“Exceptional value for the location and service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SoHo Suite Savings
Ranked #40 of 446 hotels in New York City
Toronto, ON
“Exceptional value for the location and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

What makes the Trump SoHo exceptionally different from the cookie-cutter brands that we're constantly subject to is the quality of personnel working there. Depending on the brand, we've come to expect the same levels of luxury/spaces. Far from the perfunctory minimal service, that we've grown accustomed to, these guys went just the extra mile to make our stay there enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Toronto Tripper

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

1,675 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
  • Korean first
santa barbara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here for a few nights and was very happy. The service was prompt and friendly. The spa was relaxing, great massage and loved the eucalyptus steam room. Room was well appointed, liked the automatic window shades and lighting, bed was not too soft but could have been a bit more firm. Location was perfect- spent 2 days walking and shopping. I would definite stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 1995sb21

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our downtown location and your services at our spa. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed for a week in May 2013 in Trump SoHo to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
We book the hotel thanks to the positive reviews in tripadvisor and also based on the fantastic trip we had in Trump Honolulu (anyway Trump Honolulu is for us a MUCH BETTER HOTEL)

We had a room on the 38th floor having a gorgeous view of Manhattan, especially we were so lucky with the fantastic weather. It was spring time at best - trees show fresh green, the tulips were all over the city, cherry blossom was at its max the time we have been there... Probably the best season in NYC unless you are a big sauna-lover or snow-aficionado.

Trump SoHo is very new, with all perks and modern amenities. We really liked the location – far from the madness of the crowds around Times Square and 5th Avenue – the place was ideal for shopping (Prince street, Spring Street, Bleecker Street shops and etc are nearby, dining with fantastic restaurants. A lot of great bars, restaurants and shops were a 5-15 minute walk. For example Aquagril is few hundred meters away, and this is one of the best seafood restaurants in NYC (fantastic oysters, and so on, highly recommended!)

The room was big enough for the NYC standards (40 sq.m) very new, the bed was great (so soft). We have a Nespresso machine in the room, also nice touch was a free bottled water provided every night for turn-down service. Automatic curtains come and go at the touch of a button, very nice so you wake up and enjoy the terrific views.

One of the “must do” things to do while in the area is to go for breakfast or brunch in the Bubby’s on Franklin str. Just a few minutes’ walk and you will enjoy the fantastic food Grandma style… Absolutely delicious.

What was strange for me was some of the services in the hotel. Before our trip I contacted the hotel 2 times providing request for simple restaurant reservations for Aquagril (as they are not at Open Table) and I did not have any reply.

Also when we checked in I asked on the reception did they have the information on my TRUMP CARD number and they did not have that. They said that they only get this information if you book directly with the hotel and not via travel agent. That was very strange because TRUMP CARD Privileges Program is a nice program that you have your Personal Preference Profile which gives all the information to Trump including the special anniversary dates and even preferences on you scent on the pillows and the type of the newspaper you prefer to receive in the morning. So my number was sent to Trump by my travel agent and also I gave it specifically during the check-in process, but there was absolutely no difference, it was like that this program do not even existed.

I discussed this and other issues with the Director of Front Office, Mr. Daniel Ng, which is a very polite and extremely experienced person, dedicated to hi-level service. The main issue was that because of lack of information in the hotel had no information about our anniversary date. Mr. Daniel took care of the things in his own hands and he made sure that we had fantastic time. He got us a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our room while we were out to dinner, we got rose petals on the bed with the heart shape and all over the bathroom. He also provided late check-out (6pm) at the time of our departure, all in all very nice gestures and you really felt the great hospitality. Mr. Daniel is very professional, and his efforts to make the customer happy are much appreciated.

I would recommend this hotel and I hope next time the TRUMP CARD Privileges Program will function much better!

It is nice hotel in excellent location!

Special recommendation for Morimoto (Japanese Restaurant in the Meatpacking District) – we had the best food and the Best steak in NYC. We visited number of other great NYC steakhouses (we went to Quality Meats, Keens Steakhouse, Wolfgang’s Steakhouse, BLT Prime and etc) but Morimoto had the best meat.

Room Tip: The highest you go the better the view is !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ivo_k

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo for your Anniversary. I am pleased that you enjoyed the amenities in our rooms and appreciate your feedback on our Trump Card Privileges Program. I thank you for your loyalty to the Trump Hotel Collection and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to NYC.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had a great stay at the Trump Soho in December 2012.

The thing that really sets this hotel apart is its staff. I couldn't recommend the concierge staff highly enough. About a month before arriving at the hotel, and after several failed attempts to get a booking at Per Se, I contacted the concierge via email and they managed to secure a booking for my wife and I at this amazing restaurant. This alone was quite a feat! But the excellent service continued once we arrived, and they were full of great local recommendations (like the excellent Hundred Acres). One of the best concierge staff I've seen at a hotel.

The room itself was beautiful with a great view over NYC. The room service was fantastic - great burger.

The only quibble we have of the hotel is the soundproofing on the rooms. The hotel was basically full when we stayed, and you can hear quite clearly people walking through the corridors. You can also hear activity in the neighbouring rooms, including our female friend in the adjoining room who was not shy about - shall we say - vocally expressing her positive feelings on a nightly basis! Bring earplugs...

That was our only real quibble in what is an excellently built, very well located, very expensive hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors = more expensive, but better views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jirrupin

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our In Room Dining. I appreciate your kind comments about our concierge team and look forward to your return visit.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just back from our honeymoon in New York and could not speak highly enough of the Trump Soho. The staff were beyond friendly and professional, we wanted to take them all home!. The hotel very generously upgraded our room to a Hudson view and on our first night put lovely chocolate covered strawberries in our room while we were out to dinner with a personalised note wishing us all the best for the future. Really nice touches all the time. At check in after a long flight we were handed a refreshing towel and a bottle of water, every night when we returned from dinner the room was turned down with relaxing music, dim lighting and a bottle of water on each of our bedside tables. The Nespresso machine for an early morning and mid afternoon pick up. These little things make a massive difference.

The location was ideal for shopping, dining, a couple of drinks and even to walk around and see the sights. All good bars, restaurants and shops were a 5-10 minute walk away.

We are already planning our next trip to New York and will never even considering staying anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark R

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you had a memorable stay for your honeymoon and that you found your new home away from home in NYC. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Lake Arrowhead, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We got upgraded to a one bedroom suite from a Deluxe King for our five night stay. While I was happy about the upgrade, the room overall is definitely not luxury!
What differentiates a luxury property from a good one is its details, and there was tons of details missing from trump soho! While the size of the suite is extremely nice for NYC standards, there are just too many misses!
Stains on the sofa, worn edges on furnitures, poorly clean marble floors, dirty light switches, dirty water marked bathroom vanity legs, furnitures not properly placed after vacuuming (I had to move the floor lamps back into its place and reposition the two chairs so its not blocking the living room access),the list goes on.......
The spot light above the tub needed a new bulb, and the fire detector started to beep in the afternoon! The worse is the most basic and most annoying, no wash cloth tonight! It's the kind of thing that is inexcusable because when u encounter it, usually u are too tired to wait for them to bring one PLUS u are most likely naked and ready for a shower!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear rchu

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations regarding our rooms. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

....is what you'll see on your TV screen in your room.

This is my fourth stay here and each and every time has been exquisite. In my previous stays in Manhattan, I always stayed at the Sofitel in Midtown (which is great as well) - but this is where I'll stay from now on.

Location wise, its fantastically located south of the village, but an easy walk. Its also close to the subway and all the SoHo shopping you can handle.

The front desk staff has always been so helpful and it seems like everyone working here goes out of their way to make you feel special. On each occasion, I've been upgraded due to my expedia+ status and therefore always get a suite, usually with a great view of the Freedom tour or Time Square looking up Broadway.

I'm now in 3905, which is a beautiful corner suite with a living room and corner view bedroom looking downtown and at the Hudson.

Had a great workout in the well equiped gym. And on that note, there is an plentitude of free bottled water stocked there, so you don't to go to the local corner deli to stock up. I recommend getting it there as the evian in the room can get a little pricey.

The beds are not of this earth - and I don't know which planet they come from, but they are possibly the softest things I've ever rested upon. I have a 2 year old daughter at home and sleep comes at a premium in my house. I laid down last night and didn't open my eyes for 9 hours. Seriously, if Trump is reading this, please respond with the EXACT sleep schematics and I will replicate at my house.

I've never had a bad room here and I don't think you can go wrong. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra dosh for a few nights here - you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are best for a wider variety of view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear tomatolord

Thank you for staying with us again. I am pleased to hear we are your hotel of choice in NYC. I appreciate your repeat business and look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Andreas Oberoi

Been to Trump SoHo New York? Share your experiences!