“True Luxury is how you are treated” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Family Suite Savings
Ranked #42 of 451 hotels in New York City
Saint James, New York
“True Luxury is how you are treated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I spent the weekend. Our first time at a Trump property. The staff was attentive and proactive. Calls for room service had someone at my room in 15 minutes. Even the door men out front remembering my name and extending themselves. You can stay at alot of trendy places downtown, but they are just that, trendy which sometimes means superficial. You wont get that at Trump. Very happy to spend another day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear andrew j

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations on your first stay and appreciate your nice comments about our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.

1,795 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We spent 2 nights at this hotel at the end of October and we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite. The suite was fantastic with a completely separate bedroom and living room. The suite had a very luxurious feel, with remote controlled curtains, a massive bed with the comfiest mattress & pillows I have ever slept on and a great bathroom which had 2 sinks, a deep bath, separate rain shower and even a large flat screened tv.

What really sets this hotel apart from others I have stayed in was the level of service. From the guy who showed us round our room and changed the AC to celsius from fahrenheit (we are from the UK), to the turndown service where they give the room a full tidy and leave out complimentary slippers, chocolate and bottled water. Everyone at the hotel went out their way to help and make sure your stay is comfortable.

The location is great too, especially for shopping. The only negative thing is you have to pay extra for wifi, which you think would be complimentary in a hotel of this class.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear KatAFC

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff and am happy to hear you enjoyed the features and amenities in our rooms. In addition to the complimentary wifi in our lobby, we do offer complimentary wifi in our rooms when the reservation is booked directly with us. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My first experience in Trump chain of hotels and nevertheless, it was very impressive. I was staying for 3 nights from Nov 9th to Nov 12th after the horrific Hurricane Sandy that took place. The staff checked me in immediately upon my arrival & upgraded my room to a higher level (which was a lovely gesture) - I was put in room 3202 with a view of Empire States Building :) However, they have delivered a wrong letter with a plate of desserts addressing to Mr. Round during my first night which I was pretty surprised how they were confused. Nevertheless, they apologised for it.
The area is very cozy for a nice walk towards shopping, food (nice restaurants nearby) and it was close to subway line (that can lead you straight to JFK Airport via Air Train for just $7.25).
I managed to indulge for in-room dining : Breakfast and it was delicious.
The hotel is honestly a gem in the busy New York City yet it makes me home especially I was traveling from the other side of the world. On my last night, the staff called to offer an online check-in for my flight departure the following day which was very thoughtful.
Thank you for the exprience and I look forward to return to the hotel in my future trips to NYC & I hope all is good after the unfortunate Sandy that hit the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to face Empire States Building. A good night sleep is most definite to take...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bee Kuan L

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your first stay with us at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your view of the Empire State Building and your in-room dining breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you back on future trips to NYC.

Nassau, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I spent a night there to celebrate a momentous occasion and it was a very nice hotel. The rooms are well appointed and we had an absolutely gorgeous view of New York. The hotel has a great buzz, lots of cool people milling about the lobby. The only bar that was open was at their restaurant, Koi - the drinks were teeny and way overpriced - but hey, being native new yorkers, we weren't really surprised. Needless to say, we moved on after one drink.

One other negative that really surprised me - and granted, I do have a pet peeve about this: mildew on the grout in the shower. Really Donald?? (i even took a picture of it). Unfortunately this is way too common a problem, even at the finest hotels. You'd think at the prices they charge, the housekeeping staff could keep a grout gun on their cart and touch up as necessary (just saying...).

But overall - if you don't mind spending the money - I think you can't go wrong at Trump Soho.

And if you're ever in Chicago - the Trump there is just stunning and amazing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear PickyNYer246

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed the hotel while celebrating your special occasion. I appreciate your feedback about our bar and showers and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Mahwah, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have never written a hotel review before, but we had such an amazing stay at the Trump Soho Hotel that I feel like I need to write something. To start, when we checked in, we were told that they were giving us a huge upgrade. Our suite was stunning--comfortable, plush, impeccable, with wonderful views of NYC all around. But as fantastic as our room was, what really made the stay special was the staff. Everyone was so genuinely friendly, helpful,and thoughtful. I have never stayed at a hotel were the staff seemed to care as much about the guests as they did here. We went to the hotel for a Sweet 16 weekend for my daughter, and before arrival, the hotel attache contacted me to ask what kind of cake my daughter liked; when we arrived we found her favorite sweets and treats in the room, along with a huge bunch of balloons (including ones specifically for Sweet 16) and a personalized birthday note. The doormen greeted us by name, arranged last-minute transportation for us, and even offered to send up more cupcakes for the birthday celebration. The concierge, the front desk, the doormen, housekeeping--everyone we encountered seemed to want nothing more than to make our stay memorable and perfect, and they certainly did just that. I will certainly go back to the Trump Soho again!

Room Tip: High rooms have fabulous views!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear PKD9

Thank you for sharing your daughter’s Sweet 16 experience at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations and helped to make your daughter’s birthday a very memorable one. I look forward to welcoming your family back in the future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I loved my room at this hotel. Great view of the city skyline, super comfortable bed and huge bathroom. The service is personalized and friendly, and dinner at Koi is fabulous. Would definitely return.

Also, the room sizes are large by Manhattan standards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear SarahDallas222

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo on your next visit to NYC.

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel is very beautiful, you have an amazing view from the city and the whole room has Fendi furnishings. The location is also great to walk around, great restaurants and shopping but thats nothing new for me since I used to lived in Soho when I lived in New York. The only down side of the hotel for me is the service. I don't had anything special to complain about the service just the lack of it . I like to be pampered specially when I'm paying $800 a night. I have received better treatment in the four seasons and even the W. They didn't help my husband with his luggage or called us a taxi, it was like we weren't there. I'm not sure if it's because we are both young under 30 but it was definitely the worst service for this type of hotel. I'd recommend the hotel if you're in a business trip but not for a special occasion.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear IsabellaPBM

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit. I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at GMaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212-842-5527. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Andreas Oberoi

Been to Trump SoHo New York? Share your experiences!