“The best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 464 Hotels in New York City
George Town, Malaysia
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Trump Soho has to be the best hotel experience for us ever. We just loved our 7 nights stay here, everything was pretty perfect as far as we are concerned. Perfect corner suite with to die for views, excellent excellent room service quality and food was just so awesome! The massages were one of the best, and room comfort and sleep quality top notch! We will go to NYC just to stay & dine in Trump Soho! You have met all our expectations and have set the benchmark for all our hotel stays now, THANK YOU!

Room Tip: corner suite with views to die for
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear stefan d,
Thank you for sharing your review. I'm glad to hear you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the views from your room, and had a great spa experience. I am always happy to hear your expectations were exceeded, look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Trump is a lovely hotel -- large, comfortable, well-appointed rooms, excellent service, beautiful views and a superb location.

My one complaint is the noise. The doors simply do not seal off hallway noise, and to make matters worse, the room doors slam shut loudly. What that means is every time someone leaves or enters their room you will hear their door slam in yours. Even worse, if you are unlucky enough to have loud guests party late then return home, they will wake you up in the middle of the night.

It would be worth it for management to somehow replace the doors or better seal the doorways for a truly restful and luxurious experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall to minimize noise of passing guests and doors slamming shut.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear ee160763,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations regarding the noise in your room. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here during fashion week (first week september) in a one bedroom suite on the 28th floor. I can highly recommend staying in a room that has glass floor to ceiling (rooms above 21 onwards I think) unless you have vertigo. The views were amazing and the light was wonderful. coming back in the early evening felt like such a treat as the sightseeing continued..the room looked up 6th avenue, across to the Hudson River and towards Brooklyn and the Williamsburg Bridge.We used the small pool and bar on level seven which was nice but it isnt a swimmers pool..pleasant all the same. Didnt use the spa or gym. The breakfasts were great-absolutely delicious actually- but sometimes it is best to reserve a table at weekends as outsiders use the facility and one morning we couldnt get in which was irritating, Staff were flustered and we sat in the library area and they later offered to serve us there which was fine but I dont want it to happen again. BEDS-the most comfortable bed with topper that I have ever slept on and the pillows were divine. We heard NO NOISE AT ALL but were away from the lift but Id say it is a quiet hotel. Nespresso machine v useful. Clean, everything worked, fantastic view from the bath. Lovely robes. Concierge lads were extremely helpful from sending me duct tape to mend my luggage to directing us to some fun places on a Sunday morning in Brooklyn. Much appreciated. I love the area in the evenings as it is so easy to set out on foot to the many many restaurants which is exactly what we did. Balaboosta, Little Owl, Home, August, Mercer Kitchen etc etc. I have already booked my return trip for my birthday next summer I liked it THAT much.

Room Tip: Id always go above floor 21 to get the views. Corner rooms spectacular.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Honoria1,
Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay at Trump SoHo. I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your vacation and liked our quiet and comfortable accommodations. Thank you for recognizing our Concierge team and they will be thrilled to hear your positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back next summer.

Andreas Oberoi.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I'll start this by saying this wasn't my first choice. My friend wanted to try something different and I was sad to have to say "I told you so" when he decided against my advice to stick with our favorite hotel. We arrived around 5:30pm. My friend went through the fires dealing with an awful receptionist. She said things along the lines of: she's not sure if we actually have the room we booked because it wasn't really booked because when you book through American Express it's not certain (what?!), then the room we MIGHT get wasn't ready even at that time, she tried to force us to stay in a different suite, which completely defeated the purpose because my friend wanted the spa suite to get a massage space and a sauna in our room. As my friend tried to offer a multitude of solutions and proof of booking, she came back with an aggressive rejection, even hinting that somehow the room we booked could be booked by someone else at any minute (since she decided we didn't actually book it), and since they're at 100% capacity they would have no place for us to stay. I mean I've never seen this kind of treatment at a Hampton Inn. Awful. I was so shocked I was speechless the entire time.

My friend almost missed his evening massage, we had to call over and over to hunt down where the masseuse was, since it was supposed to be in the room we originally booked. They placed us in another room while the room was being cleaned. I was so uncomfortable, we had to wait at least an hour and a half, when I finally got the call the room was ready and someone was coming with the key, 20 minutes later no key. I called again and the person didn't know what was going on. I went downstairs, at this point about to explode because I hadn't eaten a full meal and hadn't been able to shower, change, or get comfortable, I went to the concierge and the terrible receptionist saw me and handed our key cards to the guy who took our bags up earlier. She was obviously trying to avoid me, and perhaps even keeping the keys longer on purpose? I hope not. I was so angry I didn't want to deal with any more people and moved all the bags from the temp room to the other one by myself, as my friend had finally figured out where his massage was.

You know what they say, first impressions stick or whatever.

The room was okay. It was just so generic, and if you like generic, then it will work. To me cleanliness, a "new" feeling (like not old fraying furniture and scruffy walls) and design are paramount. It was clean, it was new, so it hit two points. The bed was extremely comfortable. Probably my favorite thing in the room. The bathroom was in the bedroom, right next to one side of the bed, and it had no door - what's up with that? Is this some new ultra-modern thing?

The spa was really great for me. Something told me to skip a massage and get a facial, and it was the best facial I've had. She was honest and said if I really want some results not to do any of the basic ones, instead pay more for actual results. I believed her because a lot of facials are just fluff. The facial and conversation were both lovely. She made me feel so comfortable, and gave a neck and back massage better than most masseuse-only employees have given me at other hotels.

Other service people were good, like the cab service guys, bellmen, etc. They were sweet, helpful, charming. But that check-in experience will never leave my memory of this place. The location is perfect for me, I like either midtown or soho/tribeca. The hotel is easy to find, just a really good spot to get to so many things easily.

In conclusion this hotel is nice, modern, but so big it feels a bit corporate, if that makes sense. I definitely didn't feel homey, even inside the room. Impersonal. I've never had to hold on the phone so much (for the concierge, spa, dining services and the such) at any hotel. Every negative aspect I had may have had a slightly more positive perspective had that ~3 hour check-in debacle had not occurred, and we had been treated with respect and arrived with our room ready.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alexask,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Wall, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Ive stayed here for both business and pleasure. Whether travelling solo, with my wife, or with my entire family, the Trump Soho has always been a great place. Its up-scale, but not pretentious. Staff is always friendly and professional. Rooms, whether standard room or one-bedroom suite, are really well done... clean and solid. Quiet rooms. Comfy Beds. Great bathrooms. The location is excellent. Just a 2 minute walk from great shopping and eating.

Room Tip: all rooms great... but, due to the location of the hotel, the rooms on higher floors have outstand...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chris K,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm happy to hear you were able to enjoy our rooms both on leisure and business, and you enjoyed our accommodations and friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was our first time in New York City and we wanted to go to the Cotton Club. Not knowing the area, I waited until we arrived and asked the concierge to get us reservations for the Thursday night buffet and jazz. Unfortunately, the club was full. We decided to try for Friday night reservations and the staff, Collin, Michael and Sean, called and emailed until they were able to secure us a spot.
We did not know if a tipping was standard so asked the front desk how to show our appreciation. We were told to give them a good review on tripadvisor so "Thanks for working so hard to get us into the club. You are very much appreciated!"
The hotel is in a perfect spot. We were able to walk to see the 911 Memorial, Bubby's for breakfast, and many dinner spots as well as Soho shopping. Our room had a view of the Empire State Building. However, it also had a view into the office building next door where we could see the workers quite well. I assume they had just as good a view of us so we kept the sheers closed most of the time. There are nice touches of technology with automatic curtains, lights and TV and the room was a nice size. We had a "view tub" but it also looked into the office building next door. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.
The hotel did not offer free wifi which I thought was pretty cheap for what we paid per night. There was no breakfast provided or even on site but there is a diner close by and a Starbucks across the street.

Dear KellyM0602,
Thank you for sharing your review. I'm very happy to hear your stay overall was to your satisfaction and you enjoyed our comfortable beds and liked the location. Thank you for recognizing our Concierge team - I will be sure to share your comments with them. Your reviews are always greatly appreciated. I hope to welcome you back to NYC again soon.

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I just spent three nights at the Trump Soho in New York City. We were upgraded to a wonderful corner suite with fabulous views of the Hudson River, mid-town Manhattan, and the new Freedom Tower.
The entire staff including reception desk, doormen, housekeeping, and restaurant staff were all wonderfully helpful.
I might add that the restaurant KOI has a terrific menu and the food and service were superb.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite above floor 30
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear SocratesCanada,
Thank you for sharing you review on your stay at Trump SoHo. I am very pleased to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed the beautiful views from your room, and our engaging and friendly associates. We look forward to your next trip at our hotel soon.

Andreas Oberoi.