“Great facilities, mixed service” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
$100 Hotel Credit
Ranked #86 of 464 Hotels in New York City
“Great facilities, mixed service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed here in a one bed suite for 3 nights on a business trip. The room was huge, with the highlights being the immense bathroom and incredible views. I was in room 2310 with a view up 6th avenue to the Empire State and side views to the Hudson and across to Brooklyn. The location is great on the edge of Soho and Greenwich Village so you can walk out to great restaurants and bars. The sushi in the in house restaurant is great but we had to send a few drinks back. The tonic water is on tap and had no flavour, so g&ts tasted like neat gin. The Reisling served by the glass was no where near as nice as that by the bottle. I had breakfast in the hotel and while the food was great the service was appalling, it seemed like you had to ask at least twice for everything. When it is over $20 for an omlette and $5 for a coffee I do not expect to have to ask for butter, milk, ketchup. However the rest of the service was great, with the doorman producing chilled water when I got back from a run and friendly housekeeping staff.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear BlazaUK,

Thank you very much for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and the hotel's amenities. I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences in regards to your dining experience at Koi - I will be sure to bring this to their attention. We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future!

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I guess I am beign unfair in judging the hotel like this, but, for the fees your paying, I would expect the hotel to be great, and its not. Dont get me wrong, its an "A" definetely, but the gym, the pool, even the rooms are not great. Yeah I know, maybe I'm spoiled.
But, great bed, great shower, spacious suites but a bit "gray".
I would definetely come back, and I suggest you do too.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Luisitorey,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I apologize that we didn't quite meet your expectations but I am glad that overall you did enjoy your stay and some of the guestroom amenities. We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We always stay at the Trump Soho when we are in NY. We find ourselves in NY about 6 times a year. The views are unbeatable, floor to cieling windows of Downtown, The Hudson, the bridges and Manhattan - WOW. We were very happy on our last trip after coming for 3 years, that the front desk took the time to call us ahead of time, welcome us back and offer us a room upgrade. Our check-in was so easy, which was great after a very long day of traveling. Also, the bellman that greet you in the front of the hotel are fabulous. They always remember us and they are so friendly and have great attitudes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear heather g,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. It is so wonderful to hear that you have made Trump SoHo your NYC home and that you have been enjoying your time with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I are always raving about Trump Soho and have recommended it to many friends, so because of this we would still give the hotel four stars, however there were a few small let downs at our last trip.

On arrival, we were kept waiting for over an hour and a half for our room to be ready which was not the best start to the trip considering we arrived after 3pm tired from a long journey and you would expect most rooms to be ready well before that time of day. The room we booked was in fact smaller than a room we had stayed in previously and not as well laid out, despite us opting for a higher tier of room. The fixtures and fittings are looking a little worn and tired, they need a little bit of a touch up to compete with the level of other luxury brand hotels.

Despite these small points, the staff were on perfect form as always, the doorman are brilliant, the bathrooms are smart and luxurious and we love the modern style of the hotel. The big bathtub with a view of the New York skyline is just incredible! We’ll definitely be back because the location and service more than make up for any other shortcomings which were minor and most likely due to us visiting over a very busy weekend.

Room Tip: Make sure your bathroom has a bathtub with a view - incredible!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jessica M,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced; I will be sure to bring this to the team's attention. I am glad to hear that overall you did enjoy your stay, and we hope to welcome you back to Trump SoHo in the near future.

Weinheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed for three nights in the Trump Soho. The location is perfect, the service was great and the staff has been very friendly. The rooms are spacious for Manhattan. Bathroom was really luxury. Great shower. Could have stayed for ever under it :) We really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Britta989,

Thank you very much for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed our service, amenities and location. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My sister & I booked a trip to new York as a treat for our parents who celebrated their 70th birthdays the early part of this year, having been recommended the Trump Soho by Trailfinders we pushed the boat out and booked a 2 bedroom suite with city views.
On arrival we were too early for check in so left our luggage and headed out into the city for a couple of hours.
on return our room was still not ready which was a little disappointing considering we had been travelling for 18 hours straight and my sister is disabled - after waiting patiently to our surprise and delight we were given an upgrade to the Penthouse suite on the 42nd floor at no extra charge - when I asked reception if the view was a good one she said "No its not a good one (heart sank)..........its an amazing one (Cheshire cat smile)"! She was definitely not wrong - fabulous view of the empire state, 6th & 7th Ave's and uptown Manhattan skyline which we will never forget! Champagne & Chocolate coated strawberries in the room for us just topped it off and gave us an incredibly memorable start to our holiday.
I cant say enough good things about this hotel, the staff were warm, friendly, helpful and down to earth, nothing was too much trouble and everything offered with a smile, they made us feel so very welcome, I can only conclude that Mr Trump treats his staff very well as they were indeed a happy bunch from top to bottom and a credit to his organisation!
The suite was immaculate and beautifully furnished, the marble bathrooms spacious, elegant & the empire state views from the tub were to die for.
This hotel has a really nice feel to it which is a credit to the manager and his staff who go out of their way to make your stay special, Cullen on Concierge was a brilliant help and the guys on the door so incredibly helpful and cheery no matter what the time of day or night or typically British question being asked?
The hotel is quiet, the beds are soft and ultra comfortable - I have a bad back and didn't suffer one bad nights sleep.
What else can I say, if you want chic, non pompous luxury and service with a smile the Trump Soho is the one to choose - we will be back soon!
Thank you so much for an incredibly memorable stay!

Helen & Wendy Smith Uk

Room Tip: Get a room with a view - 42nd & 43rd floors are awesome - you will be glued to the windows.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Helen S,

Thank you very much for this wonderful feedback! We are so happy that you chose Trump SoHo as the place to celebrate your parents birthdays, and that you enjoyed all of the hotel's amenities. I will share your kind words with Cullen, the doormen and the rest of the staff. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

brooklyn, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We used to live in NY and are now a world away in rural Pennsylvania. I noted in my reservation that we would like a quiet room and that we were celebrating our eight year anniversary. We were upgraded to a really incredible one bedroom suite. And waiting for us in our incredible one bedroom suite was a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. The view was amazing. And just about a minute after we got in our room we had a call from the spa as promised by the front desk. The service was consistently excellent our entire stay. The room is so beautifully appointed. The drapes that close with the push of a button were really a nice touch. The location is pretty great. Walk able to Soho but not in the middle of Soho with all the noise. We loved every minute of our way too short stay. Would definitely like to stay again in the future.

Room Tip: 2310 Was amazing. The view was just incredible.
Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear jmuamy,

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am very pleased that you chose Trump SoHo to celebrate your anniversary and that you loved your stay. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the rest of the team and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Andreas Oberoi

Been to Trump SoHo New York? Share your experiences!