“Great Location, Nice view from 46th floor” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
50% Suite Savings
Ranked #98 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Sweden
“Great Location, Nice view from 46th floor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Great location.
Rooms av very nice, clean and not to small.
Staff is very service minded, anything seems to be possible.
We had a meeting room at 46th floor with an amazing view of southern Manhattan, State of Liberty behind the scrapers, New Jersey and Brooklyn.
This is a great place to stay for a few days in NYC.
Will return, if I can afford it!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear JensOlsson,

Thank you very much for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your experience! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the views, location and that everything went well for your meeting. We hope to see you again very soon!

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The hotel has a great location just at the edge of Soho and, on the plus side, the staff were friendly and the public areas look good (although rather small). We also really liked the restaurant, Koi. Where the hotel was let down was the room. I was expecting something with a real wow factor but somehow our room fell far short. The view was good and so was the bathroom but, otherwise, everything was very average. We had one of the smaller rooms (I think) and it didn't have anywhere comfortable to sit and didn't match our expectation based on the hotel's website. Other niggles were, first, there was often a long wait for the lift and, second, despite emailing them a reminder after I got back home, I have not had my points credited to my loyalty card. Would I stay again? No - there are so many hotels in New York and I can do better than average.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear LondonBurl,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations, and I would be happy to personally discuss it with you. I can be reached at gmaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212.842.5527.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed here in a one bed suite for 3 nights on a business trip. The room was huge, with the highlights being the immense bathroom and incredible views. I was in room 2310 with a view up 6th avenue to the Empire State and side views to the Hudson and across to Brooklyn. The location is great on the edge of Soho and Greenwich Village so you can walk out to great restaurants and bars. The sushi in the in house restaurant is great but we had to send a few drinks back. The tonic water is on tap and had no flavour, so g&ts tasted like neat gin. The Reisling served by the glass was no where near as nice as that by the bottle. I had breakfast in the hotel and while the food was great the service was appalling, it seemed like you had to ask at least twice for everything. When it is over $20 for an omlette and $5 for a coffee I do not expect to have to ask for butter, milk, ketchup. However the rest of the service was great, with the doorman producing chilled water when I got back from a run and friendly housekeeping staff.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear BlazaUK,

Thank you very much for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and the hotel's amenities. I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences in regards to your dining experience at Koi - I will be sure to bring this to their attention. We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future!

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I guess I am beign unfair in judging the hotel like this, but, for the fees your paying, I would expect the hotel to be great, and its not. Dont get me wrong, its an "A" definetely, but the gym, the pool, even the rooms are not great. Yeah I know, maybe I'm spoiled.
But, great bed, great shower, spacious suites but a bit "gray".
I would definetely come back, and I suggest you do too.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Luisitorey,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I apologize that we didn't quite meet your expectations but I am glad that overall you did enjoy your stay and some of the guestroom amenities. We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We always stay at the Trump Soho when we are in NY. We find ourselves in NY about 6 times a year. The views are unbeatable, floor to cieling windows of Downtown, The Hudson, the bridges and Manhattan - WOW. We were very happy on our last trip after coming for 3 years, that the front desk took the time to call us ahead of time, welcome us back and offer us a room upgrade. Our check-in was so easy, which was great after a very long day of traveling. Also, the bellman that greet you in the front of the hotel are fabulous. They always remember us and they are so friendly and have great attitudes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear heather g,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. It is so wonderful to hear that you have made Trump SoHo your NYC home and that you have been enjoying your time with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I are always raving about Trump Soho and have recommended it to many friends, so because of this we would still give the hotel four stars, however there were a few small let downs at our last trip.

On arrival, we were kept waiting for over an hour and a half for our room to be ready which was not the best start to the trip considering we arrived after 3pm tired from a long journey and you would expect most rooms to be ready well before that time of day. The room we booked was in fact smaller than a room we had stayed in previously and not as well laid out, despite us opting for a higher tier of room. The fixtures and fittings are looking a little worn and tired, they need a little bit of a touch up to compete with the level of other luxury brand hotels.

Despite these small points, the staff were on perfect form as always, the doorman are brilliant, the bathrooms are smart and luxurious and we love the modern style of the hotel. The big bathtub with a view of the New York skyline is just incredible! We’ll definitely be back because the location and service more than make up for any other shortcomings which were minor and most likely due to us visiting over a very busy weekend.

Room Tip: Make sure your bathroom has a bathtub with a view - incredible!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jessica M,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced; I will be sure to bring this to the team's attention. I am glad to hear that overall you did enjoy your stay, and we hope to welcome you back to Trump SoHo in the near future.

Weinheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed for three nights in the Trump Soho. The location is perfect, the service was great and the staff has been very friendly. The rooms are spacious for Manhattan. Bathroom was really luxury. Great shower. Could have stayed for ever under it :) We really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Britta989,

Thank you very much for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed our service, amenities and location. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!