“Great size room, good location” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   246 Spring Street, New York City, NY 10013   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #46 of 454 Hotels in New York City
London
“Great size room, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Colleagues said I had to stay here and it was a great recommendation. Good location for me, with some great restaurants near by. Room was a fabulous size and looked good. Service was not you'd expect but filled in the survey after my stay and got a response which was good. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear OutdoorJW

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and our location in SoHo. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just got back from my trip birthday trip in NYC. Everything about this hotel was great with the exception that they messed up my birthday card, my girl friend sent me.

The entire staff was friendly, when i checked in the day manager came out provided me with water and helped shook my hand and handed me a card and advised that if i had any problems he would be able to take care of it.

I requested a sports illustrated magazine which they didn't have but they did sent someone out to purchase it for me which was wonderful! Of course there was a cost attached to this request $10.

Aside from messing up my birthday card and experience I have no real complaint. I even took the card to the front desk and all she said was i'm sorry, this is handled but another company.. From that point i was very upset, but i won't reflect that in my review as it was only one part of my trip.

Will I return, of course but this visit was not a 5 star visit.. On my special day i would have liked the 5 star experience, oh well. What can you do.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear PrinceKool

Thank you for your feedback and for the nice comments about our staff. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit, especially because this was a special trip for your birthday. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Bluffton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel is fantastic; a beautiful building and great service. The attache accomodated several personal requests and the doormen were superb (i.e. parking my friend's car for her at no cost, and making sure we got to all our destinations quickly). I had my 2 young children with me, and I felt that they were very much welcomed and treated like little rockstars.

The hotel is in a great location, with cool bars& restaurants and shops nearby. It is also super close to public transit. We got a suite, and it was huge by NYC standards. The view was amazing, especially at night. Also, the room was amzazingly quiet. I've stayed at many NYC hotels, and this is by far the quietest for sleeping.
The food from in-room dining was way better than expected, with several healthy choices on the menu as well. Overall, this was exactly the type of service and quality I would expect from a fine hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear FoodCriticfromBoston

Thank you for sharing your family’s experience at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate your kind comments about our Attaché team and doormen. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our in room dining and the views from your room. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again.

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I had traveled to NY before but wanted a little more peace and quiet this trip. We were totally satisfied with the Trump Soho from the Bellmen to House Keeping, everyone was awesome. Will be back. Great location for shopping with the wife.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark M

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. I am happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed our downtown location in SoHo. I look forward to your return visit at the Trump SoHo.

London UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

great room and lovely staff - only shame is that the bar and pool arent open in the winter months will definately go back when i can use it :) also shame you cant use the spa facilities as a resident for free you have to book a treatment....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear bchapmanLondonUK

I am pleased you had a wonderful stay with us and appreciate the nice comments about our staff. And thank you for your feedback on our spa facility. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I took my partner to New York to celebrate her 40th birthday and chose The Trump Soho after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. I can see why this hotel is in the top 10.
On arrival Gabby on the desk kindly upgraded us to a suite with a view of the Empire State Building. What an exceptional room with fantastic views! Having a bath and look straight at the Empire State Building is a memory we will never ever forget.
Little cakes to celebrate my partners birthday were a lovely touch.
Service at the Soho was second to none and our stay at the hotel was an amazing experience but worth the money as you get what you pay for.
One request for Mr Trump, please drop the charge for Wifi as your hotel is better than that.
All said and done, I am already saving up for our next visit to NYC and will definately be back

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Empire State Building. Outstanding Views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear GoonerPaul1964

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo for your partner’s 40th birthday. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the fantastic views of the Empire State Building from your suite. In addition to the complimentary wifi in our lobby, we do offer complimentary wifi in our rooms when the reservation is booked with us directly. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

New York Mills, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This hotel is in one of the best locations in lower manhattan. There are great bars, restaurants and shops flanking it on both sides as well as trains very nearby. The vibe is super cool and hip. The rooms are small but modern. We are staying here due to being displaced from Sandy and they helped us out with the rate. Also complimentary wifi and a really nice breakfast spread. Wonderful hotel in a great location. I wouldn't say this is a kid friendly hotel as it seems to cater to a younger crowd. My husband dog and I were very comfortable though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear meryfrey78

Thank you for choosing the Trump SoHo as your home away from home in NYC. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our downtown location in SoHo and look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again in the future.

Andreas Oberoi

Been to Trump SoHo New York? Share your experiences!