“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

SoHo Suite Savings
Ranked #40 of 446 hotels in New York City
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

One of my favorite hotels. Fom the moment you walk in to. the moment you leave. The doorman were wonderful one in particular. His name was Angel. He seemed to love his job and recommended the hotel like it was his own home. And he was on point on everything he said the hotel would be. I cant wait to get back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Vinny C,
Thank you for sharing your review. I am pleased to hear we are one of your favorite hotels and you had the pleasure to meet with our doorman, Angel. I will definitely share this great review with him and thank you for mentioning him as well. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Andreas Oberoi.

1,675 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at the Trump in Soho last weekend. We splurged for a room and was not disappointed. They upgraded us to a suite at check-in which was truly a suite (the last time we stayed at a suite in NYC there was a breakfast bar in the foyer). Merrick the doorman was amazing and a joy to see daily and Eric the concierge directed us to the best gluten free pizza spot in the city. The staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable; simply put, first class. The location is great for upscale shopping and dining; all right at your doorstep. Great location, excellent service, nice appointments and just a little pricey.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Weightlossdoc,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I'm thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for mentioning Marek, our doorman and Eric, our Concierge. I will be sure to share the nice reviews with them. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the hotel's location and do some shopping and dining in SoHo. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Steamboat Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The service was GREAT! The food delicious! The views...45th floor for reception was spectacular. The windows faced to the NYC spectacular buildings...Empire State Bldg, Freedom Tower. Magical for a wedding reception under 80 people.

Room Tip: Ask what the views are...choose what you'd like.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear stmbtoutdoorgirl,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on the wedding you attended at Trump SoHo. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the views in SoHi and the food during the reception. We will share your nice feedback with our banquets and catering team! Please reach out to me on your next stay in NYC.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I just spent 4 nights at The Trump Soho for our 25th wedding anniversary. We were treated very well and upgraded to a deluxe suite on the 27th floor which had amazing views. Front desk and Concierge were terrific. Can't say anything about the restaurant Koi because we never ate there. Location was great. Beds very plush and large bathroom. We actually had 2. My only quibble was with their wifi. Very spotty, which was surprising given that this is an expensive NY hotel with first class amenities. However, we loved being there and would definitely return. Classy hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to enjoy the amazing views of NY.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear acprod1,
Thank you for sharing your review and I am happy to hear you had a great stay celebrating your 25th anniversary. Thank you for mentioning our Front desk and Concierge service, I will be happy to share this review with them. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next celebration.

Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights whilst in New York with my friends, all celebrating our 30th bday's. Having read lots of rave reviews on tripadvisor I was really excited about staying in this hotel. I was unfortunately quite disappointed. Whilst the hotel is nice, I do not feel it lives up to its reputation! I will list good points first:-
Good location close by to brilliant shopping area.
Friendly staff, especially lady who checked us in, bell boy who took us to our room and housekeeping.
Restaurant looked nice, although we never ate there.
Now for the down side:-
Expensive for what you get.
We asked at reception if we could upgrade to a bed and breakfast package and were basically told no.
We asked concierge to recommend eating places nearby on our first night and his response was that soho was very quiet! He tried to send us to a thai restaurant across town. After having explored the area during our stay we realised there were in fact lots of restaurants close to the hotel!
Our room wasn't cleaned properly each day. In particular I noticed where we had been during our hair there was clumps of hair. This had obviously not been hoovered during our stay.
Rooms are tiny. I understand some rooms have an amazing view, but ours which was on the 12th floor had no view.
If I were to book this hotel again I would request a higher floor.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Quady83,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is a reflection of Mr. Trump's classier side. I really cannot find fault in anything. The rooms are fantastic and service is top class. I was here for a company conference and we had booked the 60th floor "SoHI" Ballroom from where the views of NYC were breathtaking!! I liked the in-room shampoo a lot and I mentioned this to the receptionist. Next thing I knew, 5 small bottles were delivered to me compliments of the hotel!!. What's more since it was New York fashion week, the hotel was teeming with models and celebrities. If you want to take in NYC in style, this is the hotel to stay!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lakshmi P,
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed our meeting space in SoHi, it truly is one of the most breathtaking views in our meeting space. I'm also very happy to hear our staff was able to provide you with a special gift. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Awesome stay!!! First class service all the way and the view is great. I had friends come into town and they stay here, I ended up staying here too instead of my place I like it so much. The beds are so comfortable I didn't want to get up but my friends dragged my out of bed to show them the city. Soho is really a great spot.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear James B,
Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay at Trump SoHo. I am please to hear you had an overall great stay and you enjoyed our plush and comfortable beds. I'm also happy to hear you were able to see and enjoy SoHo. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Andreas Oberoi.

Been to Trump SoHo New York? Share your experiences!