieve some of the stress! We look forward to your return.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

This review needs a special mention before I begin. My stay would not have been even close to as special, amazing, rewarding, incredible, unforgettable, and unique if it werent for the most caring and professional attention by Ashley Fishman in the attache department. I was searching for a place to take my fiance just after I proposed to her, and it didn't take long for Ashley to make me realize that Trump Soho was the perfect choice. She made sure there were chocolate covered strawberries in the room, orchids on the table and champagne chilled and waiting. The bed was covered in white rose petals in the shape of a heart. I was also upgraded to a corner room with ceiling to floor panoramic views from the East river, past The Empire State Building to the Hudson. My fiance felt so special and it would have never been like that if it weren't for Ashley. We both thank you very much.

The nuts and bolts: Large 1 bedroom with killer views on the 32nd floor, ceiling to floor views, drapes and lights controlled by the tv remote, Nespresso machine in the room. Pillow service was there for us to choose any pillow we liked to sleep with. Technology and perks around to make the stay easy and comfortable from dusk to dawn. If it weren't for the fact that we were right at the entrance to the busy streets of Soho, we would never leave the room. Soho is right there and just a great place to walk around. Subway stops were very close which made going to Broadway and back one night so easy and quick. Cant rate the food or the spa since I didn't try either. Spa was sold out, so book early. It was XMAS holiday, but still a good idea to book early, I think.

Thank you Ashley and Trump Soho for helping the first steps of my new life with my "bride to be" become magical memories we will cherish forever. We can't wait to come back again.

Dear fishlegs69,

Congratulations on your engagement! I am delighted that Ashley and the Attache Team made your time here so memorable. I have already shared a copy of your review with them. We hope to celebrate many more happy occasions with you.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Our stay was 12/28 to 1/1/2011 with my wife and family and my business partner and his girlfriend. This is a 5 star hotel, no doubt about it. I went during one of the busiest times of the year, if not the busiest, so there are minor things and annoyances that can be present. Mainly the commotion is at a high level and the prices are at pretty much the top of the scale ( I think my avg nightly was around $1,600), but it is what it is, and the commotion/price was just part of the experience of the week we stayed.

The hotel is new (about 8 months old) and very "chic". The rooms are outfitted with integrated (smart) control features for lighting, phones, media, curtains...etc. I notice that some folks in past reviews complained about these things being confusing but I had no issues and found the controls to be pretty intuitive - even my teen aged kids had no problems picking right up on it. The beds are very comfortable.

We stayed on the 37th floor so the views where absolutely stunning, as far as NYC views go. You can get a view of midtown (time square area/empire st. bldg.) or downtown (and the hudson). We had the hudson/downtown view even after I had requested the midtown, but again, the place was packed, they did the best they could and either view is breathtaking - don't get hung up on which side or area has a better view - just try to get a room high up in the hotel (above 25 or so I would guess) and a suite if you can swing it (has a bit of a wrap around type view - very nice).

The food, in the rest., the bar, the library, and room service was all very very good. It all comes/originates from the same kitchen I believe, but there are slightly different selections in the different menus. We ate several times from all the menus. If you want to enjoy the hotel to the fullest make sure you plan on or budget a two to three hundred (avg) a day extra for just hotel food, tips, drinks...etc. You won't be disappointed. you should try the Quattro at least once during your stay!

Service is top notch. A couple of times I had to ask for something twice or something was delivered a bit late - but it was super busy as I have said and even the couple times things were not 110% I have never had service anywhere close to that at the Trump. ... and my wife and I could be described as hotel snobs . With all that was going on and as busy as it was, they still managed to make us feel like we were special.

The concierge desk is exceptional. We had them get show tickets (Spider man) offer suggestions for restaurants, print out menus, make reservations, nice maps and directions to places and get tickets and suggestions for other shows/events...etc. We even did a sight seeing night with the hotel's contracted limo service. I would highly recommend that to a first timer to NYC or someone that has not done it before. We did about 3 hours or so and really enjoyed it.

Neighborhood is right at the edge of SOHO and seems perfectly safe and tons of shopping and restaurants within a few blocks. There is a subway station basically right on the corner of the hotel.

Some of the places I liked right around the hotel are: Starbucks (of course - directly across from entrance). For a straight forward, inexpensive and traditional breakfast I liked Amilias(sp?), Ellen's Deli (also a little convenience store). The hotel rest. is nice of course - I did not eat there for breakfast though. The SOHO Room, a little tavern/bar a couple blocks from the hotel was nice, intimate/cozy, and friendly. Good room service alternate or for a change, and good all round american/mixed cuisine/selection, I liked Cody's Bar and Grill (they deliver). I liked Empire Schezuan for good, quick, cheap, Chinese AND Japanese cuisine/selections 9lots of selections - the egg roll is the best I have had) I would highly recommend Katz deli just for the experience, but the Reuben is fantastic - and I don't even like Reubens. The one other time we ate out at a nice rest. (other than the on site Quattro ) was at Wolfgang's Steak. It was about 7 blocks away and really, really good food and service and interesting atmosphere. I kinda felt like I was in a "Sopranos" episode though - but still all good and quintessential NYC experience. We went to some other bakeries and coffee bars and such but I am not going to go on any longer than I have. Of course there are a zillion places to eat and probably more are good than bad - I just wanted to give you my thumbs up from our 5-day trip.

In as succinct as possible summation to an overly long review -- We really looked forward going back to the hotel each and every time we went out exploring as a place of solace and comfort for recharging, renewing, and pampering in a crazy, busy, wild and fun city. If there is a complaint it is that we enjoyed the hotel so much that we probably did not go out exploring as much as we planned at the outset of the trip. :) If you can afford this hotel then you need to stay here at least once - judge for yourself.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dear pmaddox,

Thank you very much! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt that the level of service was so exceptional. I will share your comments with the entire team, especially Food & Beverage and Concierge. We hope you will stay with us again soon to explore all those places you missed!

David Chase, General Manager

Been to Trump SoHo New York? Share your experiences!