“Large room in great location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
SoHoHo Holiday Savings
Ranked #52 of 458 Hotels in New York City
“Large room in great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We loved our time at the Trump Soho. Room was very large with sofa and bed seat and still space to move. Bathroom had seperate bath, shower and toilet with glass door panel. Some design flaws though. Lights on mirror not practical and no door to bathrooom. However, I'd stay again next time if price is right.
Also, given the limos and paparazzi out front, it was obvious there were lots of celebrities staying here. We were not good at knowing who they were but they looked goooood.

TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Danroslyn

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you loved your stay with us and appreciate your feedback on your room. I look forward to your return visit.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had booked this and having read a few of the reviews I had requested a high room. The room is only held until midnight so I e-mailed to make sure they held the room as we didn't land till 10pm. When we got there we were told that we had been upgraded to a 1 bed suite, but it was only on the 11th floor. You could here the road noise but it wasn't too bad. The room was amazing. There is wifi in the lounge but it's an additional $15 per day if you want it in the room. I really liked the hotel but I'm glad that we got a deal on the room!

Room Tip: High floor, we had a corner room at that worked well
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear lfer6f

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your suite and had a wonderful stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Darwin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Just completed 6 nights in one of the Delux rooms on the 29th floor. Fantastic views over the financial dis, the Freedom Tower and the Hudson. The room was smaller than I expected for what you are paying. I expected more space, but that is the only criticism. Apart from that the room, bathroom (which is quite large), hotel, and staff service are simply top notch.

The room is super modern with remote control of everything. Pressing the 'Wakeup' button in the morning have everything turn on and the curtains open is pretty cool. The service from staff was impeccable. All the food services are pricey but in the end was all so good I kept paying the $32 for breakfast. Genuine 5-star hotel, but 4.5 for me as the room was a bit cramped for the price.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear VinceDarwin

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the remote controlled features in our rooms. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Peachtree City, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

First stay at Trump Soho. We stayed room 3609- beautiful view of water, Empire State Building and Freedom Tower. Room was beautiful, staff was kind and helpful in recommending restaurants, etc. What was not great was the NOISE! My husband and I felt like the noises from the street were amplified at this hotel. Police, fire trucks, garbage trucks, general traffic noise -- all were very very noticiable in our room. This wasn't our first trip to NYC, but it was our first time at this hotel. My husband and I felt our rooms at Times Square were much quieter...and we aren't expecting silence, but muffled sounds were expected. In addition, our upstairs neighbor's "extra curriculuar activies" (if you get my drift) were on display both nights of our stay. My husband and I could hear conversations, the tv AND all the swear words/noises/laughter/ etc that they made during their, ahem," happy time".
While we don't begrudge a couple their romantic time at a hotel, being woken up from a sound sleep by people swearing is not my idea of a good night. Nothing was done by the management when we told them of the problem. NOTHING.
We will not be staying there again. We'll head to the Trump hotel by Central Park or the W Times Square.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Stacy P

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the view from your room and appreciate your nice feedback on our staff. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations in regards to noise issues. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Spend the night at the fabulous downtown trump soho. The staff was so friendly and super nice. KIO was delicious - an amazing addition to the hotel. After dinner the lounge was incredible for a drink. What a fun NY scene. You never need to leave the hotel...perfect night!

Room Tip: Fabulous bathrooms!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Renay S

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Second stay at the Trump soho, it actually gets better.
Last time I was on the 12th Floor this time I stayed on the 30th floor and I would advise you to request a room at least on the 30th floor or higher, the views are just incredible!
The staff are brilliant (take a lot of extra cash to Tip!)
The Koi restaurant is great, highly recommended and the SPA is also first class.
Can't wait to return, it doesn't get better than the Trump Soho

Room Tip: Request a room on the higher floors, no need to splurge on a suite the standard rooms are huge and f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear lola s

Thank you for staying with us again at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our spa and the views from your room. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

No. California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Four of us stayed in a 2 bdrm suite #4204. Fantastic views! Especially from the main bedroom with 2 floor-to-ceiling glass walls. Not a full view of the Empire State Bldg, just the top, but plenty gorgeous. Spacious bathrooms and Acqua di Parma products are always a plus. Ice bucket refilled daily. Nespresso machine was used quite often. There was even a microwave oven which made it convenient to warm up milk for the coffee.

We didn't intend to use room service or laundry service but after an incident in the elevator (we were stuck for 90 minutes) the hotel management apologized profusely, sent a cashmere coat out for complimentary dry cleaning, sent a bottle of champagne on ice to the room and comped room service for the rest of the stay. We ordered brunch, watched Argo, and after a few mimosas we felt encouraged to try the elevator again. I thought the staff did a wonderful job of making up for the mishap. Thank you.

Hotel Soho location is perfect for shopping and dining. We had the best squid ink pasta at Il Mulino, fantastic Duck Confit at Balthazar, pretty good croissant at Dean & Deluca, yummy rice pudding at Rice to Riches (must go there to take pictures), pretty good Xiao Long Bao at Joe's Shanghai in Chinatown. All within walking distance from the hotel!

When I'm in NYC with husband and child we usually stay right by Central Park. But I'm definitely coming back to Trump Soho for girls' trip.

Room Tip: Higher floors for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Beautifulworld

Thank you for sharing your experience from your girl's trip. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our downtown location and the features and amenities in your suite. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Andreas Oberoi

Been to Trump SoHo New York? Share your experiences!