“Trip to NY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 459 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Trip to NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great Hotel, Good location. The staff were courteous and hard working, and very helpful ( It was our first trip to America) . They told us the do's and don't's, We had a fantastic time there and we'd go back to this Hotel without hesitation. One thing though , the Bathroom didn't have door !!.
I know it was a Family room but we had a 16 year old with us and he wasn't happy with the lack of privacy. That's the only minor complaint, but the rooms were large and very well appointed.
I can highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 20th floor, it was brilliant , quite good views but the better views come with t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear BOBGORDON

Thank you for sharing your family’s experience at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate your nice comments about our staff and your feedback regarding the room layout. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next trip to New York City.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had to go for 2 days for a quick work trip. I was expecting it to be a bit older and more staid. But it was pretty hip and cool. a great looking crowd. Fun. Good mix of people. The rooms are large and everything is instinctual and top notch. Great service. AMAZING beds. It's a sexy, masculine, new york vibe. I LOVED the cashmere throw on the beds. I was beyond impressed with the rooms. You will want for very little. Great location. Walking distance to some amazing restaurants and close to great bars. My only disappointment was the bar situation at hotel. The only true bar is the TEENY TINY bar at the adjoining KOI restaurant. Otherwise there's a lounge on the 3rd floor, but that's it! That was a ball drop for sure. Otherwise total recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear trosubkis

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent business trip. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our downtown location and the comfort of our beds. I look forward to your return visit at the Trump SoHo.

Haddonfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently traveled to NYC with my daughters, ages 5 and 9, for a girls' weekend. I had spent much time researching hotels in the city, and the Trump Soho exceeded my expectations. The location is nice as it gets you away from the busyness of Midtown. We took the ferry from Liberty State Park in NJ, and it's a short walk from the dock.

My daughters were very impressed by how "fancy" it was. They enjoyed the tv in the bathroom (!) as well as the canisters of M&Ms at the mini bar. I was greatly impressed by the size of the room and bathroom. There was plenty of room to walk around, and a nice couch was right at the window. The bathroom had a deep tub and separate shower, as well as double sinks. The decor was excellent, very clean lines and neutral colors. Nothing flashy and showy, just classy and relaxed. My favorite feature? The window shades opened and closed with a click of a button on the nightstand (just like in the movie "The Holiday.") :)

The staff at the front desk were extremely friendly and accommodating. We were actually able to check in early. Room service was quite lovely, as well. The fresh flowers were very welcoming throughout the hotel. I was offered a copy of the New York Times in the morning as well as a bottle of water upon departure.

I highly recommend the Trump Soho for a nice, quiet place to retreat to after a busy day in the city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear AckGirl74

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear we exceeded your expectations for your girl’s weekend. I look forward to welcoming you and your daughters back to the Trump SoHo.

St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stopped over for 4 nights in April 2013 with family.
I had a room on the 28th Floor Room 12, this had great views down 6th Avenue to the Empire state building and provided a fantastic light show every night, other members of our party had slightly smaller rooms and the other side of the hotel with river views.
The room was large enough, with a 46'' Tv, radio, hairdryer, safe etc all provided, there was an archway into the bathroom if this is an issue for people, the toilet and shower had frosted glass doors but were fine, there was ample piping hot water.
The room service and hotel staff were attentive and extremely helpfull, nothing was too much trouble and the rooms were kept well stocked and clean throughout our stay. Slippers and chocolate was laid out every evening and the radio put on low in the background too.
The beds were huge and extremely comfortable and the rooms also had a sofa, chair and seat provided too.
The bath was immense with full length windows with amazing sights depending which end you were in, there were his and hers basins, gowns and ample laundry provided, there was also a smaller TV sited in here.
The hotel is serviced by 4 lifts, the room key must be inserted first then the floor selected once the key is withdrawn otherwide you will be standing in the lift for sometime, no key, no access to the hotel lifts which isnt a bad idea.
We didnt dine in the hotel, there was a buffet available for $25 but breakfast was expensive, as was dinner.
The hotel is sited in Sring street, there is no shortage of excellent restaurants and diners nearby so give them a go.
There is a subway station close by and ample yellow cabs as you would expect, the hotel also provides a free car to ground zero after 1pm.
The spa looked amazing however we never actually used this as we wanted to get into town rather than stop at the hotel.
The room rates started at $895 per night upto $10,000 so it isnt a cheap option, it was always fully booked whilst we were there and for good reason. All in all we had a fantastic time and would go back again.

Room Tip: As per the other reviews, the higher the better, there are River views or uptown views, the uptown l...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Keithydee

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you had a memorable stay with us and appreciate your kind comments about our staff. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Adrian, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The outstanding staff here , the amazing views from our rooms, the unbelieveable service, made this very first trip to New York an amazing one. But like other Hotel they have their problems as well. My toilet was plugged up on the first day that I arrived. The third morning when I went to shower in the morning there must have been a major leak from the floor above as the drywall in the shower area was on the floor of the shower so that made for a mess to clean up on a tight schedule for a busy morning. An overall wonderful experience there. The fresh flowers in the rooms were wonderful. An awesome trip all and all. Especially with the Boston bombing that happened at our arrival. I felt very secure and safe at the Hotel.

Room Tip: Riverside rooms have an amazing view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Paramedicprincess

Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate your kind feedback about our staff and I am happy to hear that overall you had a wonderful stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was my first trip to NYC and i loved every moment of it. This hotel is situated in the SoHo area of manhattan and is a very modern and stylish hotel as you would expect from a Trump hotel. One of the best things about this hotel are the views from the rooms. Our room was on the 34th floor and we had views of the Brooklyn bridge, Crysler building and the Empire State. This is the perfect location for any fan of sex and the city as alot of the show was filmed around this part of NYC. The shops in SoHo are very fashionable and so are all the little coffee shops where you can go for breakfast. The hotel is in a perfect location as you can walk everywhere in manhattan and there is also a metro stop right outside the hotel if that is your thing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Vass6283

Thank you for staying with us at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you had a memorable stay and enjoyed our downtown location in SoHo. I look forward to your return visit.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I've been in a few hotels in NYC. Fair, good and very good ones. But the Trump Soho is awsome. The service is amazing. Sights from the room are breathtaking. The location is the best to actually enjoy the Soho, Tribeca,... Although you can walk through all Manhattan.
Breakfast is good but you have many other cozy places in the surround and discover the Soho in the morning, almost free of tourists

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear bettyMadrid

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the views from your room and had a wonderful stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to NYC.

Andreas Oberoi

Been to Trump SoHo New York? Share your experiences!