“Honeymoon Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Leeds
“Honeymoon Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights after our New York wedding. My wife also stayed in the hotel the night before the wedding with her bridesmaids. I have to say that the hotel was amazing and worth every penny. We booked before it had even opened and at the time it was ranked 200+ on tripadvisor. Its now ranked number 9 and I think its only a matter of time before it reaches the number 1 slot.

We've stayed in hotels all over the world and this is definately the best we've stayed in. The service was exceptional. We had fresh flowers put in our room every day. We had a view of the empire state building. On the day of the wedding it was forecast to rain so they let us borrow 20 umbrellas to hand out to our guests.

The bed was also the most comfortable that I have ever slept in!

Its expensive, but its worth it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
Dear pskj2009,

Thank you very much. Congratulations on your marriage! We greatly appreciate your confidence in us and are delighted that you had such a great experience. We hope to see you again on many more happy occasions.

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

We booked a 2 night stay in a deluxe room as a special treat to celebrate our engagement. My fiance called ahead of our arrival from the UK to let them know about this as he was planning a surprise for me. He spoke to Sara who was amazingly helpful and promised to arrange a room upgrade and flowers. Upon arrival we were greeted with a glass of champagne in the stunning contemporary, yet elegant lobby. The colour theme is all golds, burnt orange and dark wood, which i loved. The staff are amongst the most helpful, courteous and professional we have ever come across.

We were upgraded to a suite on the 27th floor, which was simply amazing. They had placed two gorgeous vases of flowers in the room, two bottles of wine and chocolate covered strawberries. The bed was decorated with rose petals - amazing, it felt like our honeymoon! The room really was breathtaking with floor to ceiling windows and magnificent views of the city from every room. There was a gorgeous lounge area, with LCD TV, fridge, sink area and mini bar, even a microwave. This led into the beautiful bedroom area - the bed was huge and the most comfortable bed in the world. You can control the whole room via the LCD in the bedroom - close and open curtains, dim the lights ect. My favourite room with the bathroom which was a huge and beautiful marble tiled room, with an amazing shower and deep bathtub. Taking a bath whilst looking out at the empire state building is an experience! The room was so luxurious yet comfortable, simply stunning! We felt a bit like royalty, we dont usually stay in such high class hotels but this really was an experience. The focus is on personalised service and they really cant do enough for you.
We didnt try the hotels restaurant but heard the food was fantastic. We did have breakfast in the room both mornings which was delicious if expensive but only to be expected in a hotel like this. We had a look in the gorgeous library area and although we didnt try the spa it looks amazing.
The hotels location seems to be on the edge of Soho, not directly at the centre of everything, but we did walk through Tribeca which is near the hotel via Greenwich St and walked right through to the financial district. This only took about 20-30 mins and was a really pleasant walk as the weather was warm for November. Tribeca has some lovely cafes and restaurants too. The west village is also not far and we went for a meal in this area one evening.
All in all an amazing stay and a big thank you to Sara, all the front of house staff (especially Alfredo) and in fact all the staff for making our engagement so special.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jen362
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Dear jen362,

Congratulations on your engagement! Thank you for sharing your in-depth and thoughtful comments. I am very happy that our team made your celebration so special. I will be certain to pass along your words to Sara and Alfredo. We wish you and your partner all the best and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

From the moment I arrived, the staff was attentive, welcoming and gracious. The fresh hand towels upon check-in are a nice touch after traveling on a 6 hour flight. I was traveling on business and had a box shipped to the hotel that was delivered to my room just moments after I arrived; very impressive!

The rooms are beautiful and have all the high tech bells and whistles as well as breathtaking views. The bathrooms are very spacious and have nice amenities. I was impressed with the hairdryer in the room as normally they are small and powerless, not the case here, in fact I will have to call the hotel to get the brand name as I would like to purchase it for my home.

Room service was great and the waiter who delivered it was friendly and engaging. In fact, when I saw him again hours later in the hallway he acknowledged me again. I should mention that I ordered breakfast after the normal hours and they were extremely accommodating.

Location is great as it is close to many great restaurants in SoHo and the Meat Packing District.

I stayed for four days but would have loved to stay the entire week!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank OCBeachLover4
Dear dsrtpny,

Thank you very much. It pleases me greatly that you felt the service during your stay was exceptional. We use Barbar Artist hair dryers in our rooms if you would like to purchase one for your home. We look forward to seeing you for a week next time!

Binghamton, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this new hotel for a one night get away.

The Hotel was very nice and new. The lobby is beautiful and the front desk and door staff are very polite. The room was very clean.

When we made our reservation online, we added the options for valet parking and a bottle of wine. When we arrived, I double checked with the front desk that these 2 add - ons were included with the reservation. They confirmed that yes they were and had a bottle of wine sent right up. When we got our credit card bill the amount charged was about 250 more then we expected. So I called and asked to talk to someone in the billing department. I was transfered and got voicemail. I left a detailed message about our issue. Noone called back. 3 days later, I called again and was connected with someone. I explained my issue and she said she had to talk to her supervisor. When her supervisor, Bridget, called me back she did confirm that they over charged me for an extra bottle of wine and valet parking. No appology at all. She then proceded to tell me she will make a one time exception and take the wine bill off also. She basically was saying that I was trying to steal this wine! PLEASE!

While the hotel was nice, we will not be staying there again. They need to get their billing issues in order and finally, why would a billing supervisor be asking the front desk what the policy is. This hotel was so out of the main stream that 2 out of the 3 cabs we took had no idea where it was.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank moxie3425
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Dear moxie3425,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me personally about your dissatisfaction. As discussed when we spoke, the billing situation had been remedied and I want to apologize again for the miscommunication. Also, I appreciate that everyone has a preferred hotel location, and I am sorry that our wonderful SoHo neighborhood was not convenient for your stay.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We spent a long weekend at the Trump Soho in September. It was fashion week and we expected to be squeezed into a smallish room by the crowd of fashionistas staying at the hotel. On arrival, we were upgraded, without our asking, to a gorgeous corner room on an upper, upper nosebleed level floor. Astonishing bridge to bridge views of Manhattan and beyond! The best bathroom I've ever seen in a NYC hotel. A giant tub that easily accommodated myself plus loved one was at the floor to ceiling window. The amenities were first rate. The bed was beyond comfortable. The Nespresso machine made great espresso. We had friends over for a drink and room service brought us everything we needed for our cocktail party, all in minutes. Great thought went into the design of these rooms. Automatic window shades, gorgeous dimmable lighting, plush robes and slippers, excellent media/electronics center, iPod hookups. This was heaven. The location was excellent, near the subway and a very short walk into the middle of SoHo. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

Very good located hotel (just on the SOHO border, next to metro station, fairly close to meatpacking). Nice rooms. Even has a swimming pool outside - but it was too cold to try it. Good concierge service - know city well, could recomend good places and when smth was wrong with my hockey tickets booking they kept calling my not working cell until the time i turned it on so i did not miss anything. It is not cheap but if you manage to get there a bargain - would definitely recommend it. The only bad this - wi-fi not free.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear asmirnov,

Thank you very much. I am so pleased that you had a great time in New York with us and that you were able to take advantage of the many wonderful things our neighborhood offers. I will let our concierge know your kind thoughts. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night, because it was my birthday ,and i got the deluxe suite.Although the staff were polite,and and of good cheer,the walls were abosolutely HORRIBLE,I heard people right next to me that were'nt even talking loudly.....they were speaking normally and i can hear them loud and clear in my room!...and on top of that,I had some lady with a less expensive room than me right next door,and she started to complain about the noise in my room.This place is going to go out of business if they do nothing about there walls.Furthermore,they have condominiums for sale as well at Trump Soho,no wonder why only a third of the rooms have been sold.Good luck Ivanka...LOL.....

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
7 Thank Sebastian12360763
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
Dear Sebastian12360763,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We understand that your experience was less than perfect. Constructive criticism like yours helps us identify opportunities and make adjustments. In fact, sound proofing between connecting rooms is being addressed. Overall, our TripAdvisor reviews are very positive. Most hotel guests appreciate the friendly personalized service our staff provides. We look forward to continued success because of feedback like yours and others.