“Amazing Views” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 452 hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We spent many hours checking out hotels in NYC for our visit ,this was the last leg of a 4 week holiday, we wanted somewhere away from the hustle of times square so opted for Soho,the Trump had great reviews and what we wanted was somewhere to relax after a day walking round the big apple, we booked a 1 bed Suite for My wife,10 year old son and myself, we also requested a view of uptown and the Hudson in a corner room, The Trump certainly delivered, we got a 33rd room floor with amazing views to the empire state and the Hudson, the service was first class, the rooms are huge and bathroom was amazing also, Soho is also very nice with many restaurants a few minutes walk,Chris on the front door was very friendly and asked each time we left if we needed and directions etc, Would recommend Trump to anyone

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear phil19722013,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear you and your family had a great stay and enjoyed the amazing views from your room. I will also share the nice comment to Chris, our doorman as he will appreciate this. I look forward to welcoming you back to Trump SoHo on your next vacation.

1,820 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Korean first
L.A.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stay at The Trump Soho approx three times a year over the last 6 years and I am returning back to New York next month and finally sitting down to book a hotel. Where it was always an easy decision I must say, I am really having a difficult time returning to The Trump Soho. The Hotel has nice rooms especially the One bedroom suite and the amenities are well done but, The lobby, restaurant and all other common areas are in extreme need for renovation, design and creating a good flow throughout the hotel. The lobby always felt like you were walking into a condominium building, not a welcoming hotel there are no luxuries just a few extremely tattered sofas with stained carpeting and ugly walls around you the design is terrible in the common areas extremely tattered and run down, almost depressing. It feels so awkward you cannot sit anywhere except a tiny little bar in the Koi restaurant and the other restaurant in the hotel where they serve breakfast feels as if its temporary and it is so out of place almost corporate feeling. There is no place to sit and chill with family or friends to have a drink appetizers or coffee. When I look at so many other hotels they offer amazing common areas and great rooms as well. Trump, Im not sure I will be returning until you get a much needed face lift and improve your common areas. I can find so many other hotels that really offer so much more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear TZK88,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Trump SOHO combines beautiful style with the charm of NYC. We stayed in a one bedroom, two bathroom suite. They wanted to upgrade us but the room wasn't ready and I needed to change clothes for an event. Nice touch for them to consider it though. The ceiling to floor windows enable stunning views of NYC. Great atmosphere in the lounge where we sat and enjoyed a cocktail.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Judith H,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am glad to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed the floor to ceiling views from your room. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Easton, Pennsylvania, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Seems a five star hotel could do better than having someone wait for two hours (so far) To check in. Not liking this so far and my wife doesn't look pleased either. Should book my meeting elsewhere next year as this isn't good.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Bruce G,

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We looked for a suite that was large and wanted to be in Soho. We tried to book direct but the best prices were with a 3rd party so we were so happy to book and stay in this 2 room suite.Amazing bathroom,shower and tub.Floor to ceiling windows. Get a high floor above 12 or you will hear the cars below. A+ for this property

Room Tip: corner unit, suite
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear barcelonabrat,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our large suites in the location of your preference. Pleae feel free to contact me directly on your next trip to NYC and I will be happy to assist you. I can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527.

Falkirk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here for a week from 5th November as a splurge for our wedding which took place in Central Park on the 7th. The hotel was lovely, great first impression from Chris the doorman to Jenny who checked us in. We were congratulated on our upcoming wedding, and Jenny even checked the weather for us. The room we were given, 3612, was amazing. Fantastic view to the Empire State Building and Brooklyn Bridge, bathroom was great and bed was fantastic to sleep in every night. However, a couple of small issues we had were the walls being a little thin, we could here the tv from the room next door until around 2am in the morning and although there were not many rooms on our floor, there was quite a lot of noise coming from the people passing in the corridor regularly. I was also left a little disappointed that our special day was not marked by the hotel in anyway at all - this is a 5* hotel with the price tag to go with it, a small gesture to the bride and groom on their big day would have been greatly appreciated and probably would not have cost the hotel much in the long run.

Dear Cat B,
Congratulations on your recent nuptials and thank you for providing your valuable feedback. I am pleased to hear our doorman, Chris and our front desk agent, Jenny were helpful and provided great service to you. I do see that your room was upgraded to a higher floor and our housekeeping team prepared the room for wedding day preparation, in recognition of your wedding. I do apologize that it did not feel enough or not recognized. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a 32 floor corner room with amazing views downtown. The location on Spring St made it perfect for the restaurants and shops of Soho and Tribeca. Found the in house Japanese restaurant (Koi) a little underwhelming was our only real criticism.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as possible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear nedwob123,
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay. I'm pleased to hear your stay went well and you enjoyed the views from the 32nd floor. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Andreas Oberoi.

Been to Trump SoHo New York? Share your experiences!