“Wedding night” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 451 hotels in New York City
NY
“Wedding night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for our wedding night which was abt 3 years ago when the hotel had just (literally) opened. We got a brand new suite (nobody had stayed in it before us), we loved the service and the rooms. I particularly loved the featherbed and would love to know where to buy one.
They let us have a late check out as a courtesy gesture and they let me keep one of their hangers to hang my wedding gown on.
Recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1,771 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Korean first
Chevy Chase, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have opted for smaller boutique hotels recently but our usual was booked so we tried Trump Soho. Very glad we did. This place is fantastic. Everyone is professional and friendly and ready to help. We negotiated an upgrade to the room (they offered an upgrade at check in for one price, I offered to take it for another!). Room was fantastic, large and clean. Great view of the city. First class all the way. Went to get a cab to go to diner and they put us in a house car, even offered to pick us back up! Pool bar is very cool and they pour a generous drink. My wife was even able to get a message at the last minute. A little sad they charge $75 for a cot and $15 for WiFi but upgrading to a suite with pull out eliminated those costs and was well worth it both financially and in comfort. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and it will move to the top of our list for New York stays.

Room Tip: If they offer you an upgrade you can negotiate the price.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Neil K

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our pool deck and the view of the city from your room. I look forward to your return visit to the Trump SoHo.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Soho Trump is a wow factor. The grand design of the hotel with fantastic customer care.

Our stay at soho trump was one of the best experiences myself and my partner have had in a hotel. We arrived the day before his birthday, upon check-in, the receptionist greeted us with very personable manners.And the upgraded room was a great surprise to us. I speak highly to the concierge, they are very knowledgeable and very helpful. No trouble getting any reservation that we asked for.

The hotel is clean, elegant and chic. The view from the room is magnificent.

Location wise, it is situated right close to SoHo, within walking distance to Little Italy and China town. It is away from the touristy spot of NYC and you surely can experience NYC via a new yorker way.

Worth every penny we paid and we will be staying in the hotel again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Moorestown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I stay at the Trump SoHo when we visit NY because we feel the service is the best. Every person that works for the hotel is extremely friendly and courteous making your stay as pleasurable as possible. The rooms are large and location to shopping is fantastic. They even have a house car to take you out when available.

Room Tip: The views are better as you get above floor 20 but the rooms do not change.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear CPerhacs

Thank you for staying with us again at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate you choosing us as your hotel of choice in NYC. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a nice place! my room was clean, quite big from what I expected and everything was fine. I would recommend this place! I generally prefer small hotels because of the service. It is close to the center (Time Square). Thanks again for keeping my luggage after the check out time. I will come back next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We travelled from Australia to England then had a side trip to New York for 4 nights. Spent hours trying to find a hotel for our first trip to New York. We were both so pleased we chose the Trump SoHo, wonderful friendly check in, we were given a very large room with a fantastic view of Uptown and the Empire State Building which was the first view we had in the morning and last view at night. The room was spotlessly clean as was the large bathroom. Bed was very comfortable and it was nice to have a walk in shower . Surprised to see Manchester City players and staff there (May 23rd to 27th we stayed). We really enjoyed exploring the local areas, which we liked better than the hustle and bustle of Times Square, fantastic shopping area. All in all excellent hotel in an excellent area, when and not if we are back in amazing New York this is where we will stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bill.Nes

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to NYC. I am pleased to hear you had a memorable stay and I look forward to your return visit on your next trip to New York.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

What makes this hotel Great is not the beautiful large rooms, great views or comfortable furnishings its the staff. From the moment we arrived we felt looked after. From such a large hotel you might expect impersonal service but this is not the case. Mohendran and Vanessa at reception made us feel welcome as did Angel who was so pleasant when getting us cabs, all the staff from housekeeping to room service went the extra mile. I cannot praise this hotel enough I've stayed in a few hotels with the same star rating in NYC and I can honestly say the Trump beat them hands down. Little niggles that caused minimal inconvenience was no cutlery in the room even though we had a coffee machine and a microwave. We stayed in a suite and it had great views but be warned there is no privacy screen between bathroom, bedroom and sitting room so be very comfortable with those travelling with you. I had no issues because the glass shower cubicle gave such great views but it may not suit everyone. As for me this is my first choice for all future trips to NYC

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear tonitravelbuddy

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate your nice comments about our staff and am happy to hear we exceeded all your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back on future stays.

Andreas Oberoi

Been to Trump SoHo New York? Share your experiences!