“Breathtaking views” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Tokyo, Japan
“Breathtaking views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here for a short business trip but I could not get any work done in my room! The views of the Hudson River and Upper Manhattan from the corner suite on the 41st floor were unreal. The front desk staff I encountered were all friendly and helpful, especially Raquel.

If I had stayed here for a week or more I probably could find some fault with the hotel or the staff, but during my short stay I had nothing but good experience.

I booked the Trump Soho through Magellan Vacations and would not hesitate to recommend them. They offer good rates compared to the hotel's website and their customer service was always super fast in responding.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the northwest corner.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear tokyoite_94,
Thank you for sharing your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay as a business traveler and enjoyed our wondering corner suite. I will be sure to share the nice comments to Raquel as well. I hope to welcome you back on your leisure travels to NYC.

Andreas Oberoi.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed there for two days. We stayed at the 17th floor with a lovely view of wall. We where woken up both days with a dog barking....yes...a dog barking, the small type high pitch dog barking. The smell of food in the corridor on the 17th floor was horrible. The bathroom has no door which looks nice, but you cannot turn on the light at night without waking up your partner. This is also kind of annoying when the maid enters the room without knocking and insists she needs to change the ice even when you, half naked from inside the bathroom with no door, try to convince her with no effect to come back later. The concierge was kind of useless while trying to help us find a good place for brunch.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Miguel S,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and your stay was not enjoyable because of the barking dog. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Andreas Oberoi

Haugesund, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel has everything you desire in a hotel; modern and yet comfortable, great location, large rooms, great service. The doormen Marek, Chris and Angel was fab and made you feel special. Also the girls in the reception was amazing, Sydeka especially.
The rooms are beautiful and large, with huge bathrooms, and all technically advance electronics you could need. The location is in the best location for all the Soho restaurants and shopping. The best hotel I have stayed in ever with outstanding service! Will definitely be returning :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear AstridHG,
I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Trump SoHo. I will gladly share your kind review with our doormen and front desk agent. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our outstanding services as well as our room and amenities. I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to NYC.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Ok I just loved this hotel. Stunning views and breakfast and room and location was amazing. 4 of us in a one bed suite tons of room x as a family we all loved it. If flying to JFK will take hours in traffic Newark best option x enjoy x

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear upperclass1,
Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the stunning views from your room and enjoyed your stay with your family. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We had 5 nights at Trump Soho in September 2013 and loved it.

The location was perfect to explore the local area and restaurants. It was also very convenient to the subway.

Our room was of high quality, very clean and we found all staff to be friendly and professional. The check in process was very smooth and welcoming.

We also enjoyed a drink by the pool and use of the gym was also very good.

If you enjoy walking we made it to the Hi Line in the Meatpacking district.

I would highly recommend Trump Soho and we will be back.

John M
Sydney Australia

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John M,
Thank you for sharing your review. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and the location of our Hotel. I'm glad to hear you recommend our Hotel and hope to welcome you back for future visits.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel after a long flight from new Zealand. We arrived around 10.00am and the front desk was very accommodating finding us a room straight away and then upgraded us to a premier room on the 33rd floor. The views look out over to new jersey, spectacular especially with floor to ceiling windows. Hotel room was very large and great amenities. On our last night there were fire works over on the new jersey side of which we had a wonderful view of from our room. Pool bar was also good, excellent staff service very accommodating. Tried the japanese in house restaurant koi, superb food. The doorman are very friendly, even our taxi driver said the doorman were very good as some doorman at other hotels are very greedy wanting money from the taxi drivers to give them a taxi fare. Overall could not fault it, will definately be back. Location is only 2-3 minutes walk from the main soho shops and boutiques and doors away from some lovely restaurants. Subway is also just across then road. Hope to come back next year!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Vgdtraveller,
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the views from your room and the amenities the hotel had to offer. I'm glad to hear we were able to quickly accommodate a room for you after your long flight from New Zealand. I hope to welcome you back next year when you return to Trump SoHo.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Just got back from a week at Trump SoHo which very hard not to like. Great rooms with fantastic beds, extensive bathrooms, lovely views and staff very clued up particularly the very cheerful lady we dealt with in reception and the Concierge who made some top recommendations (Bubbys our favourite!). Hotel is right on the edge of SoHo so important to orientate yourself on arrival as a little dull on one side, however Subway on Spring St very handy and still very cheap. Hotel gym was very well equipped and rooftop pool a real bonus for sunbathing and a balance to all the walking, shopping and sightseeing. We went for US Open Tennis (tickets readily available and very inexpensive compared to Wimbledon). Shopping in area extensive and still quite a bit cheaper than UK. Breakfasts and meals nearby very good but seemed to have gone up a lot in past years - the inescapable fact is that you are in one of NYC's smartest areas!! However we could not face the 3 hour queue for the now legendary Cronut at the nearby Dominique Ansel Bakery on Spring St !!
I thought I would be the last person to say this but Mr Trump certainly knows how to run a hotel!!

Room Tip: Blow the budget and go for a high up view!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marten T,
Thank you for sharing your review at Trump SoHo. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay during the U.S. Open. I'm happy to hear your accommodations were comfortable, especially our plush bedding and the views from your room. I wish you better luck on getting a cronut on your next visit.

Andreas Oberoi.

Been to Trump SoHo New York? Share your experiences!